Profile for pufferfish > Reviews

Content by pufferfish
Top Reviewer Ranking: 384

pufferfish (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream, 50g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream, 50g

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich, thick night time face cream, 2 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very rich and thick night cream. When it is first put on, it feels quite sticky and heavy, but after a couple of minutes it absorbs into the skin and leaves it feeling soft and comfortable even for normal/slightly oily T zone skin and the stickiness fades away. The scent of the cream is quite a herby clean fragrance. It does feel very moisturising and a little bit of cream goes a long way.

Pampers Mega Plus Baby-Dry Pants - Size 5, Pack of 84
Pampers Mega Plus Baby-Dry Pants - Size 5, Pack of 84

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product now available in pull up version!, 28 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant! - The standard Baby Dry nappies were great and kept our baby dry all night for month. These new pull up pants version are really good for wriggly older babies who like to make a run from the nappy changing mat and toddlers for night times when they are being potty trained by are not able to stay dry at night yet. The waist is very stretchy and elasticated and softer than your standard day time pull ups and there are no scratchy velco tabs. Overall, very happy with this product - just wished Pampers developed this version earlier when our toddler was younger - it would have saved so much time and energy wresting the standard nappies on!

SoundPEATS Q9 New Mini Lightweight Sport/Running/Exercise Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless headphone for Sony Samsung Android Iphone Ipad Bluetooth Device (Black/Red)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars very small for bluetooth earphones!, 28 Aug. 2015
The earphones look stylish and in real life aren't as bulky as they look in the photo. The red ones that I have also look very cool, and I like the extra attention to detail of the red "core" of the rubber plugs.
Sound quality is great, no problems here, nice and crisp with good balance of bass, midrange and treble, and none of what I refer to as "bluetooth hiss" that you may have heard before - early bluetooth devices used to have a lot of background noise when not playing anything. That generally doesn't happen anymore, and not on these headphones either.
They also have audio prompts instead of beeps, meaning you get the words "connecting" and "connected" and "power on" etc which is a lot more informative than one beep, two beeps, long beep....

Connecting and use is fairly standard - hold the power button to enter pairing mode with audio prompt "pairing", then search on your phone, simple and quick.

I use the earphones with my android phone, but they also play nice alongside a smartwatch which also uses bluetooth simultaneously. Yes, you can connect a lot of bluetooth devices to a phone these days - if I'm on my bike I use a bluetooth speedo, Heart rate monitor and cadence sensor at the same time as the watch and optionally headphones too. And this actually does all work. A caveat though - bluetooth audio never seems to pass through your body well, so don't put your body between your phone and the headphones. It may stutter. Put the phone in a right hand pocket, because the antenna is on the right ear. And all will be good.

Battery life is very acceptable - a couple of times I've forgotten to turn them off too, and many hours later they've still had battery, so they must be going into some kind of low power mode which is definitely a good thing. Charging is by standard micro usb.

The hook over the ears is a definite must if you're using them for running as it does stop them moving around as much.

Overall I recommend, I think they're one of the smallest pairs of bluetooth headphones I've tried yet, they actually seem not much bigger than normal earphones so the technology is rather mind boggling!

DBPOWER 640*480 Native Resolution HD LED Mini Projector Portable with 4:3/16:9 Aspect Ratio, Contrast 500:1 support USB/SD Card, VGA/HDMI/ AV interface
Offered by Bravo Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Much brighter than expected and sharp picture quality!, 27 Aug. 2015
Length:: 2:16 Mins

I bought (for someone else) an LED pocket projector a few years ago and back then, I remember being super disappointed about how dim the image was, so with this one I wasn't expecting much, but I was very wrong indeed. The image is incredibly bright for what is a very low budget projector. As you can see in the video it's usable in situations other than total darkness, but what you don't see in the video is how great it looks in complete darkness - it's as good as an LED TV. Considering the specs say 80 lumen, I felt it looked a lot brighter overall than an 80lm light bulb would be in the same situation.

On to picture quality - officially it's 640x480 which is "sort of" 480p which sounds very low, doesn't it? However it will happily feed from a higher resolution source like a tablet, it's just a confusing situation where the "native resolution" is smaller than the maximum input resolution. Basic answer: don't worry. If you're watching a film or tv on it, the resolution is fine. More than fine. Same for youtube, etc.
Worth mentioning that the colours are incredibly vivid if you watch it in full darkness. I tried briefly playing games on it, and it looked awesome because of the bright colours.
Also worth noting that the picture is warped because I'm projecting it onto a cloth, I'd normally use a blank white wall but only a white cloth was available at time of recording.

