Profile for Bex > Reviews

Content by Bex

Bex

Crown of Midnight: 2 (Throne of Glass)
Crown of Midnight: 2 (Throne of Glass)
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book!, 9 Sep 2013
Following on where Throne of Glass left off, Crown of Midnight is a riveting read. Maas slowly eases you back into the story, not so slowly that you get bored but with just enough info for someone like me with a poor memory. Celeana is just as strong and deadly as ever, and gets even more awesome as the story progresses. The only fault is that I have to wait for the next one...

Throne of Glass
Throne of Glass
by Sarah J. Maas
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Feminine power at it's greatest, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Throne of Glass (Paperback)
I purchased this book via an amazon recommendation and how glad am I!

The heroine is bursting full of feminine strength and determination and she's awesome at kicking ass! Many mentions of the back story of this character keep you guessing, and if you want to know more the author has a collection of novellas detailing with some of her previous exploits.

To give you an idea of who would like this: I also like Trudi Canavan, Anne McCaffrey and some PC Cast godess books

Highly recommended

Silicone Shell Case Cover And Screen Guard For Samsung Europa i5500 / Yellow
Silicone Shell Case Cover And Screen Guard For Samsung Europa i5500 / Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Never lose your phone again!, 14 Mar 2013
This silicone case fits perfectly and the bright yellow colour means I never lose my phone (finally!).

The only down side is that the silicone does pick up some dirt (easily wiped off) and also makes it difficult to put into your pocket. Great for quickly finding in your bag/on your bed/amongst a pile of washing. If I ever take if off my phone becomes invisible once again.

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord: A Throne of Glass Novella
The Assassin and the Pirate Lord: A Throne of Glass Novella
Price: 1.03

5.0 out of 5 stars A great back-story to Throne of Glass, 14 Mar 2013
Anyone who enjoyed Throne of Glass from the same author will love this novella. Fast-paced and entertaining, provides an insight into the history of our favourite heroine.

Lirael
Lirael
by Garth Nix

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!, 28 Feb 2004
This review is from: Lirael (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a christmas prezzie for my mum before reading Sabriel (the prequel to Lirael).She hasn't even picked it up yet and I finished it today.
After reading Sabriel I was so glad that Lirael was around, I was just itching for more and I still am! I can't wait for Abhorsen (the third in the trilogy), I want more of Nix, he's got me hooked! If you liked Sabriel don't hesitate to buy this, you won't be disappointed! I hope Nix keeps up the good work, he's an amazing author.
Beware, Nix is highly addictive!

Sabriel
Sabriel
by Garth Nix
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I took this one home!, 28 Feb 2004
This review is from: Sabriel (Paperback)
I work in a book shop and Sabriel grabbed my attention the second I saw it. However, I was a bit apprehensive as it was in the young adult section which also contains all the 'girly' books which, being 18 and hating them, aren't really my type. But I thought I'd give it a chance as there was quite a fuss about it.
I'm so glad I did! I just couldn't put this book down! Nix' book is definately in the fantasy genre (which i was delighted about) but it is also unique from any fantasy fiction I've read. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in a book like this but Nix has amazing talent at making you understand and vividly imagine all the ideas he presents. Much easier read than lord of the rings and much more compelling too.
But don't let me tell you how wonderful it is, go and read it!