Profile for ebbw > Reviews

Samsung Notebook Cover for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch - Metallic Black
Offered by BlitzCompany
Price: 24.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, 23 April 2014
Can't fault the case, but the price is far too high, and Amazon's price is significantly less than Tesco / PC World. It's a sheet of plastic which should cost a couple of quid.

The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl
The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl
Price: 36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 2 April 2014
I'd never heard of this whisky before, and am writing my review whilst sipping on a free sample. Its really good. Very smooth with no harsh burn. I've been on the company website and can't really detect any of the tastes or aromas they mention, but that's OK, it tasted pretty good to me. If I didn't know what I was drinking I'd have guessed it was Jameson's.

Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,
Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,
Price: 32.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent knife, 11 Oct 2013
I would have given it 5 stars, but the two parts of the body that have been screwed together aren't flush. It's not a big enough fault to send the product back, but its not great quality control by the manufacturer. Apart from that its a decent knife with a quality blade at a good price.

Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt
Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 31 Aug 2013
This is a really good piece of kit. If used within it's limitations it produces great results. It runs off a 18 v battery which doesn't last that long and it won't cut thick logs but that's wasn't what it was designed for. I've cut logs up to 6 inches thick, and with 2 full batteries have got 50 minutes cutting which gets through a lot of logs. It's light, starts up immediately without the trouble experienced with petrol saws. The oil leaks, but that's easily fixed. After each use I turn the saw upside down and pour the oil back into the bottle. It comes with a 2 year warranty,so Black & Decker are standing behind their product.

24 - Season 1 [DVD]
24 - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspend reality, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: 24 - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
24 is fantastic. Every episode ends in an old style cliff hanger. No one can we trusted and there are double crosses galore. Great escapist TV.

NordicTrack E9 ZL Elliptical Cross Trainer
NordicTrack E9 ZL Elliptical Cross Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Aug 2013
Bought it to replace an Orbitrek that had broken. Couldn't believe the step up in quality. An absolutely fantastic product that is whisper quiet in operation. Bought it from Fitness Superstore as Amazon didn't have any in stock and got great service from them. This product is retailing for 699 on the Nordictrack site so 399 is a great price. Its gym quality for the home. Absolutely delighted with the purchase.

Westland Lawn Feed Weed and Moss Killer 100m2 Spreader
Westland Lawn Feed Weed and Moss Killer 100m2 Spreader
Offered by DIY & Homewares
Price: 13.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 Jun 2013
I followed the instructions to the letter. The spreader is completely useless. I've now got black lines across my garden. The product seems to work, but the spreader doesn't spread.

Olympus Pen E-PM1 Compact System Camera Double Zoom Kit - Black (includes M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R and M.ZUIKO Digital 40 -150mm Lenses)
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 16 Feb 2013
I've been using SLR's since the 1970's and have owned a number of very good cameras and lenses. This is one of the best I've owned.

The micro four thirds system is a game changer. In absolute terms it's not up there with the best DSLR's but then again it was never meant to be.

It's so compact. I bought the twin lens kit. It gives me coverage from 28 mm through to 300 mm. All of that fits into a very small case that's easy to carry and weighs next to nothing. It's got HD video recording, image stabilisation and a good system of accessories.

it's built down to a price but still feels well built. The screen is difficult to see in bright sun light, but that's par for the course. This can be rectified via an electronic viewfinder. Olympus is a brand I've found very reliable previously which is good as so many of the made in China products being produced for Japanese companies are of poor quality.

A great little camera that get used much more than my DSLR because it's so compact. Results are first rate, with lots of detail and good colours.

The Sweeney [DVD]
The Sweeney [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone
Price: 3.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor remake, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Sweeney [DVD] (DVD)
Jack & George in the TV series were Britain's answer to Butch & Sundance, a great double act. Regan was the sexist misogynist dinosaur and George we all knew could be redeemed if he didn't work for Jack. Every episode had great humour, great plots and great one liners.

In this remake all the humour's gone and Ray Winstone snarls his lines out form beginning to end. It's lost everything that made the Sweeney great.

If it hadn't been based on the Sweeney and was just another British shoot em up, I'd have given it 3 stars. Having to rate it as the Sweeney however loses it 2 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2013 9:32 AM BST

Waterman Expert Black Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Expert Black Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Price: 44.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 14 Feb 2013
For many years I worked for a major international financial services company. Our National Sales Director was adamant that well should always carry a very good quality pen. He reasoned that if someone was going to invest a million pounds with us and we handed them a cheap pen to sign the cheque it was very unprofessional.

Over the years I've had a lot of nice pens including Montblanc & Dunhill. I've always looked after them, but the top split on the Montblanc and the Dunhill's (at 500 for a fountain pen and ball pen) are really quite poor quality.

I've got a number of Waterman Experts and always use them to complete paperwork for clients. I'd guess that at least 90% of the hundreds of clients I've handed the pen to to sign documents have commented on the weight, quality and feel of the pen. I've never had a comment with the Montblanc or Dunhill's.

This is an exceptional pen at any price. I've never owned a better quality pen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3