Profile for Roberta Noona > Reviews

Higher
Higher
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars How does he do it?, 30 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Higher (Audio CD)
Twenty years or so ago we were all captivated by the magical voice of a young boy from North Wales - perhaps the best boy treble ever. In the past, such artistes have tended to disappear or drop back into mundane performance. When we hard a year ago that Aled was to produce his first "grown-up" album, I suppose many of us thought that it could never recapture those exceptional and very special qualities he had shown as a boy. How wrong! That album - "Aled" - was a brilliant success and demonstrated that the spcial quailities he had shown as a teenageer were still there. It was no suprise that this record went straight to No.1 in the classic charts - and has stayed in the top 20 for most of the past year. A hard act to follow. However, this new album is, if possible, even better. To sit back and listed to the moving rendition of "Dear Father" - which is sung a duet with Aled as man and boy, it to hear something very special. Who cannot be moved by such consumate artistry. I'm sure that this will be yet another No.1 and hope that there are more to come! To those of us of an older generation, Aled has brought pleasure for some two decades. I believe that a new generation will discover the the unique qualities of this new album - which I cannot recommend to highly.