Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "peloquin1" (Wales)

Blood of Rome Retribution
Blood of Rome Retribution

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 27 April 2014
Once again after a great first book John has excelled himself with an even better follow up. I could not put this book down and have really got an infinity with the characters he has created even more so with me living very close to Beeston castle and Chester. I was very excited to hear John is well on his way with the third book and can't wait for it to be completed. Well done for a truly exceptional book and hope he continues wring many more.

Blood of Rome: Caratacus (The Blood of Rome Chronicles Book 1)
Blood of Rome: Caratacus (The Blood of Rome Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 22 April 2014
What a great book the author portrays the characters and the events of the Roman invasion that make you feel you are there. I am an avid reader of Roman fiction and this this comes out on top for good historical knowledge but best of all you get totally immersed into the characters created and the battle scenes are superb , can't wait to read the next book int the series.

The Amarnan Kings, Book 6: Scarab - Descendant
The Amarnan Kings, Book 6: Scarab - Descendant

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic finale, 12 Oct. 2013
Have just finished the last book in The Amarnan Kings saga , what a great end to one of the best series of books I have ever read. I have read book 1 to book 6 end to end and feel lost now the journey is over. Every book has kept me enthralled from start to finish and the way Max writes puts you right into the story with vivid descriptions of life in Egypt in those times , I have lived through all Scarabs experiences and feel Max writes with passion and a great knowledge of the times. Praise must be given to these books and I look forward to reading many more Max Overton books. I have read the Lion of Scythia trilogy with the same zest and will now move on to the Demon trilogy. Fantastic books and I urge everybody to read them.

Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4)
Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Four of the best books I have read., 27 May 2013
Have just finished reading Carrhae the fourth book in the Parthian series and as the previous three could not put it down. I have read book one to book four back to back and have been enthralled throughout the whole series. The atmosphere created in the books is stunning making you feel you are there and I have become totally immersed in all the characters and feel deflated now the journey is over . These are the best stories I have ever read in my life , enough said I have just gone back to Book one The Parthian to start all over again. Congratulations to Peter for creating such characters and stunning battle scenes. Cannot wait for Peter's next books which I believe are set in the Crusades.

Strategos: Born in the Borderlands (Strategos 1)
Strategos: Born in the Borderlands (Strategos 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strategos: Born in the Borderlands, 3 Jan. 2012
After reading Legionary I was hoping for another brilliant book and boy I was not disappointed, this book brings you deeper into the scenarios and characters than any book I have ever read. Gordon brings the characters of Apion, Mansur, Vadim, Bracchus and many many mpre to life and you get to feel an emotional tie with Apion. The build up to the final battle is awesome with the haunting noise of the moaning of the Seljuk battle horns coursing through my head. Bravo to Gordon for writing one of the best books I have read for years and I cannot wait for thenext episodes of Legionary and Strategos, many more happy hours of reading to come.

Legionary
Legionary
by Gordon Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars SteveThompson, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Legionary (Paperback)
What a fantastic book I have read Simon Scarrow and Ben Kane and this comes up as an equal among them, as soon as I started reading this I literally could not put it down until the end. The battle scenes make you feel like you are on the battlefield with them and I was totally immersed in the characters portrayed. An exellent book and a must read for all Roman series readers. Can't wait for the next installments.