Profile for R london > Reviews

Content by R london

R london "R London" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Denman D7 Hairbrush/Mirror Compact
Denman D7 Hairbrush/Mirror Compact

1.0 out of 5 stars Got a duff one and amazon charges postage cost for return, 21 Sep 2014
I had one of these for years, and when I lost it I ordered two more. One of the new ones falls apart when opening and closing - obviously unlucky to get a poor quality one. The other seems ok. Disappointed that the automated returns process tells me that Amazon will be charging postage to return the faulty one. Shame.

London Belongs to Me (Penguin Modern Classics)
London Belongs to Me (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Norman Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars As the book unfolds......, 6 Sep 2014
As you start to read this, and as the characters are introduced, it looks as if we're embarking on an enjoyable but rather twee look into 1930s London life. However.... as the book unfolded I was surprised at the gritty and sometimes grim happenings, both war and life-related. Highly recommended. (especially enjoyable for Londoners, probably)

Manchester United Infants Lined Woven Shorts Black
Manchester United Infants Lined Woven Shorts Black
Offered by FootballShopOnline

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (more sensible than white ones for little boys), 7 April 2014
Great! The boy himself says: "I love them. They are comfy; they've got pockets and I wear them to a football club." Enough said.

Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-cream Float Before He Stole My Ma
Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-cream Float Before He Stole My Ma
by Kerry Hudson

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is like a drug: You'll find yourself sneaking off to get a fix, 7 April 2014
I inhaled this book. Hooked from start to finish. It's written at such a great pace, encouraging deep feelings for Janie from the first few pages - you just have to keep sneaking a few pages to find out if she and her Ma are going to be OK in whatever the latest touching or horrific episode of their too-true lives. If you have ever been a child, or a parent, or just a human being, read this book. Now.

Newsjacking: The Urgent Genius of Real-Time Advertising
Newsjacking: The Urgent Genius of Real-Time Advertising
by Grant Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and beautiful book, 5 July 2013
It's a reference book, a text book, and a very lovely coffee table book rolled into one. And it's a bloomin' good read.
Whether you work in advertising/pr/marketing, you're studying advertising/pr/marketing, you're interested in the power of social media, or you just have a twitter account - read this book.

Crayola Glow Explosion Markers and Paper
Crayola Glow Explosion Markers and Paper

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe we got a duff one?, 22 April 2013
Incredibly hard to get ink out of the pens and pretty sure nothing came out of the big 'magic' one at all. A very disappointed child and a very frustrated mummy.

Moda In Pelle Women's Chenders Boots
Moda In Pelle Women's Chenders Boots
Price: £55.37 - £89.95

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth £80!!, 29 Dec 2012
The box was bashed up and the boots had glue and marks on them. Other than that, they come up very small. I'm a 5 and a half. I ordered a 6 and could barely get my foot in. The leather does feel soft and would be comfy if fitted properly.

For the shabbiness - Really not worth 80 quid. Shame as I really wanted to like these.

Tiny Love Classic Mobile
Tiny Love Classic Mobile
Offered by Prut

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect - Read this along with the critical reviews, 27 Aug 2012
When we first got this I wanted to return it immediately. In my opinion at the time it was clunky, whirry, and the buttons and functionality just weren't the same as the beloved fisher price one we had previously for our first child. We stuck with it as we needed a mobile to get our newborn in the cot, and we'd ordered this one, and quite frankly I was too frazzled to do anything else about it.
A year later, I am urged to write this review. (been meaning to do it for some time, just because I was so wrong with my opinions at first!)
Other reviewers talk about stopping the clunking with blutack. No - don't do that. The design is ingenious. The soft bash of plastic sliding down a slope is nothing compared to a grown-up shutting a door or drawer, or trying to tip-toe across the room. The sounds of this mobile acclimatise the baby to other noises while they sleep, so they don't wake with a start the moment you come into the room.
And our baby worked out the buttons for the music box ok.
It doesn't have a parents' remote, but I think we used that a maximum of three times with our first child's fisher price, so really that's no loss.
Our 1 year old symbolises the 'sleepy' tune on this mobile with sleep, and did from about 2 months. It works - every time.
When she wakes up in the morning she puts on the other tunes and plays happily in her cot until I can drag myself out of bed.
You may want to buy the fisher price alternative. But if you choose this, stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

The Potty Book for Boys (Potty Book for Her and Him)
The Potty Book for Boys (Potty Book for Her and Him)
by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

2.0 out of 5 stars diapers, not nappies!, 13 Mar 2010
The Amazon description clearly talks about nappies, however this book talks about diapers, pee, poop, mom and dad. I got this to help to communicate the business of potty training but will have to change the words when we read it - which isn't great for learning to read! Hmmph.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2013 11:03 AM BST

Wooden Mini Cat Puzzle from Orange Tree Toys
Wooden Mini Cat Puzzle from Orange Tree Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars quite hard for grown-ups, 6 Aug 2009
Very attractive and well made, and my toddler loves it and others like it.... but actually quite hard to do! It doesn't slot together naturally. Bargain though.

Page: 1 | 2