Profile for M. Watkins > Reviews

Content by M. Watkins

M. Watkins

Mouse Wireless, Amir Ergonomic 2.4G Wireless Mouse with 3 Adjustable DPI Level (800/1200/1600) and Side Buttons for Gaming and More
Offered by Amir UK

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a fine piece of machinery, 10 April 2016
The mouse works as expected, on most surfaces very well. It's portable, and I don't lose the little usb-part whenever I take it anywhere because it has a slot. For the cost, it's a fine piece of machinery. Occasionally on not-so-good surfaces I've had issues where the mouse will move a little on its own, which could be an issue if fine-precision was required, but on any normal surface (i.e. desk, mousepad, etc.) it works like a dream.

Gen #1
Gen #1

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Gen #1 (Kindle Edition)
All four tales started off well, though I preferred the first three to the last. For free, this is a great deal, it feels like stealing.

Woodworm Sunglasses Pro Series Sunglasses - Multi Colored
Woodworm Sunglasses Pro Series Sunglasses - Multi Colored
Offered by The Sports HQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sunglasses, especially for cycling, 27 May 2013
The shape means that even on the edges of my vision, I don't get blinded when turning.
They are decently dark, without being too distracting.
The only problem for me would be where they sit on your nose, after a couple of hours it is slightly annoying. I mean a couple of hours, though, but the sun around here hardly ever lasts for that long anyway (in the UK).
I like the design, it looks cool, and the price is excellent. Getting a second pair in red, which colour matched my bike, was a welcome bonus.

Mistborn Trilogy (Box set, includes The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension and The Hero of Ages)
by Brandon Sanderson

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent set of books from a good author, 24 May 2013
If you are unsure whether or not to read books written from this author, I would say that this would be a great starting set. Definitely his best work from what I've seen (Whilst a way of kings (part I and II were great), I couldn't really summon enough interest for one of the main characters, due to their less than interesting story when compared to what else was going on, so i would say this is still his best work). Decently written, I read the set within four days, so I guess they are captivating enough. Oh, and I think I heard they are planning on making a game based on the (absolutely brilliant) 'magic' rules.

Gembird 20m Patch Cord Cat5e Gold Plated Cable
Gembird 20m Patch Cord Cat5e Gold Plated Cable
Offered by Digital Drives

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine., 24 May 2013
Does the job, reaches the length required, feels sturdy enough, small enough to fit under some doors, so anything I would need to do to make room for it was not required. Works as expected, improved connection for PS3 at the opposite side of the house.

The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two
The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two
by Patrick Rothfuss
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome read!, 24 May 2013
After taking the time to finally get around to reading this series, due to a recommendation to a friend, I have no regrets. Both this book and the last are great. The heroic character isn't shown as the perfect person all of the time, and makes his share of non-obvious mistakes and regrets, the interludes to the 'present time' aren't too long to skip through to get back to the main story, and interesting enough, to develop the other characters, and I feel my time has not been wasted.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It works., 24 May 2013
Does the job, exactly as described/shown. No problems, it is as expected. No more to say. GEt one if you need one.

UltraDisk DVR10 2GB mini USB Digital Voice Recorder with Time Synchronisation Software

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, its great for my needs, 17 April 2012
I got this recorder on a whim, thinking that it would help with writing up explanations of certain points in lectures in neat note form. The fact that it is small means it can be left on the desk of the lecturer (or hanging from it) and keep out of the way. The quality is not amazing, its not even very good, but its good enough to hear what is going on from a decent distance. This can give some interferance with areas with loud background noises, but my lectures are not usually like that. The charge life means that it can pretty much last the day, and its very fast to upload onto the computer. Like, 6 seconds per hour averaging on my below-average spec laptop. Works well for the price, nothing special, but it does.

Palace of the Damned (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, Book 3)
Palace of the Damned (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, Book 3)
by Darren Shan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 2 Nov. 2011
Who has been an amazing author to me, who has read all his books that I have heard about for the past six years? The only author I have stayed with for that length of time has been Darren Shan, and do you know why? Because all his books are awesome. I read books like anything, so I cannot say much by how fast I read it, but it is yet another awesome book by an author that is one of the main reasons for my love for books. If you have read any of his before, this is another one, with all the usual elements that this author brings into the story. If you are new to the author, I recommend starting with the saga of darren shan (both the twelve books and the film) and taking it from there, its a great story. Enjoy!

Ocean of Blood (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, Book 2)
Ocean of Blood (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, Book 2)
by Darren Shan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 Jun. 2011
This is another instalment, the second in a gruesome new series; it seems Mr. Shan is not content to stay at the common horror level but must outdo himself, providing an amazing read. The attention to detail is great, and so is the way the book makes you have to make time to finish it - like all the time after opening it until closing it at the end. All in all great book, great delivery and my bllood lust is satisfied