Profile for STEVEN > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
HP Ink Combo Pack B/C/M/Y No. 301, 383HPCR340EE
HP Ink Combo Pack B/C/M/Y No. 301, 383HPCR340EE
Offered by Allday Officesupplies UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!! These Are Only Low Yield Starter Cartridges, Buy The HP 301XL's Much Better Value!!, 8 Aug 2014
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 3:12 PM BST

HP Original 301 Ink Cartridge Combo Pack - Black/Colour
HP Original 301 Ink Cartridge Combo Pack - Black/Colour
Offered by Allday Officesupplies UK

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 3:11 PM BST

Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)
Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)
Offered by Digitalville UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Woeful, 7 Jan 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I'm glad to say I rented this instead of buying it. The hype leading up to its release was understandable, with the pedigree of the NFS name speaking before it and the concept of a coast-to-coast race was mouth watering.

All aspects of the game are so badly implemented, however, and the title is completely ruined by errors that could have been avoided. To start, the main story. Best part of three hours to complete, with respect to retailers, how they can justify charging 40GBP for NFS The Run is mystifying.

Similar to the Modern Warfare games with a short story, there are 'Challenge Series' events, recycling the maps and completing more races. These are of mixed ability and if anything are too hard and very frustrating, you will find yourself restarting and crashing because of aggressive enemy AI and clumsy traffic AI.

On that point, the load times between restarts are unbearable, considering how far other games have come today.

Online, the game boasts an odd set up. Gain XP, the same seen throughout the game, much like other EA games. There is no 'straight race' option though, all opportunities of racing with friends are for 'group objectives'.

Traditional EA servers mean loading times are even worse, even with a super-fast connection. Once you're in there is no lag, granted, but you'll find yourself exiting and restarting your console before being inducted into a race.

Down to the finite detail, the game disappoints. Menu music is irritating and reminiscent of past COD games, not a boy-racer. In game music is outdated. Car handling is poor considering how good it has been in past NFS titles. Each car handles the same and there are no customisation options.

Overall, leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Avoid at all costs.

My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout (Wii)
My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout (Wii)
Offered by JosephGaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, totally addictive, 30 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not into the gym but wanted to do something to keep me fit. I enjoyed doing the boxing on Wii Fit, and after reading what this workout was about, decided to buy it. All I can say is, personally, its the best £12 I have ever spent. From being a bit of a couch potato, I now have to do this workout every day. After every workout, I sweat more and feel that I have worked parts of my body, that I never knew existed! I love the fact that its all based about boxing and also find it comes in handy, as a good way of releasing all your built up stress and frustration through the day. I have to admit, after a workout, I also find that I feel much calmer in myself. I have recommended it to friends and work colleagues, who have then bought it and are of the same opinion. I would, without hesitation recommend this.

My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)
My Fitness Coach: Dance Workout (Wii)
Offered by APE-GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, 30 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
purchased this after reading the positive reviews. I was looking for a dance fitness game and this one's brilliant! Lots of different workouts to do and you can have a fitness plan tailor made for you which you follow for a week or longer.Ther's lots of little rewards to keep you going like a new outfit for your avatar or for your fitness trainer as well as new dance routines and backgrounds.
Ive been doing this for two weeks now and I really feel much fitter. I find it much more motivating than wii fit and more addictive too!
I would highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to feel fitter quickly. 5 STARS!