Build quality: Excellent. The unit is small, light, it's about the size of a fiction hardback I suppose. Not pocket size but not much of a burden to take on holiday with you (which is a great use for it!). The power supply provided seems well built on the face of it, and the cables provided for AV input seem good too.

Other notes: The input options are very diverse: HDMI is probably the one you'll use most, but AV is there too, along with USB (for movies on a USB stick) and an SD card slot (same). There is also VGA for a laptop and some coaxial "ATV" slot which I don't think is something really used in the UK, something analog by the looks of it.
It comes with a remote control although can be operated from the unit itself too - so the remote doesn't seem necessary unless you are a distance away from the unit.
There's a keystone setting on the back (corrects the trapezoid shape screen if it's tilted up) but no adjustable legs - so you need to prop it up on something usually, a book will work fine.
The unit has a speaker which is very loud, ample for watching a movie. If you don't like it, there's headphone output.

In summary I was incredibly impressed by this unit. I found it to be brighter and clearer than I expected and simple to set up and use. I would genuinely recommend this one with two thumbs up! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

- This unit was provided to me at no cost in exchange for my evaluation and review, I have no direct association with "DBPOWER" or any other manufacturer.

Pimm's The Original Number 1 Cup 70 cl
Pimm's The Original Number 1 Cup 70 cl
Offered by a2zdrinks Express Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough!, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My review sample of Pimms didn't actually turn up, it seems it's lost in the mail, however on this occasion since I've tried Pimm's #1 before, I can still write the review.
How would you describe the flavour? Well I don't like gin, I find it repulsive. I also don't like quinine, I find that incredibly bitter. Yet apparently both these ingredients are in this drink (or so says wikipedia). But you can't taste them. So if like me you don't like gin or gin/tonic then don't be put off. You can't really tell. In terms of what it *actually* tastes like, well, when mixed with lemonade it has a sort of slightly bitter but palatable taste (unlike tonic water!) and an almost musty fruit taste possibly a bit orangey but quite earthy. If you've ever had any other "bitters" (a thing you can buy in a bottle called "bitters", a mix of mystery herbs!) then it's pretty much the same.
You're supposed to mix it with about 12 different fruits, but...no, I not can be bothered. Perhaps if I was a bit more posh and had "those" kinds of parties, I might. As it is, I'm probably more inclined to buy a cocktail based on pimms at a pub. But, it's nice enough with just lemonade so I'd still buy it to drink at home. I've noticed someone else suggests ginger beer...I bet that would be nice too, most things with ginger beer are!

Pyrus Sports Action Video Camera Wifi Full HD 1080P Helmet Cam Motorcycle Bike Waterproof with 130 Degree Wide Angle Lens Camcorder(Blue)
Offered by PYRUS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light camera with excellent video quality, 26 Aug. 2015
Length:: 1:29 Mins

I tested this camera over the course of several days and here are some of the video clips.

I liked:
size/weight. Having no screen means its really light and usable. On a helmet it's very workable.
It fits straight into my bike light mount (torch shaped) so zero installation for me!
Image quality is good and sharp. Even in low light it performs well
works while plugged in so you can power it externally
easy to use, turn on, wait around 30 sec for boot, press blue button.
wifi so you can check video while on the road - this works well on android.

I didn't like:
lack of user feedback due to no screen. Models with a screen are easier to control. You have to judge which suits you better!
no image stabilisation, although this can be done in software (eg windows movie editor)
unit turns on when you plug it in to charge, so remember to turn it straight off again!
sound is not great

Overall, great unit for the price but be sure it fits your requirements - i.e. can you manage without a screen, do you need better quality sound recording? If not, go for it
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 8:41 PM BST

Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - Pack of 18 (18 x 56 Packs, Total 1008 Wipes)
Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - Pack of 18 (18 x 56 Packs, Total 1008 Wipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Moist effective baby wipes., 23 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great very moist baby wipes that are not perfumed which is great for more sensitive skin and noses. These wipes do seem a lot moister compared to another main branded baby wipes and the texture of the wipes feel more like moist tissue wipes which sometimes have a tendency to rip when pulling them out of the packet rather than the more cloth like feel of other leading brands. They are pretty easy to open but when getting the wipes out, several of them seem to follow the first sheet out unless you use both your hands, which can be a bit annoying when you are changing a nappy or trying to wipe the mess off a very squirmy toddler as you often have to open the packet and pull out a wipe with one hand.

