Profile for Alma J > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Boswell Sisters - Shout, Sister, Shout! : Their 52 Finest 1931-1936
The Boswell Sisters - Shout, Sister, Shout! : Their 52 Finest 1931-1936

5.0 out of 5 stars regarding how good they were, 7 Feb. 2015
I can't speak highly enough of this CD. I discovered it by accident, having heard one of the Boswell Sisters' recordings at the end of a TV series recently. At that point, I searched for them on Amazon. Until then, I only had the word of my late mother, many years ago, regarding how good they were. For anyone who loves the 1930s era of jazz and rhythm, this is a must. What talented ladies they were, and to say that each of these recordings is brilliant is an understatement.

Of Gods and Mortals Mythological Wargame Rules (Osprey Wargames)
Of Gods and Mortals Mythological Wargame Rules (Osprey Wargames)
by Andrea Sfiligoi

4.0 out of 5 stars I understand from the person for whom it was purchased that they were very pleased with it, 7 Feb. 2015
This book was bought as a Christmas gift, and so I do not have a personal comment. However, I understand from the person for whom it was purchased that they were very pleased with it.

The Zygon Who Fell to Earth (Doctor Who: The New Eighth Doctor Adventures) (Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor Adventures)
by Paul Magrs
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars know that they loved it., 6 Jan. 2015
Bought as a Christmas present for a relative. I do, however, know that they loved it.

Sisters of the Flame (Doctor Who: The New Eighth Doctor Adventures) (Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor Adventures)
by Nicholas Briggs
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars know that they loved it., 6 Jan. 2015

Annabelle
Annabelle

5.0 out of 5 stars ... aren't many songs by Gillian Welch that I don't like, to be honest, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Annabelle (MP3 Download)
There aren't many songs by Gillian Welch that I don't like, to be honest. She has such a simple, direct way of performing, which is very appealing.

You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby
You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby

3.0 out of 5 stars This isn't my favourite version of the song, 6 Jan. 2015
This isn't my favourite version of the song. Obviously taken from a live performance, it doesn't appeal to me as much as the version which appears on "The Best of Bobby Darin", but still good - as he was.

You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
I love this version of the song. A long-time favourite.

Rollin' On
Rollin' On

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Rollin' On (MP3 Download)
A very catchy tune - easy to remember and sing along to.

Make it Work
Make it Work

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed listening to this track, 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Make it Work (MP3 Download)
I think A. J. Croce is a more interesting performer than his father, but that is just my opinion. I enjoyed listening to this track.

I'm Getting Sentimental over You
I'm Getting Sentimental over You

5.0 out of 5 stars she was better known latterly for her role as Betty the Barmaid ..., 21 Dec. 2014
Although a big name in her day, she was better known latterly for her role as Betty the Barmaid in ITV's Coronation Street. A lovely singer, she performs this track in what I think is a really clever interpretation of this familiar song.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7