Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate G3 32GB USB 3.0 Read 150MB/s, Write 70MB/s (DTU30G3/32GB)
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast but bulky, 13 Mar 2014
This is a fast drive and seems better made mechanically than many, but be aware that it is fat enough to be a problem if you have USB sockets that don't have quite a lot of space around them...

NIX 12 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 4GB Memory - X12C
NIX 12 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 4GB Memory - X12C
Offered by CT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "Hi-Res", 13 Mar 2014
Mea culpa... I wasn't paying attention to the small print and fell for the wording - this is described as Hi-Res when it is a bog-standard 800 by 600 pixels, and it's a long time since that has been a fair definition of high resolution. I admit to being disappointed at both the resolution and my dozy inattention to detail, but luckily I'm not under review here.

In fairness, if you look at it from more than a metre or so away as you will most of the time this resolution is fine, it's just a shame when a picture grabs someone's attention and they look closer the resolution lets it down.

The viewing angle is good enough but not exceptional, it seems bright enough for indoor use and the colour rendition is fair. The motion sensor works well, and that is probably the saving grace of this product... would I buy another? Probably not. Not at this price, anyway. (£100)

Qpad MK-80 Pro Gaming Backlit Mechanical Keyboard - UK Layout
Qpad MK-80 Pro Gaming Backlit Mechanical Keyboard - UK Layout
Offered by The Tech Lodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely feel..., 17 Oct 2013
I dithered for a while before buying this, could improving the feel of a keyboard alone really justify the cost?

Yes, yes it can... After using it all afternoon I'm left feeling like a bit of an idiot for not buying something with the Cherry MX Blue keys in it years ago.

[edit] And a couple of months later I still love it... the other people in the office aren't so happy, mind you, because it has to be admitted that it's noisier than a normal keyboard. But I can live with their grumbling, it just makes me type more assertively. Muhaha! Muhahaha!!

iBoutique Retractable IB64GUSB2 64GB USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive - Jet Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Electrically sound, but physically weak., 3 Dec 2012
I was concerned when I ordered this that the holding ring looked weak, and after a day on my key-ring it has indeed broken and fallen off... Luckily I didn't lose the thing because it broke off in my pocket. It's a pity because other than that it's fine.

I suppose I should really return it as not fit for purpose, but it takes a fair while to replace and even to setup the amount of data I have on it, so I guess I'll just find some way to improvise a sturdier attachment.

Careless Talk (The Ciriath Cycle Book 1)
Careless Talk (The Ciriath Cycle Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 Oct 2011
It is not very often that anyone has anything new or interesting to say about life and death, immortality, the conflict between good and evil or even babylonian wall-hangings, so when they all come along in one novel it is a rare treat indeed.

I like this author, he has a neat, clean writing style combined with the skill to create interesting characters and situations, and just the right amount of subtle humour. Highly recommended.

Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Baraka: Remastered [Blu-ray] [1992]
Dvd ~ Ron Fricke

5.0 out of 5 stars Near perfection, 24 Dec 2008
Baraka: Remastered (Blu Ray) [Blu-ray] [1992]

If you know the film but are debating if the BluRay version is worth getting, then stop worrying and just buy it - I'd be amazed if anyone was disappointed; the video quality is stunning...

If you don't know the film then I highly recommend it, especially in this format.