Profile for mrs gemma davies > Reviews

Content by mrs gemma davies

mrs gemma davies

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Informed Consent: A Novel
Informed Consent: A Novel
Price: 6.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Medical Thriller..., 26 Nov 2012
This book is an extremely well written Medical Thriller. The medical jargon used was easy to understand & the story flowed well. It centers around a multi-raced American family, their imeadiate family & friends, & the fact/fiction of the American medical system. ( I say this purely as a reader from the U.K.) Each character had their part to play in the story & the book raises a whole variety of moral/ethical questions along the way. The story ends in a satisfying if some what thought provoking way. As a teenager I used to love Quincy M.E. & Dr. Crammer reminded me of him in so many ways. Reading this book was as good as if not better than a fix of my favourite M.E. When life & its circumstances push us to our absolute limit regardless of the consequences involved, I wonder how we would react? If you chose to read this book you will be taken on one such journey with the Cramer family at the helm...

A Gift of Ghosts (Tassamara)
A Gift of Ghosts (Tassamara)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing Change..., 5 Nov 2012
I particularly liked the mix of science with the paranormal & enjoyed the writing style of this author. The story flowed brilliantly from page to page. This book for me is in a class of it's own, refreshing unique, & quite different from most paranormal stories out there. There is not much more I can add as previous reviewers have said it all... except that I very much look forward to reading books 2 & 3. An excellent book choice for those wanting something a little bit different, vampires & the like were not needed to produce a great story...

Mustard on Top
Mustard on Top

4.0 out of 5 stars De Foodle Hot-Dogs Anyone?..., 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mustard on Top (Kindle Edition)
An easy to read story with a cast of very likeable & quirky characters. My favourites being Agatha, the over sixty something well to do neighbour, her mixed up son Jeremey & gangland partner Moe. At times through the story, I stopped reading & thought... "as if!"... but the story really works. I would have liked to have given five stars but there were a few typo's & I do mean very few. All in all" Mustard on Top" is a very enjoyable read & if I was able to buy De Foodle Hot-Dogs, I would buy them in pairs at least twice a week ;-D. Would certainly read more by this author.

The Case Files of Thomas Carney
The Case Files of Thomas Carney
Price: 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it..., 29 Sep 2012
Right from the get go the writer grabbed my attention. This is a great supernatural mystery. It's imaginative, quirky & totally readable. Really hope there is more in the pipe line...can't wait for the next one...am keeping everything crossed that there will be.

True Ghost Stories and Hauntings: A Real Life True Ghost Book About Death and Dying, Grief and Bereavement, Soulmates and Heaven, Near Death Experiences, ... Paranormal Mysteries (True Paranormal 1)
Price: 2.68

3.0 out of 5 stars True life experiences..., 28 Sep 2012
A short collection (read in 1 hour) of true life experiences sent in by the public of events that remain as yet unexplained. Some were a little too short though. Having an open mind myself & having experienced many unexplained things along the way, I didn't find these stories at all frightening, that is not to say that these experiences were not very real to the people they happened to. I would liked to have read more as I find the subject interesting & open to debate. I finished the book a little disappointed, wanting more but this is only my opinion...Why not see for yourselves.

Going Astray
Going Astray
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Raises Questions..., 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Going Astray (Kindle Edition)
Having very little knowledge of Religious Communities/ Cults & not normally something I would chose to read I decided to give this book a go. I found myself surprisingly caring about the characters & wanting to know what happened next. The children living separately from their parents & being subconsiously indoctrinated I found particularly disturbing. Also I found the second rescue attempt of the son & his father a little far fetched but overall the book is well written & an enjoyable read.

Crystal Clean: A mother's struggle with meth addiction and recovery
Crystal Clean: A mother's struggle with meth addiction and recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Addiction verses Reality..., 25 Sep 2012
This must have been a difficult book to write for Kim given the subject matter of her addiction to Meth. She strips herself bare & writes with an openess, a clarity & a loving tenderness as only a mother can of her daily, then yearly struggle with drugs. Kim writes from her teenage years right through to the present day - Nothing is left out. It is a story of strength of courage & the sheer determination to be free of drugs. I was drawn to this book simply by it's title the cover & subject matter & through Kim's writing have learnt a lot. I hope this book will touch lives & help countless others whatever their addiction, to maybe take that first step towards self recovery. A truly inspirational read & thank you for making it availble to read in the U.K.

Crystal Therapy Cards
Crystal Therapy Cards
by Nikki Thompson-Guest
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reference & Guide...., 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: Crystal Therapy Cards (Cards)
For anyone interested in crystals & their uses. The book is written with a great knowledge & understanding of a variety of crystals, not only of their uses for healing, but also their genetic structure, hardness e.t.c. of which I found personally interesting. It is also great for reference, to be able to look back on the crystal names, strengths / meanings. All in all I found this book to be an easy to read, helpful & informative guide & would highly recommend it's reading.

My Name is Martha Brown
My Name is Martha Brown
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Part Fact / Part Fiction..., 18 Sep 2012
With research & imagination the author gives us Martha Brown & what could have been her life. Martha is portrayed very well & the other characters were interesting & believable. I particularly found Eliza ( the step-daughter ) interesting & would liked to have seen her character develop more. There were a few missed out words but these were overlooked as the story was strong enough to hold my interest. Although I knew the ending of the book would not be a happy one, I found it to be spiritually uplifting. It is also a well written & interesting book & the story of Martha has stayed with me. A good read & worth downloading, even if you're just a little bit curious.

The Surrogate
The Surrogate

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change..., 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Surrogate (Kindle Edition)
Written from the male point of view. Great characters & story line, written with humour & emotion. Marie's dialect was for me easy to understand, her character was feisty & endearing. At one point in the story, I felt the very real emotion of sadness only to be uplifted again as the story continued. I really enjoyed this book would certainly read more by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4