VicTsing Black 3.5mm LCD Car Kit FM Radio Transmitter Modulator with USB/SD/MMC USB SD Card Slot For MP3/MP4 Player, SmartPhone, iPhone, Tablets & Audio Devices With 3.5mm Audio Jack
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product works exactly as it should, 18 Aug. 2015
To explain this product as briefly as possible: it plugs into your car power socket, and takes either a USB stick, an SD card or a headphone jack of a phone and turns it into a radio signal that your car radio can pick up - without any modification - and play on your car system. This is not a new invention, but to have all three options in one package is pretty good.

In terms of how it works, it defaults to 88mhz which is sorta radio 2 in the UK so you'll want to change it to another frequency. It also defaults to "line in" which is a 3.5mm jack from your phone. It helps to plug your phone or mp3 in and turn on some music before you start tuning as your radio might not "lock" onto blank noise.

It's also somewhat quieter than mainstream radio so be sure to turn off any TA traffic announcement settings so you dont randomly get blasted with 120dB of some DJ reporting an accident on the M25 in the middle of your music.

The skip/play/pause buttons only work while playing off a memory card/stick obviously, they can't control your phone. There is however an on/off button on the side which is useful for quickly turning off the music if you need to for some reason (like shouting "DO I NEED TO PULL OVER" to the kids on the back seat). You will need your SD card to be the right format no doubt, so if any problems just reformat it to...I'd guess FAT32.

You get a spare fuse although that seems a bit random since it's unlikely you'll ever need it, but a nice thought.

Other than that there's not much to say. Works exactly like it should and simple to use especially on the 3.5mm jack as no setup needed at all here other than changing the channel (optional)

[3200 DPI] VicTsing Zelotes 3200 DPI 7 Button LED Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for Pro Gamer
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of mouse for your money!, 18 Aug. 2015
I always use a gaming mouse of some sort because I find a larger mouse helps a lot with wrist strain and the buttons are usually easier to press.
My desktop mouse is a cyborg RAT 9 which as you're probably aware is a fairly sizeable, I've had it a few years and I like it a lot. So I was excited to try this one which looks almost the same.

I especially like the colours - they change when you press the DPI button, from "crazy slow mouse" to "insanely fast impossible to use on the desktop mouse". Obviously in games you want it on the quicker side - but its great not to have to fish through settings to change this. Also worth noting that the RAT only has 3 settings for DPI whereas this has 4.

Back to the colours - once the mouse is not in DPI mode it cycles nicely through all the colours you see in the photo - I also like how the wheel lights up too! I'm a real fan of stuff that lights up, I have light up keyboards, lights in my PC case, I mean, why not?

Using the mouse you'd think it cost a bit more than it actually does. It is light, very light, but has a very nice feel to it. The wheel works well. The side buttons are a bit "squishy" but work fine. The left and right mouse click buttons feel exactly like the RAT! I also like the extra button which does a "double click".

So overall - well if your budget is low and you want a bigger mouse, then this is ideal, very nice indeed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

PYRUS Wireless Headphones NFC-Enabled Portable Stereo in-ear Lightweight Noise Cancellation Sports Headphones
Offered by PYRUS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light earphones with attention to detail, 18 Aug. 2015
Length:: 0:44 Mins

The earphones are well presented in a nice white box as you can see in the video.
Once out of the box, pairing is a simple matter of either using NFC if you have it, or holding down the power button until the audio prompt says "pairing" and then searching on your phone bluetooth settings. Once paired, it will reconnect automatically and it does this reliably.
Sound quality is surprisingly good with a decent sound reproduction - I am more than happy with the audio quality of these earphones for everyday use.

I also like the positioning of the buttons, with the power button on one corner which makes it easy to find while in your ear.

The earphones have a springy wire type arrangement between the ears so it sits round the back of your head fairly well, although you need to make sure they are the right way up with the loop over your ears and not under it.

I had no issues with battery life and signal range during my tests. Most in-ear type bluetooth earphones I've used in the past struggle to get a signal through your body in some cases - this is fairly normal, just switch pockets for your phone and it should fix it. Open air range is several meters easily.
They also paired and worked fine with my android wear watch.

Charging is simple - standard micro usb cable, no special requirements, and happy enough to charge from any usb cable or portable charger.

Overall I'm satisfied and could easily recommend these earphones.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2015 11:02 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20