Profile for lynneje > Reviews

Afghanistan, Where God Only Comes To Weep
Afghanistan, Where God Only Comes To Weep
by Siba Shakib

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 26 Aug 2003
I could not get in to this book although I was really looking forward to reading it. It was written like a child would write, with no 'speech marks'.I never got past the first two chapters

Forget You Had a Daughter: Doing Time in the Bangkok Hilton - Sandra Gregory's Story
by Sandra Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you think, 26 Aug 2003
Contrary to what Ally from London said in her review, I found that I liked Sandra Gregory, I think she is open and honest and a bit of an adventure seeker. Of course she felt sorry for herself, who wouldn't in her situation? Drug trafficking must be taken seriously and a fitting punishment given, but it wasn't as if she were one of the big drug barons who make millions out of the trade. To me it is them that should receive massive sentences. She was only trying to make enough money to get home, therefore carrying such a small amount of heroin for someone's personal use. Obviously a ridiculous thing to do and so easy to say in hindsight. I really enjoyed the book, well written and plenty of detail. A good insight in to the harsher realities of life, and hopefully would put anyone off doing the same thing. Good Luch Sandra, I wish you all the best for the future.

Faceless
Faceless
by Martina Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC READ, 15 Sep 2002
This review is from: Faceless (Paperback)
I haven't quite finished this book yet, but felt I had to say what an excellent read it is. Martina portrays the drug scene with accuracy. You feel sorry for some of the characters and complete hatred for others. You feel you know them, the writing is so in-depth. I shall read all her other books. You won't want to put this one down. A first class author!