Profile for Aunty Ange > Reviews

Content by Aunty Ange

Aunty Ange (North Yorkshire, England)

TOMY Megasketcher
TOMY Megasketcher

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you ever get the feeling you are been ripped off?, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
As a childminder I usually have about three or four of these. A couple of them were just about unusable as they get a lot of use and were not rubbing out very well any more so I bought one in December (from Argos - sorry amazon but can't seem to review it on their site) and it no longer has an automatic return on the screen wiper so I thought it might be broken already.

I found the telephone number for Tomy and when I called I was told that it wasn't broken, the automated ones were costing too much to make and therefore they had changed them. This is a rip off as the quality is not as good as the previous ones (the screen is not as tough as if they press a bit hard you can see the words they have written scratched on the plastic and they don't rub out as well as they used to) and they no longer have the automatic return and yet they have not got any cheaper - yes there are discounts about but they are around the same price as they have been for the last five years taking inflation into account and there is nothing on any of the product details to say they have changed them.

I will not be buying any more megasketchers, I will be trying other models instead - I have purchased about ten in the last three years and previously thought they were great.....

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking to buy one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 9:24 PM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for the money, quick to put up, 10 July 2009
Very good tent, very quick to put up, lots of nice touches with the o rings on the guys for less pegs and the fact that you can attach the inner tent and then put the whole tent (inner and flysheet) up at once for speed.

Only problem we had was that the poles attach using the pin and ring system and one pole was just too long to fit, even by my husband, however as experience campers we modified the poles and now all seems perfect.

Not used it yet, just put it up to check it etc as its a birthday present but don't envisage any problems as the quality seems very good.