Profile for Elena Petrov > Reviews

Content by Elena Petrov

Elena Petrov "Zingarela" (London, UK)

Madame Bovary
Madame Bovary
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read classis, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Madame Bovary (Kindle Edition)
A must read classic. Re read it after two decades and understood a lot more of it, as I was 16 when I read it first

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

3.0 out of 5 stars The problem is not with the Kindle, but the limited supply of books, 7 Oct 2010
What can I say about it that hasn't been said in other numerous reviews?
I received my Kindle two weeks ago but I wanted to wait and get a better feel of the devise before posting a review.
The Kindle is great for what it is designed to do! If you are looking for a devise to read books with there is no better solution on the market, Ipad included.
I'm an avid reader and have an extensive collection of books, but run out of storage space hence I stepped over my reluctance of ordering a "book killer". I will still miss certain aspects of the traditional book - the cover, the feel of the page, the smell, the ability to write notes and highlight (you can do that on the Kindle but it's not the same). However there are certain advantages to a kindle - one single and light tool for keeping your whole book collection, the price of electronic books, and even the experimental extras are useful to me as I don't have a smart phone for handy internet connection.
So why did I give it only 3 stars? ..because I have been very disappointed with the choice of electronic books on offer. I searched a very large number of books I was interested in and not even half of them are available for the Kindle - Carlos Fuentes, Amitav Ghosh and Mario Vargas Llosa being only some of the authors that are very poorly represented on the Kindle books. Probably these authors didn't make it on the best selling list but for those of us that have less popular tastes the electronic book market is not ripe yet.
I am pleased with my purchase, and what books I want and can download on Kindle I will get this way, but I won't be putting the traditional book shops out of business yet.

Eco-Nique Natural Hemp Brown Case Cover for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 Oct 2010
I received this cover not from Amazon, but from a different supplier. I ordered it from this web site first but they didn't have it in stock for a very long time, so I looked for an alternative.
I am very glad I waited for this product as it is perfect, exactly like I was hoping it to be! The cover is soft and light and the design very pretty. It is a great alternative to the overpriced Amazon's own leather covers and looks much more original and unique.
A fear I had before I ordered (as there were no reviews at all for this product at the time) is that the Kindle may not fit well in the cover and will impede access to the buttons...however there is plenty of room around the keys and the screen.
There is room for some paper and cards in the inside cover which I will make full use of, however I'm not sure if I will use the pen hook. I put a pen inside it but I don't like how it stretched the middle of the cover and comes too close to the kindle when the cover is closed so I would be afraid of scratching it.
Also because of the brown colour and the texture (which I expected to be rather rough, but it is not) it makes the reading experience on the kindle more pleasurable, more down to earth and less gadget-y.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2010 8:09 PM BST