Profile for J. O'neill > Reviews

Content by J. O'neill

J. O'neill "Music worm" (Ireland)

The Great Divorce
The Great Divorce
by C. S. Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars why when we're dead?, 30 July 2008
This review is from: The Great Divorce (Paperback)
I've recently gotten into C.S. Lewis' adult Christian theology. I read the Narnia books in school, and they were what really got me into reading. I remember the impression i got was one of a world of "goodness" and "moral uprightness" that at the time i felt i might only get once i died (if i was good enough to go to heaven). But recently after reading his adult books i've decided to become a Christian, and also realized that everything he writes about is attainable in this life, before we are physically dead. I think that's what he hints at here and there. Heaven can be attained while we are here on earth. I'd recommend his books to anyone who's not a Christian, not just because they might be converted but because the themes apply to every human.

The A-Z of Card Games (Oxford Quick Reference)
The A-Z of Card Games (Oxford Quick Reference)
by David Parlett

2.0 out of 5 stars difficult to understand!, 22 Aug. 2007
I've never given a bad review in my life, but i feel that i should let other customers who are thinking of buying this book know what i have experienced. To put it simply, there's a lot of spelling mistakes in it. This makes it very hard to follow the instructions. Different words are used to describe the same thing throughout instructions, which adds to the confusion. It's not
"clear advice" as it states on the front of the book. It's a shame because it looked like a nicely presented book with plenty of neat diagrams etc, but if the instructions on how to play the games are a mess, then whats the point!
For me to figure out these games i'm going to have to go through the instructions very carefully and decode them. The only reason i gave it two stars is because i might get some use from it.

Becoming X
Becoming X
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Different than the one i use to own!, 11 May 2007
This review is from: Becoming X (Audio CD)
I use to own the original version back when it came out and loved it! Recently i wanted to own it again and read some reviews on the amazon page! One reviewer warned to get the original "circuit Board" '96 version (the one i had) as the new '99 release had remixed tracks. Well, i went and bought the circuit board covered version only to find out that this, too, has the remixes on it! They're not bad, but not comparable to the original, and the track spin spin suga has been completely butchered with none of the samples that made the original so memorable!

Why has this happened?! I don't know! But i want the original!:(

So be warned, if you are looking for the original, don't just go with the circuit board cover!