HP Ink Cartridge for Deskjet 1000 Printer - Black/ Colour
HP Ink Cartridge for Deskjet 1000 Printer - Black/ Colour
Offered by Cartridge King

3.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Black/Colour Cartridges, Low Page Yield 3mls (Starter Cartridges), 1 Dec 2011
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2013 6:26 PM GMT

Napoleon: Total War (PC DVD)
Napoleon: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Into the breach., 30 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Napoleon feels like either: The game that Empire should've have been(Cough, Multiplayer campaign, cough) or the mother of all expansions, it could happen remember Kingdoms? Napoleon is graphically superior & those of you that could run Empire well will be pleased to know that Napoleon's not that much more demanding on the old resources.
There's quite alot to chose for the single player. The Napoleon Campaign is very cool, my poision is the Coalition campaign becuase amongst all the other nations you can play as, for me it's good old Blighty, there's also a very cool historical battle campaign that's worth your time. The campaign map is smaller, it's only Europe really, but the game doesn't feel smaller because of this. The risk style part of the game has been simplified which could be seen as refreshing rather than a step back. The in battle graphics & affects are lovely to behold & the naval battles look even better with more lavish details. The Ai is still weak, however for those that want more of a challenge there's a "Drop in" feature which allows a random human player to connect to your single player campaign & fight you....Brilliant!. Multiplayer is better all round with the ability to do 2 vs 2 seige this time around. But for me it's the Multiplayer campaign, that's where myself & friend go week at the knees. no kinding we were playing for a day solid, no kidding & i'm married (not for long)
It's sad that more & more titles that have a huge potential for the PC are ported from consoles & as a result are NOT fit for purpose. But Total War has always....ALWAYS been for the PC users. As soon as that changes (God forbid) i'm off to them hills.
For now they represent all that is good & pure for us PC users. A MUST MUST have & at a stupidly good price.

Day of the Dead [Blu-ray] [1985] [Region Free]
Day of the Dead [Blu-ray] [1985] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Joseph Pilato

4.0 out of 5 stars What a release!, 30 Nov 2011
First of all i'd like to say WOW! A brilliant release for the money, it's stunning!
On to the quality. Not the best visual I've seen & certainly not the best DTS Master Soundtrack i've heard although the filmscore itself is very good...Got to love those synths.
But after that I put the whole thing into perspective. What you do get for your money is....A superb release, presentation, content etc. On the whole the Audio & visual performance is WAY better than my U.S DVD Import, so all in all it's WELL worth the megre sum of money that Play are asking for. Classic.

Back to the Future Trilogy [DVD] [1985]
Back to the Future Trilogy [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Michael J. Fox
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars This is heavy Doc!, 30 Nov 2011
I owned the triology on DVD, but sold it to a friend when I learned it's was coming to blu-ray. I thought "if it's one film I need to own on blu-ray it's this!" Handing over the DVD-collection to my friend was really hard... But I had the bly-ray to look forward to. And it did not let me down!

A treasured item in my blu-ray collection! I also like the fact that they have made all this new extra material for this release. Images of Michael J. Fox not beeing abel to sit still due to his medical situation really puts tears in my eyes and an ake in my heart! Truly a remarkable and amazing man!

Also like all the stories about making the film, the title of the film, the plot, the cast... Also BIG fan of Steven Spielberg and his storytelling and films, and so it's great to se him in there also, saying that he always believed in the story made by "Bob and Bob".

If you like the films, you really don't need to think about it anymore. By it! Just by it... You'll love every minute of it!

Mother's Day [Blu-ray]
Mother's Day [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Rebecca De Mornay

3.0 out of 5 stars 'MOTHER KNOWS BEST' ?, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mother's Day [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
this type of film will never have great-actors on board, however the film itself, great acting aside, is----gruesome and often intense.
a bank robbery goes pear-shape, the brothers now on the run head for 'home' not knowing their mother had been evicted.
a young couple, now the owners along with their party guests are about to recieve the uninvited brothers into the house.
with one of the brother's injured the ''mother'' and her daughter are about to join the party, trouble is neither the brothers or the ''mother'' are in a 'party' mood.
the owners and guests are about to expieriance ''hell''
the mother is played by 'rebecca de morney' who has played a similar role before in ''the cradle will fall'' ( this role does suit her style )
not the best ''horror''film you'll see this year, however if you enjoy 'sadistic' and substained violence........it's worth a spin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3