Profile for Michelle Twemlow > Reviews

Content by Michelle Twemlow

Michelle Twemlow "Shelstar" (Sussex, England)

FADFAY Home Textile,Elegant Leaves Print Bed Covers,Designer European Rustic Shabby Quilt Cover,Modern Cotton Bed Sheet Set,4Pcs
Offered by DIAIDI

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Feb. 2015
This is truly lovely - it washes really well and is so comfortable. The picture does not do this product justice.

She Stood Alone
She Stood Alone
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Educational, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: She Stood Alone (VHS Tape)
I originally came across this film because it contained one of my favourite actors ( Ben Cross) . However I think this film is definitely worth a watch as it is also very educational. It shows prejudice and ignorance in its worst forms ( racial, sexist, religious) whilst showing the courage and bravery of one woman to stand up against it and how she helped the lives of those around her at a time when circumstances and peoples attitudes were very different from today. Mare Winningham is superb and I think she shows brilliantly Prudence Crandell, a woman with whom we can all learn from even today.

I will make sure my children are made to watch this when I think they are of a suitable age so they can truly appreciate how far society has come ( and still has to come ) from the time in which it is set.

I found this well worth watching. I hope you do too.

Please release this on DVD !!!!

The Concise Pepys (Classics of World Literature)
The Concise Pepys (Classics of World Literature)
by Samuel Pepys

5.0 out of 5 stars Pepys, 11 Jan. 2013
I wanted an easy to read version of this all time classic and it gave me just that without taking away the detail of the times. It gives a fascinating insight to the period and bringing it to life.
The seller sent it virtually straight away, so all in all it was an excellent purchase.

2013 British Scenes Slim Wall Calendar
2013 British Scenes Slim Wall Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Calendar, 11 Jan. 2013
I liked the simplicity of this calendar, there were gorgeous pictures and gaps for my appointments - and no cute animals like most calendars I had previously come across. Just right for what I needed.

Time (1986, by Dave Clark) [VINYL] 2LP's plus book (hologram cover)
Time (1986, by Dave Clark) [VINYL] 2LP's plus book (hologram cover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Time - Take time to listen to it!, 8 Sept. 2006
The album is of the 1986 hit musical "Time" originally starring Cliff Richard. Unlike many albums of musicals I feel that this can be listened to on its own merit and I think holds together very well. The songs and speechs are quite thought provoking and it is a shame in many respects that this was never released further as a CD or film. Lots of famous artists sang on this-Freddie Mercury, Dionne Warwick, Murray Head, Julian Lennon amongst others. The one constant with those of us privelidged to have seen the show was Akash and that unforgettable voice of Laurence Olivier.

Well worth a listen.

Enchanted April [VHS] [1991]
Enchanted April [VHS] [1991]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 5 Jun. 2006
This adaptation is truly a delight to watch whilst at the same time quite uplifting. Anyone watching who feels that the rain in winter gets to them at times can postively feel the warmth of the italian sun radiating from Josie Lawrence's window the first morning she arrives in Italy.

A true classic that is watchable again and again.