Profile for lizzie > Reviews

EDU Science G2807 Swivel Globe 28cm
Offered by Fun Learning
Price: 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
Just right for my grandchildren. It is clear and unicast, and they can look at where various family members live, or where friends are going on their travels, getting a sense of what the world looks like. They are fascinated by the relative sizes of different countries, especially Britain being so small. It's a great educational tool.

UNO (Kindle Tablet Edition)
UNO (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: UNO (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I couldn't even get into this game at first try, so I gave up on it. I love the original card game, which I have played for years, so I may try again sometime.

ShisenSho
ShisenSho
Price: 1.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: ShisenSho (App)
I play various majong games, but like this best, as there are so many different boards to play. It is clear and flexible, and I like the background pictures- very attractive Chinese prints.

BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
I use this every day and love it. It takes several minutes to download even a half hour programme, which is tedious, but worth the wait as I then get a crystal clear HD rendition of my favourite programmes. Live tv is possible, but it has to pause every little while to capture the next few minutes. This isn't too bad for a half-hour soap, but irritating for longer.

BBC Media Player
BBC Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: BBC Media Player (App)
I needed to download this and I-player so I could watch live and catchup tv. It's an efficient app, and handles all the BBC media clearly and efficiently. Thank you, I am discovering more and more I can do on my kindle fire.

Emperor: The Blood of Gods (Special Edition) (Emperor Series, Book 5)
Emperor: The Blood of Gods (Special Edition) (Emperor Series, Book 5)
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
I do know the history, and have read a number of Conn Iggulden`s books, but I found this one a bit slow going. Was the usual pace lacking, or was it my concentration? Maybe a little of each.

Spyware Shield
Spyware Shield

4.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Spyware Shield (App)
As far as I know it is working away quietly in the background, but it doesn't announce itself every day. It seemed like a good idea to download it for protection, so it's either very efficient without a song and dance, or it's not doing anything.

Kindle PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers)
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 6 Nov 2013
The fast charger is exactly that. I use my kindle fire a lot, as I am recovering from a broken back. It's my constant companion for radio, tv, music, games and reading. I can plug it in once a day for a couple of hours, and it keeps charged up. Notably, the plug doesn't heat up like my standard slow one used to.

My Horse
My Horse

3.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: My Horse (App)
I downloaded this because it is free, but you cannot use it much without having to buy extra gems. Even if you do all your own work, you can't progress far without spending real money. I don't recommend it for horse mad youngsters who will have to ask for money frequently.

Sarum
Sarum
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sarum (Kindle Edition)
Well researched, but the episodic style he uses means that the storyline is etiolated beyond reason. This makes the book rather dull, rather like a digestible textbook than a novel. Informative rather than exciting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5