Profile for Ms Edith M. Rowell > Reviews

Content by Ms Edith M. Rowell

Ms Edith M. Rowell "Dee" (England, UK)

Very Easy Sweaters: 50 Simple, Stylish Designs (Vogue Knitting)
Very Easy Sweaters: 50 Simple, Stylish Designs (Vogue Knitting)
by Vogue Knitting
Price: 14.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to rate, 1 Oct 2013
There are some lovely patterns in here, but also some I'm not so keen on. Whether you like the book will depend on your tastes really.

Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
Offered by Ironmongery Online
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too dry, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gardman Peat Free Compost 60ltr
I found it dries out too quickly. Maybe it's just the way I mixed it in the first place, but I doubt I'll bother trying it again

Bosch MSM6300GB Hand Blender and Accessories
Bosch MSM6300GB Hand Blender and Accessories
Offered by SKYWISH
Price: 38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making hummus, 1 Oct 2013
I love home made hummus but my automatic blender was a pain to use for mashing up the chickpeas, so I wonder if a hand blender would be better.
I bought this product and it is great for the job.

The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy
The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Twee and Unoriginal, 18 July 2013
Well fortunately this book was only 49p, because there really was nothing inspiring in it at all.
I guess it might be useful for those who want a quick 'go to', 'cliff notes' type of 'self help'

Performer 70911822 Ladies Black Leather Strap Watch
Performer 70911822 Ladies Black Leather Strap Watch
Price: 31.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Pity it only worked for a few days., 11 July 2013
This watch stopped working within days of receiving it. I assume it had a dud battery.
Even though they are still available to buy, the only option I was given was for a refund. I am assuming this is because I bought it when it was on sale and no longer available at the same price.
Very disappointing because otherwise it was a very nice watch. However I will not buy another one on principle, because having bought it on sale I should not then have to buy another one at a higher price.

Knitting Block by Block: 150 Blocks for Sweaters, Scarves, Bags, Toys, Afghans, and More
Price: 9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Jun 2013
What an amazing way to learn new techniques just using small amounts of wool. These squares can then by joined together to make on large project, or incorporated into other projects.

Salad And Vegetable Garden Planter With Willow Surround
Salad And Vegetable Garden Planter With Willow Surround

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small or large gardens, 3 Jun 2013
This is a very attractive way to grow your vegetables (or anything else you choose) as a raised bed. Most useful if you have difficulty bending right down to the ground for gardening. I'm also hoping that the ridged sides will help deter snails, which are somewhat prolific in my garden.

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good mic, 3 Jun 2013
I didn't actually want a mic on my webcam, but couldn't seem to find one without. I always use the mic on my headset. However, recently my headset failed to charge and so I used the mic on this headset. I was very surprised at the quality.

Price: 44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech H600 Wireless Headset for PC and Mac, 9 Mar 2012
Logitech H600 Wireless Headset for PC and Mac

Comfortable and light to wear and a perfect for my little head. However if you don't have a small head, they do expand.
Signal to noise ratio is good.
They are compatible with Linux users too.
Unfortunately I am currently have an issue as they refuse to charge, rendering them useless. Hopefully Logitech will resolve this issue as they are under 2 years old.
Very pleased to announce a replacement was given.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 11:27 AM BST