ARRAY(0xa8697b84)

Profile for Mr. S. Rafferty > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Rafferty

Mr. S. Rafferty

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mens Ladies Backpack Work Travel School Rucksack New (4059 Comics)
Mens Ladies Backpack Work Travel School Rucksack New (4059 Comics)
Offered by LCG OUTLET
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as vibrant as it seems, 20 Jan 2014
OK first thing that was noticed was that the colour of the bag was not near as vibrant as that in the picture - it looks faded. It had a terrible smell like fish!! Had to wash it before it could be used. It's only been a couple of days but the bag does appear quite flimsy.

I doubt it will hold out in the long run that is why I gave it three stars. It is more like a bag for going to the gym or for a swim rather than the school bag we got it for.

Defender STV632 Mega Sonic Scatter-Cat Gun
Defender STV632 Mega Sonic Scatter-Cat Gun
Price: 10.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit & Miss more Miss, 27 Mar 2013
I bought this not for cats but for dogs as I had read in the reviews it worked on them too. I had two dogs barking one behind the house and one at the side - a nightmare.

Two settings ultra sonic and sonic. The sonic setting took care of the Alsation within days - amazed. Very happy there, however the Labrador is a different kettle of canine and neither setting worked.

It's got three stars as it took care of half my problem. From what I can read it may or may not work for you but at the price it wont break the bank if it is useless and if it stops your troublesome dogs barking you wont be able to put up enough stars.

One for the gamblers out there!

PowerPlanet VW-VBX070 Panasonic High Capacity Compatible Video Camera 2 Year Warranty Battery for Panasonic HX-DC1, HX-DC2, HX-DC10, HX-DC15, HX-WA10

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and easy to use, 17 April 2012
This camera was bought to replace a DV tape camera so naturally the quality of the shots are going to be better and since I haven't taken a huge amount of video in different lights I cannot fully comment on that aspect.

What I can say is - it is small and fits nicely in the hand.Very simple to get shooting both stills and video. With is using micro SD cards it is very easy to transfer to a PC and that is a big bonus in my eyes.

The battery is complained about but if like myself you take short bursts of video, (as I suspect most people do), then there will be no problem. I purchased a back up battery on Amazon so that wasn't a problem for me, (haven't had to use the back up yet).

So the review is coming after little use but the initial results appear quite positive. I will drop a star for the battery and the fact that it doesn't have a carry case - although the kdis NDS case fits nicely.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great item but dangerous lead!!!1, 16 Mar 2012
First of all I will explain the 3 stars. This particular docking system gets 3 due to the faulty lead that has broken after very little use. It is actually snapped almost in half! Of course a lead with bare broken wires is a fire and shock hazard and I am very disappointed that it happened so easily.

Now the docking station itself is FANTASTIC. Great for people that have some older drives and want to make use of them. Great for taking out HD's in PC and cleaning them when you are prevented from doing so by viruses. Offers a good range of connection sata, ide, esata, card reader and usb, it has all you could wish for that way.

In summary great tool let down by shoddy work, thankfully I had another kettle lead so can continue using it, and am relieved that I noticed the lead before it was plugged in, (I use a lot of these type of leads in various things and NEVER have had one break on me like this). Get that sorted and it is a 5 star bit of kit.

Cancer Has Its Privileges: Stories of Hope and Laughter
Cancer Has Its Privileges: Stories of Hope and Laughter
by Christine Clifford
Price: 9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and thought provoking, 30 Dec 2011
I gave this as a present to someone with cancer, she enjoyed it, what more do I ahve to say?

Well I only glanced through it but it appears to take a lighter look at cancer as a way of approaching difficult subjects. There are some wonderful quotes about happiness and it appears to be well written and easy read, (I haven't read the full book only bits and pieces). The person who I got it for really enjoyed it - it made her think.

So imho it is worth the read.

Discriminating Metal Detector
Discriminating Metal Detector
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed Child at Christmas, 28 Dec 2011
My son was looking for a metal detector ALL YEAR so we arranged for Santa to bring one at Christmas. On opening the gift my son was ecstatic, however due to the terrible weather we could only use it indoors. All Christmas day was spent hiding pennies and waiting for dry weather. On the FIRST USE OUTDOORS, the unit failed. I changed batteries and made sure to check the instructions - just in case. My son was terribly disappointed and wanted to know why Santa would bring broken toys! When asked what the best part of Christmas was it was getting a metal detector - the worst part - was getting a broken one!

I would avoid this like the plague if you are buying for a child or at least make sure you check it well before handing it over.

In saying that the instructions were clear and easy to follow. The machine is flimsy but it is cheap and you wouldn't want a child to have to carry a heavy one.

I will be returning this ASAP.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 5:09 PM BST

Mains Charger For The Samsung Galaxy S Mobile Phone By King Of Gadgets
Mains Charger For The Samsung Galaxy S Mobile Phone By King Of Gadgets
Offered by POWERPLUS
Price: 4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and is cheap - what more do you want, 13 Mar 2011
Bought this for a friend who had lost theirs and was quoted 24.99 for a replacement one from Carphone Warehouse. She was reluctant to buy it herself as it seemed ridiculously cheap compared to what she was being told.

Well it was bought it works and it saved 20. Good bargain, (it must be noted that the charger is still quite new so no idea about longevity).

Extremely quick delivery - so far very happy.

90W Charger for Samsung R780 R730 R720 R719 R700 Laptop - Original Lavolta Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Plug Cord - 19V 4.74A
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer
Price: 17.90

3.0 out of 5 stars could be longer!, 13 Mar 2011
Not much you can say about chargers, they really either work or they don't, this one does. However, two small problems. The bit that connects to the laptop could fit a bit more snugly which I really don't like, the second is not so much a problem - the lead could be longer, although being fair it is longer that the one that came with the laptop.

My Pet Vet play set and pet pooch
My Pet Vet play set and pet pooch

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong supplies sent, 6 Feb 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Ordered this for a child for Christmas. On opening instead of the vet equipment there was grooming equipment. Not at all happy. Was offered 3 off as compensation. Maybe if the toy had been properly packed it may have been better.

Kinsman KS17 Black Heavy Duty Keyboard Stand
Kinsman KS17 Black Heavy Duty Keyboard Stand
Price: 22.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job for great price, 13 July 2010
What can I say, it holds the keyboard and can be adjusted it so you don't have to worry so much about getting the right chair. It was a lot cheaper than flimsier stands I saw elsewhere. Great buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3