Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Doctor Who: Who-ology (Dr Who)
Doctor Who: Who-ology (Dr Who)
by Cavan Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly researched, 29 July 2013
This book has one blatant mistake as it states "Ian Chesterton was a history teacher......Barbara was a science teacher" BOTH wrong as the opposite IS true Ian was a science teacher and Barbara taught History.

The authors of this book also got the British currency wrong in the Big Finish Drama 'Countermeasures Series 2' where apparently the British currency is dollars not pounds.

I only hope that said authors are not Who fans and not from Britain for if they are these mistakes are embarrassing.

Other than that a good book which covers the full history of the programme from William Hartnel right up to Matt Smith.

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Google Nexus 4 - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protector on the market, 7 Feb 2013
Having used MediaDevil in the past, and because of their extremely good customer service after issues with the GS2 Screen protector, I purchased this without any doubt it would work.

Just follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any problems at all. There's even a video tutorial should you need it.

It seamlessly applies to the Nexus 4 without any trouble at all and without any unsightly air bubbles. Yes the protector does not fit the entire screen but this in fact no fault of MediaDevil, or the phone itself, it's the way the screen curves at the edge.

Anyone thinking of purchasing this, please do so without any concerns. If you do have problems Callum and his team are there to to help as they have helped me in the past and now have a customer for life.

Act of Murder
Act of Murder
by Alan J. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Learned about my home town than I knew, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Act of Murder (Paperback)
I received this book as a Christmas present and it was a thoroughly good read and well researched. I think my friend thought it would be interesting from me as I was born and bred in Wigan, and she was right.

I never knew about the Royal Court Theatre (which still stands but not as a theatre) in King Street, but apparently the interior is mostly intact but has been sealed off from the world as a cafe now takes the front of house so to speak. Also never knew about Wigan Central Station, so we actually had three stations at one time - remarkable for a town so small.

As you can tell the author has done his research brilliantly well and I hope we will be able to read more about Slevin's adventures as he is a great character. Like other reviewers I could not tell who had done it and the novel does have a dark subject matter, but this should not put anyone off reading it.

A Fairytale Of New York
A Fairytale Of New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cover, 5 Dec 2012
This is an amazing cover and I dare anyone not to be touched by it. Had the opportunity to see Ben Caplan whilst he was supporting Katzenjammer on their UK tour. Hadn't heard of him before but he is very good.

I was hoping Katzenjammer would release a Christmas record and they have! If only they could break into the UK music charts!

Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV
Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Player with Google TV
Offered by DavinaJayne

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor support for now, 4 Dec 2012
Recently purchased this unit and was very pleased with it, that is up until BBC decided to block access to Google TV since 25 November as now greeted with "Sorry, we do not support your device" now.

Cannot view Demand 5 programmes either, trailers yes but actual programmes, no.

This really is a great product but until more broadcasters get behind it and support it there really is no point to it.

Sending this back while I can.

Shame really as I wanted this to work.

Anker® 2 x 1900mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S2 II, 9100, 9100G, with Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!! POWER SURGE CAN TAKE OUT YOUR PHONE, 2 Aug 2012
Just got back my phone from Samsung who have said that a power surge from my battery took out my phone and deleted the Operating System. I didn't tell them that at the time I had an alternative battery in the phone, and it was this battery and not the original which was to blame.

My advice - buy the ORIGINAL Samsung.. maybe more expensive but you'll be protecting your phone!

This is on it's way back to the seller - AVOID!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2012 8:09 AM BST

Writing On the Wall
Writing On the Wall

1.0 out of 5 stars The Writing was on the wall, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Writing On the Wall (Audio CD)
I remember buying receiving this album one Christmas from my sister, then I purchased the cassette version as it had extended versions on side b, and later purchased the CD version (Polydor not the re-released version) which is now selling for over £45 on ebay!

