Profile for ebbw > Reviews

Dr Martens Adult's 11822006 original 8 eyelet 1460z
Dr Martens Adult's 11822006 original 8 eyelet 1460z
Price: £60.00 - £139.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 23 Dec. 2014
I bought my first pair of DM's over 40 years ago and have owned at least one pair ever since. The last pair I bought was the first pair that were not made in the UK. I've got a pair of UK made boots to compare them with. The UK boots are fantastic quality. The new pair have inferior leather which is badly cut and the manufacturing is not as good. Dr martens however still charge premier prices.
I grew up seeing "Made in the UK" and Union Jack stickers on lots of products and didn't really appreciate the quality it implied or the aims of the campaign.Its only when its gone you understand how good it was, how poor the alternative is and the liberties that manufactures are taking by selling inferior products at the old "made in the UK" prices.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 9 Aug. 2014
Bought a laptop with Windows 8 installed. Absolutely awful layout (and much worse than the much criticised Vista that I had been using on my previous laptop).

On start up I kept getting t a request from Microsoft to update to their all singing all dancing 8.1. I clicked the tab and updated. The update managed to disable the screen brightness control function. Google'd the problem it's happened to lots of people on lots of brands of laptops.

Typical Microsoft, no fix from them, so now had to due a recovery on my machine and lose all the data.

The solution-buy a Mac!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 6:40 PM BST

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by Hayden's Heaven

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but......., 9 Aug. 2014
This is a really good tablet and merits 5 stars. My issues relate to Samsung support for and marketing of the product. Before I bought it I had a few queries. I rang Samsung and got answers to all my questions. What I really wanted was the ability to use more than one screen at a time. I was told that was one of the features, but it's not. They've since listed this feature on the main Samsung UK website, knowing it's untrue. I've spoken to them and they've told me it can't be done, but they keep advertising it (it's available on one of the smaller screen versions).

I bought the product to replace a Blackberry 7 inch tablet. This was a clever little product limited by a lack of 3rd party apps. Their customer support was brilliant and way better than Samsung's. Samsung's answer to every question is to refer me back to the website.

Lastly, and it's not Samsung's fault is the issue of Microsoft compability. Microsoft having been at war with Apple for years have now decided to love Apple (if you can't beat them join them), so you can run Outlook on an Apple tablet but not on Android.

So, it's a five star product let down by their customer support and poor advertising.

Samsung Notebook Cover for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch - Metallic Black
Samsung Notebook Cover for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch - Metallic Black
Offered by total digital stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, 23 April 2014
Can't fault the case, but the price is far too high, and Amazon's price is significantly less than Tesco / PC World. It's a sheet of plastic which should cost a couple of quid.

The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl
The Macallan Gold Whisky 70cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 2 April 2014
I'd never heard of this whisky before, and am writing my review whilst sipping on a free sample. Its really good. Very smooth with no harsh burn. I've been on the company website and can't really detect any of the tastes or aromas they mention, but that's OK, it tasted pretty good to me. If I didn't know what I was drinking I'd have guessed it was Jameson's.

Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,
Eka-Taschenmesser, Stahl Aus-8, Leder-Steckscheide,

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent knife, 11 Oct. 2013
I would have given it 5 stars, but the two parts of the body that have been screwed together aren't flush. It's not a big enough fault to send the product back, but its not great quality control by the manufacturer. Apart from that its a decent knife with a quality blade at a good price.

Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt
Black and Decker GKC1817 Cordless Compact Chainsaw 18 volt

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 31 Aug. 2013
This is a really good piece of kit. If used within it's limitations it produces great results. It runs off a 18 v battery which doesn't last that long and it won't cut thick logs but that's wasn't what it was designed for. I've cut logs up to 6 inches thick, and with 2 full batteries have got 50 minutes cutting which gets through a lot of logs. It's light, starts up immediately without the trouble experienced with petrol saws. The oil leaks, but that's easily fixed. After each use I turn the saw upside down and pour the oil back into the bottle. It comes with a 2 year warranty,so Black & Decker are standing behind their product.

24 - Season 1 [DVD]
24 - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspend reality, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: 24 - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
24 is fantastic. Every episode ends in an old style cliff hanger. No one can we trusted and there are double crosses galore. Great escapist TV.

NordicTrack E9 ZL Elliptical Cross Trainer
NordicTrack E9 ZL Elliptical Cross Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Aug. 2013
Bought it to replace an Orbitrek that had broken. Couldn't believe the step up in quality. An absolutely fantastic product that is whisper quiet in operation. Bought it from Fitness Superstore as Amazon didn't have any in stock and got great service from them. This product is retailing for £699 on the Nordictrack site so £399 is a great price. Its gym quality for the home. Absolutely delighted with the purchase.

Westland Lawn Feed Weed and Moss Killer 100m2 Spreader
Westland Lawn Feed Weed and Moss Killer 100m2 Spreader

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 Jun. 2013
I followed the instructions to the letter. The spreader is completely useless. I've now got black lines across my garden. The product seems to work, but the spreader doesn't spread.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3