Profile for Martin Blore > Reviews

Martin Blore "gmnexus2"

Puppies For Dummies
Puppies For Dummies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Feb. 2015
I'm getting my first ever pup next week and after skimming the contents of this book, it looked like a great all round guide. I've read it back to back and absolutely love it. It explained everything so well and has given me so much confidence now in how to raise a puppy. I loved the section especially on nutrition and the development stages of a puppy helping me understand their needs better. I can't wait to see how the training explained in the book applies to my new little guy to bond and make him a happy pup.

One of my favourites...the bell on the door for when they need to go out for toilet. I hope I can get him used to that.

Great book, highly recommended!

Game Programming Gems (Game Programming Gems (W/CD))
Game Programming Gems (Game Programming Gems (W/CD))
by Deloura

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 27 Jun. 2002
The book is an absolute must have for any Game Developer in the industry or as a hobbiest. The book gives a detailed design and implementation of game devlopment aspects, techniques and tricks around 10 pages which is enough to keep you thinking and coding for days.
The novice game developer might be a little overwelmed of some of the topics discussed but from the amount of knowledge contained in the book im positive everyone will benifit from the book and well worth their money.
For the professionals and experienced coders, you'll make your way to the top quickly from taking in and implementing the discussed topics in the book and find theres a few things that you wont probably find on the web.
This book is one of the highlights of my references and book collection. You wont be dissapointed!