Profile for ebbw > Reviews

He Who Dares: The Downing St Siege [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Phillips
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful, 23 May 2015
An absolutely awful film with actors I haven't seen before, and am unlikely to see again. When you watch such a bad end product, you wonder how no one sense checked it or quality checked it. Don't waste your electricity watching it.

Fujifilm FinePix XP70 Camera - Blue (16.4MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Fujifilm FinePix XP70 Camera - Blue (16.4MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera., 5 May 2015
This is a fantastic camera, but you need to understand it's limitations.
The lens zooms is in the body not out the front of the camera which limits it's speed and quality.
Sea water is incredibly destructive. It ruins plastic seals and even a few grains of sand can break the seal.
whilst you may be in shallow water a wave breaking over you and the camera can weigh tons.
So there can be no guarantee it will keep working.
I've used mine in the sea regularly and it's been fine. Save your photo's first chance you get and rinse it off after every use.
Images are good not great, but well worth the money.

SRAM QuickView Road - Garmin GPS/Computer Mount, Quarter Turn/Twist Lock - 31.8 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than competitor mounts, but..., 12 April 2015
but still a lot of money for a piece of plastic. Easy to fit (if you've got the right screwdriver head). I guess it will fit on all handlebars. Half the price of the Garmin alternative but the quality is the same.

The Sopranos - HBO Complete Season 1-6 [DVD] [2007]
The Sopranos - HBO Complete Season 1-6 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini
Offered by Panns.Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 1 April 2015
I guess one day a footballer as good as George Best will come along and there will be another Gareth Edwards. One day a show as good as the Sopranos will come along but its not going to happen any time soon.
This is gallows humour at its best. Its addictive in a way very little TV is.
I didn't get the ending first time around, but having just finished watching it again it makes sense.
If you haven't seen it yet, buy and enjoy. I envy you!

Dr. Marten's 1460 Original 8 Eyelet, Unisex-Adult Lace-Up Boots
Dr. Marten's 1460 Original 8 Eyelet, Unisex-Adult Lace-Up Boots
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 23 Dec. 2014
I bought my first pair of DM's over 40 years ago and have owned at least one pair ever since. The last pair I bought was the first pair that were not made in the UK. I've got a pair of UK made boots to compare them with. The UK boots are fantastic quality. The new pair have inferior leather which is badly cut and the manufacturing is not as good. Dr martens however still charge premier prices.
I grew up seeing "Made in the UK" and Union Jack stickers on lots of products and didn't really appreciate the quality it implied or the aims of the campaign.Its only when its gone you understand how good it was, how poor the alternative is and the liberties that manufactures are taking by selling inferior products at the old "made in the UK" prices.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 9 Aug. 2014
Bought a laptop with Windows 8 installed. Absolutely awful layout (and much worse than the much criticised Vista that I had been using on my previous laptop).

On start up I kept getting t a request from Microsoft to update to their all singing all dancing 8.1. I clicked the tab and updated. The update managed to disable the screen brightness control function. Google'd the problem it's happened to lots of people on lots of brands of laptops.

Typical Microsoft, no fix from them, so now had to due a recovery on my machine and lose all the data.

The solution-buy a Mac!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 6:40 PM BST

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by gsm m

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but......., 9 Aug. 2014
This is a really good tablet and merits 5 stars. My issues relate to Samsung support for and marketing of the product. Before I bought it I had a few queries. I rang Samsung and got answers to all my questions. What I really wanted was the ability to use more than one screen at a time. I was told that was one of the features, but it's not. They've since listed this feature on the main Samsung UK website, knowing it's untrue. I've spoken to them and they've told me it can't be done, but they keep advertising it (it's available on one of the smaller screen versions).

I bought the product to replace a Blackberry 7 inch tablet. This was a clever little product limited by a lack of 3rd party apps. Their customer support was brilliant and way better than Samsung's. Samsung's answer to every question is to refer me back to the website.

Lastly, and it's not Samsung's fault is the issue of Microsoft compability. Microsoft having been at war with Apple for years have now decided to love Apple (if you can't beat them join them), so you can run Outlook on an Apple tablet but not on Android.

So, it's a five star product let down by their customer support and poor advertising.

Samsung Notebook Cover for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch - Metallic Black
Samsung Notebook Cover for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch - Metallic Black
Offered by total digital stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, 23 April 2014
Can't fault the case, but the price is far too high, and Amazon's price is significantly less than Tesco / PC World. It's a sheet of plastic which should cost a couple of quid.

The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl
The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 2 April 2014
I'd never heard of this whisky before, and am writing my review whilst sipping on a free sample. Its really good. Very smooth with no harsh burn. I've been on the company website and can't really detect any of the tastes or aromas they mention, but that's OK, it tasted pretty good to me. If I didn't know what I was drinking I'd have guessed it was Jameson's.

Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,
Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent knife, 11 Oct. 2013
I would have given it 5 stars, but the two parts of the body that have been screwed together aren't flush. It's not a big enough fault to send the product back, but its not great quality control by the manufacturer. Apart from that its a decent knife with a quality blade at a good price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4