Profile for J > Reviews

Content by J

J "J"

Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the kindle but don't want adverts on it!!!!!!, 17 Dec 2014
I bought two of these for my Grandchildren aged 5 and 6 who love reading books but have also started using their Mum's kindle. Because of their ages we only wanted the basic kindle and I would have rated this 5 stars if it hadn't been for the fact that to have the 'adverts' removed I was expected to pay £10 extra per kindle! On principle I didn't do that- why should I have to!? However the books that were advertised appear to be based on the books ordered buy the account holder - the girl's Mum as they obviously can't have their own Amazon accounts- and were therefore completely inappropriate for children! We therefore had to contact customer services to have them removed. To be fair to Amazon as a goodwill gesture the adverts were removed for free when I complained but this should not have been an issue- get your act together please Amazon before I need to by an reader for my other Grandchildren or I may go for a different make next time.

5-7 Years (Medium) - Nurse Uniform - Child's Fancy Dress Up Suit Girls Costume
5-7 Years (Medium) - Nurse Uniform - Child's Fancy Dress Up Suit Girls Costume

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Dec 2014
Good quality, generous size without being too big and looks great

Magformers Carnival Set 46 pcs
Magformers Carnival Set 46 pcs
Offered by Galactikacs Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Dec 2014
Excellent value for money, hours of fun whilst being educational

Personalised - Penguin design - XL Natural Cotton Christmas Santa Sack
Personalised - Penguin design - XL Natural Cotton Christmas Santa Sack
Offered by The Cotton Bag Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Dec 2014
Good quality and great size, should do many years of xmas

The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars The rain, 12 Jan 2014
Enjoyed this so much I bought the full book ( parts 1-5) as soon as I'd finished it and have now bought part 1 of the sequel.

Flesh Worn Stone (The Game - Book One)
Flesh Worn Stone (The Game - Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Flesh worn stone, 12 Jan 2014
Downloaded this as it was a freebie and enjoyed it so much I downloaded it to my hubby's kindle too. Couldn't put it down once I startedit.

Creative Toys : Wooden Threading Lacing Mouse and Cheese
Creative Toys : Wooden Threading Lacing Mouse and Cheese
Offered by Home & Nursery

5.0 out of 5 stars Threading mouse, 12 Jan 2014
Bought this as a tree present for my 2 year old granddaughter this Christmas and she loved it. Only problem is she needs us to un- thread it! Would recommend it

The Rain (A Post-Apocalyptic Story) (The Rain Trilogy Book 1)
The Rain (A Post-Apocalyptic Story) (The Rain Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 12 Jan 2014
Bought the full version of this after downloading part one for free as I had to know what happened next, and having read this over the weekend have now downloaded the sequel The Snow as again I have to know what's coming next. Not my usual type of book but thought I would give it a go as it was free but I was gripped from the beginning, believable characters in a horrible situation. Give it a go, well worth a read.

Slug Bell - Pink Rose
Slug Bell - Pink Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly reccomend, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Slug Bell - Pink Rose
It works and it blends into the garden nicely, also stops my inquisitive grandchildren and the wildlife eating the slug pellets - not a lot else needs to be said really. I originally bought some of these at a garden show from the inventor -was totally cynical but he told me to let him know if I wasn't happy. But I was so much so I have now bought some as gifts.