Profile for ArtyElk > Reviews

Content by ArtyElk

ArtyElk

2 X Large Gardman Garden Fleece Plant Warming Jackets..
2 X Large Gardman Garden Fleece Plant Warming Jackets..
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge!, 6 Dec 2013
After wondering whether these would be big enough for my 7' high, bushy citrus trees, I was relieved to find they fit easily. The width of the bag is measured as half of the diameter; so they were double size I worried they might've been. They slid over without too much trouble, or snagging. Great quality! Now, frost-protection-wise, only time will tell...

French Connection Mens Cable Knit Cardigan Charcoal Large
French Connection Mens Cable Knit Cardigan Charcoal Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Top quality; but LARGE!, 11 Jan 2012
Delivered swiftly by M&M. Quality and style as expected from French Connection; warm, soft and quite a chunky knit; colour was as shown.

However, using the sizing guide, my husband should have been a large (which I ordered, against my better judgement). It was HUGE - more like an XL. Luckily, M&M provided an efficient Collect+ service in order to get an exchange or refund, etc.

If purchasing this cardigan, I'd suggest ordering a size smaller than the sizing guide suggests.

Elliott's Funky Cleaning Plastic Laundry Basket, Blue
Elliott's Funky Cleaning Plastic Laundry Basket, Blue
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed!, 25 May 2011
Despite my surprise on its arrival (I was expecting it to be bigger), the height is perfect. Fitting just under the opening swing of the washing machine door, I can pull all the washing into it, without any spillages. The size is perfect for one load of wet washing; two loads fit at a squash, and with risk of spillage on the way to the garden; I have tried to balance three, but haven't managed yet! Same problems bringing clean, dry washing back in. Not a problem, if you hang your washing out (and bring it in) a load at a time; but, if you have a large family, I'd recommend getting a wider basket.

However, it will prevent anyone with a bad back from carrying a too heavy load.

The quality seems good, made with a flexible soft plastic. And, if, like in our house, washing has to sit around for a day or two, the holes are large enough to allow wet clothes to air, but too small for baby socks to escape!

Singalong With Spider [DVD]
Singalong With Spider [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Singalong With Spider [DVD] (DVD)
If you are familiar with the original series, and love it, be prepared for disappointment. Being a huge fan of the original "Spider" series (both my sons absolutely loved the video when they were small - now both in their teens), I purchased the singalong dvd for my youngest son (age 2), hoping that it would replace the old VHS Spider series. Unfortunately, the singalong dvd only covers half of the original songs, and misses out five songs, including several of my son's favourites. The dvd only plays for 28mins as opposed to the original almost 1hr.

Also, the illustrations have been a little modified (spoiled), by adding too much colour and thickening the black outlines on the figures (spider's legs were never that fat!!)

However, it does have some fun links between the songs. Being given a voice (never had one in the original), the boy introduces each song, awaiting his spider friend to help him. Spider keeps popping up when the boy isn't looking. My son loved these, pantomime "he's beHIND you!" bits.

In short, I'd recommend you get the original: children will learn the words to each song without them printed on screen (and these flash up in quite a crude, amateur karaoke way); they'll have the benefit of ALL the songs, not just half of them; and the original dvd is actually cheaper (yes, the singalong dvd is more expensive too!).