Why as it was a lax luster effort at best, as it had so much promise and failed on many levels. I Hear Talk is still regarded as their best album. With songs such as Love The One You're With which should never been a single, Don't Turn Back it really was a mixed bag.

As to why this album has been remastered and the original track listing re-jigged with some songs omitted for this 'ultimate' version god only knows. The original album wasn't well produced with the volume being very low, as is this one too. Could be a problem with the masters but with todays technology you would have thought those behind this production could have done better.

This should now be the last album from Murphy/Nevill as they should have exhausted the Fizz back catalogue and they should make way for OBF (featuring original members Cheryl Baker, Mike Nolan, Jay Aston) who have released their new album Fame and Fortune via their website before it goes on general release.

So save your money and don't buy this but buy that!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2012 5:56 PM BST

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 6 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 6 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of Blu Ray NOT the series, 18 Jan 2012
I'm surprised that no-one has actually done a review on the actually quality of the picture on certain copies of this release on Blue Ray which is shocking!
The picture is very grainy and in certain episodes the top half is dark and the bottom half of the picture is light.
After investigating these issues it appears that there is a faulty batch out there in the wilderness and the BBC are aware and will replace the faulty discs once they have remastered them. If you, like me, have a faulty set then contact dvdsupport@bbc.com and once they have a new set they will contact you and let you know how you get your replacement.
I have the limited edition set so not sure what the BBC will do in this instance, probably just change the discs for the standard one as the discs are the same just the packaging which is different.
So now it's a waiting game. I could just refund them to Amazon but then it's pot luck to avoid getting another faulty set.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2012 11:14 PM BST

Wicked [Original Broadway Cast Recording]
Wicked [Original Broadway Cast Recording]

5.0 out of 5 stars Seen twice purchased four times!!, 7 Nov 2011
I have now seen Wicked twice in London's west End with Louise Dearman and Rachel Tucker in the lead roles and what a fantastic show it is!

Stephen Schwartz is a very talented man who also wrote Godspell and wrote the lyrics for Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame as well as Hercules) and should be aplauded. I just wsih they would record a London Cast Recording as they did with Beauty and the Beast and many others as it would sell! The music and the cast on the CD though are, more or less, just as good as the current London cast (OK I am biased London is better as the vocals seem to be stronger) - that said the magic of Wicked has been captured here!

I bought a download for myself, bought a copy for my Mother, bought a copy for my sister who recently saw it for Christmas and I've treated myself to the Anniversary edition.

If you haven't seen the musical then do and then buy this CD to help you remember the moment, You won't regret it!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi, 32GB, White) - UK Version
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi, 32GB, White) - UK Version
Offered by CSC Distribution

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor device. Needs to be tested thoroughly., 31 Aug 2011
At first I thought the Galaxy Tab 10.1 was amazing and brilliant. Very fast browsing experience, official Android Market, all the apps worked. Brilliant - that was until things started to go wrong.....

I have had three Samsung Tab 10.1's all have been with the same faults:

1) An 'oil slick' appears under the screen. This happens when the front and back screens touch one another thereby causing Newton's Rings, (an unsightly blemish) which appears when the device becomes warm. It may fade (didn't on device one and three)and one of the solutions to this is place the unit in a fridge (this I didn't do nor recommend.) By searching Google you'll see a number of topics on this subject.

2) After an overnight charge the device fails to switch on. Again another solution, after searching Google is to either press and hold down the volume control and power button at the same time forcing the device back to life or pressing the power button while stroking the screen (some people say it works). Neither did for me.

Based on this I wouldn't recommend the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as in my opinion it is flawed and should be recalled. Samsung are aware of the problems but believe there is only a small percentage of devices affected, however many retailers would disagree.

So while the Galaxy Tab 10.1 may wow at first it soon turns to woe.

My Galaxy Tab 10.1 experience has not been good, but give it awhile and let the faulty units filter through and be returned then the odds of you getting a good one are high!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 6:09 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6