Profile for Mr. Graham O. Mara > Reviews

Content by Mr. Graham O. Mara

Mr. Graham O. Mara "Book worm & DVD fanatic" (Worcester, UK)

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted., 14 Nov 2013
This is a hugely fun game I was introduced to by my friends in the USofA.

I found it very funny, and so I got this version when I returned from a recent holiday. However, I should warn you, this is rated 18 in offensiveness...

But well worth a game or 40

Nutty Fluffies Rollercoaster
Nutty Fluffies Rollercoaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple fun., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Nutty Fluffies Rollercoaster (App)
Very enjoyable and fun game. I can see myself playing this until I achieve perfection. Great graphics and easy to use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, 10 Feb 2013
Looking for a decent, well priced and well made 920 cover, in white?

Then here you go. Well worth the money

James Bond - 22 Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1962]
James Bond - 22 Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1962]
Dvd ~ Sean Connery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value (Rating based on price and number of films), 12 Jan 2012
Okay, how do I review a product that is not out yet? [Edit: I guess this is mainly based on my experience with the Bond DVD/Blu-ray releases that I have purchased in the past. - so, strictly speaking this is not a review, but a educated preview "guess"]

Well, I could say that, Yes there is no Casino Royale (David Niven) or Never Say Never Again (Sean Connery) in this box set.

But seeing as the earlier version of Casino Royale was not made by EON, (and in some way is a farce of a film in many ways) that was never going to be included. (Also the rights issue - MGM might not own those disc rights)

And with Never Say Never Again - as EON themselves might say "We don't mention that"

And therefore both of these films will never (say never again?) be part of any EON/MGM set (Though I believe MGM did release Never Say Never Again as a DVD many years ago in a similar cover to the Bond DVD's)

I would not be surprised to see those films get separate releases on Blu-ray in the near future though.

Currently the price quoted on here (£89.99) is much better than the USA price for the same box set ($199.99) and hopefully this price will remain this low.

If you are going to pre-order this, the Amazon Price promise works, so rest assured you will not pay more than the price you are quoted on ordering this large box set. In fact, you might be lucky and see the price drop and you only pay the lowest price on Amazon up till release date. (I have had a few refunds from this promise in the past when the price dropped on the release date, even though my order was shipped to arrive with me by then)

Anyway, that is enough of the boring stuff.

This should be an excellent box set, full of extras where you may find yourself watching them more than the films. If the previous releases of DVD/Blu-ray have been anything to go by, EON and MGM really push the boat out on this series of films.

I am really looking forward to getting this later this year
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2012 2:07 AM GMT

The Edge Of Glory (Foster The People Remix)
The Edge Of Glory (Foster The People Remix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance to the remix, 18 July 2011
Just a quick review - wow, a very nice dance remix - full of bass and also something to enjoy.

I can see this doing well in some clubs

Genuine Motorola Xoom Power Supply
Genuine Motorola Xoom Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely Genuine, 12 Jun 2011
What can you say about a power supply for the Motorola Xoom that has not already been said?

After all, what can it do? Well, it can supply power to the Motorola Xoom.

It does this by the means of transforming an incoming power supply (anywhere from 110 volts to 240) to the accepted power levels that are the required supply needed for the Motorola Xoom.

In this, it does the job well.

Thank you for the time that you spent reading this review.

Dave Gorman vs The Rest of the World
Dave Gorman vs The Rest of the World
by Dave Gorman

5.0 out of 5 stars Game on, 2 Jun 2011
A very funny read.

If you have seen or read Dave Gorman before, this is excellent, and if not, then you had better start now.

Made me laugh out loud, and I was there for a small part of it... seems funnier now than it did at the time, and that is not because "things seem funnier after a while" but because Dave is a great story teller.

Well worth the money

Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control
Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control
by Suzi Brent

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, everybody, what's that sound? Nee Naw, 27 Feb 2010
If you ever ever wondered what happens when you say "Ambulance", whilst making a 999 call, then this is a book for you.

In fact, I think this should be a book for everyone - as the "rules" that you should abide by if you call 999, I think, must be taught to everybody. (I certainly did. I was once a "why are you asking me these silly questions" man but now, I know they are asked for a reason (even if I cannot answer them)

From the start, a bad day... to the end, (of the book, not the "story"), this book has laughter, fun, smiles... tears, horror, shock and moments of sheer amazement/disbelief - oh, and Bananas (Lots of them, some of them itchy!)

My suggestion? Read this, then go read "Blood, Sweat and a cup of tea" and its follow up. Then think the worst for (some of) humanity that wastes time, thus maybe killing people - then take the lesson that these books teach - If you need an ambulance, say for chest pains, then call... you will not be wasting someone's time... if you have cut your finger, got a cold, are drunk and need a lift home, or just plain annoying.... call someone else, or.. get a plaster, take cold remedy, call a taxi and sober up, or become a stand up comic....

To end. Buy this book, read it - Learn from it. (oh, and laugh, cry and enjoy)

More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea
More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea
by Tom Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 6 Jun 2009
A sometimes heart-rendering account of the reality that is life

But, moments of humour abound too!

I can only recommend it, and the previous book by Tom Reynolds.

Others have reviewed this far better than I can

Out of the Tunnel
Out of the Tunnel
by Rachel North

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, a well told story, 16 July 2007
This review is from: Out of the Tunnel (Paperback)
Simply put, this book is both easy to read because of how it has been written, and hard to read because of the subjects covered
Even though it is a book with "dark" material, it is one that "flows" from the page and it is a book which also places the reader into the reality as an Eye Witness.
It is an honest look at one person's struggle to recover from PTSD, and also her outlook at how victims are treated sometimes.
A book I can and will recomend to anyone