Profile for Dewdrop > Reviews

Content by Dewdrop

Dewdrop "dewdroperooneypoo" (Manchester, Lancs United Kingdom)

Making Vintage Bags: 20 Original Sewing Patterns for Vintage Bags and Purses
Making Vintage Bags: 20 Original Sewing Patterns for Vintage Bags and Purses
by Emma Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!! Best bag book ever!, 1 Nov. 2008
I've owned this book for a few years now. There's no word other than AMAZING to describe it! The Author, Emma Brennan, is a very clever lady. She explains everything, from which materials to use, to how to attach fastenings, and where to sew your "handmade by..." label in. Each bag is well-explained with plenty of photos and details. She even gives ideas on how to make the same bag with different fabrics for a totally different look. I've made many of these bags now and never run out of ideas. My favourite is the "Vivien" bag, luckily I found the exact same fabric as what the author made hers in, I looooove it!
This book has kept me inspired for years now and will continue to do so for many more years to come.
I'd recommend this book for beginners through to advanced. I'm very experienced in many different crafts, even though I knew most of the basics I still found this book very helpful with all the basics that can easily be forgotten and a lot more advanced things that the author explains in a real simple manor.
A must-have for all bag-makers!

Marilyn Monroe: Marilyn's Something's Got To Give [VHS]
Marilyn Monroe: Marilyn's Something's Got To Give [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, insightful and a treasure for all Marilyn fans, 8 Jan. 2003
My only disappointment with this documentary is that it is only 45 minutes in length! This video captures Marilyn at her very best, she looks so beautiful. It's very rare to ever see her reactions beyond the word "cut!" and here you get to see the real Marlilyn Monroe caught on tape forever-not just playing a character. This video sees her working on her very last film, documents her final year and shows her singing for the President. She looks so vulnerable and much too fragile for Hollywood, I think she was a genuinely lovely, real woman.