Profile for Locomotion > Reviews

Locomotion

The Doors Jukebox
The Doors Jukebox

3.0 out of 5 stars Doors improved the originals, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Doors Jukebox (Audio CD)
The tracks on this CD serve to remind me what a great band The Doors were. The originals are good but don't compare to The Doors versions on their albums.

McKenzie Original Lumbar Roll
McKenzie Original Lumbar Roll
Offered by BabyMad Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars gentle reminder to sit up properly, 28 July 2010
Excellent product, fits nicely into the small of the back giving good support and results in improved posture and generally less tension in the neck/shoulder area.

Morrison Hotel
Morrison Hotel
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and blues at it's best, 5 Feb 2010
This review is from: Morrison Hotel (Audio CD)
This album came about in the enforced layoff after the infamous Miami concert. During that time the Doors got back to the levels of creativity that they showed in their first two albums. This CD is filled with great blues and rock songs, there are no fillers. I would recommend any Doors album for their great music and also for the way they were recorded - there is a feel of spaciousness in the songs (none of the modern day compression that spoils a lot of good music). The music on this CD still sounds contemporary, it hasn't dated at all.

Anne Peckham  Vocal Workouts For The Contemporary Singer Vce Book/Cd
Anne Peckham Vocal Workouts For The Contemporary Singer Vce Book/Cd
by Anne Peckham

5.0 out of 5 stars Installs self belief about own singing, 5 Feb 2010
As a non singer but hoping to get to karaoke level as soon as possible, this book and CD gets straight into exercises for vocals. Right from the offset, I have had the growing feeling that I can do - all I've got to do is get the book out and sing along with the CD on a regular basis. I recommend unreservedly.

How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live: Learning the Alexander Technique to Explore Your Mind-Body Connection and Achieve Self-Mastery
by Missy Vineyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Answered problem I had with the Alexander Technique, 30 Oct 2009
I have had some Alexander Technique lessons in the past and at that time I experienced more neck pain than I started with. After reading this book there appears to be a way forward for me to offset my tendency to create tension in my neck when I carried out the Alexander directions "Let the neck be free, so that the head can go forwards and up etc" . Missy Vineyard suggests the introduction of the thought "I want to not tighten my neck" to inhibit that tendency, before going on to give directions "I want to let my head be forward and up". For this reason alone I would have bought the book, as I have experienced less tension in my neck since applying the suggestion.

There are numerous exercises in the book which allow experimentation with all the concepts of the AT along with new ones introduced by Missy, in particular "turning on the Prefrontal Cortex" which activates the part of the brain that does the inhibiting to prevent habitual patterns of tension.

An excellent book and one I will be picking up to read and apply on a regular basis.