Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "I don't fear death, I just don't want to be around when it happens"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Townsmen Premium
Townsmen Premium

1.0 out of 5 stars Balance destroyed by greed, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Townsmen Premium (App)
As a paid game this is a total waste of time since their greed for money has affected the whole ballgame of the game making this an extremely boring experience. Here's the thing: by the time you reach level 9 there's not much room on the map left. You need to upgrade research for level 3 building which is locked till level 22!!
Each level takes at least 4 _ 6 hours to complete and it's boring apart from the fact that you've got so much on the map that any level increases aren't going to make that much difference top the fact that you've got no space left. When and if you ever get to those higher levels there's not a lot of point.

The developers would have you pay many times more than the cost of a decent pc game for the pleasure of getting more bored by the small map area you're given. Don't waste your money and above all stop supporting this kind of nasty wallet dipping business model. Is greedy, extortionate and unnecessary, especially since these guys are deceiving you in the first place by making you pay for a premium version that doesn't give you any added value at all and then trying to extract even more out of you.

Powerplus 135w Multitool Combitool Rotary 230v Multi Purpose Tool Dremel Compatible - Hobby, Craft, Jewellery, Model Making - Includes 40 Piece Accessories Kit, Flexible Extension and Bench Mount Stand Workstation POW1820 - 2 Year Home User Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a device of this price the review profile is excellent. It's too early for me to really say ..., 8 April 2015
For a device of this price the review profile is excellent. It's too early for me to really say if this is going to last. I just needed it for some occasional jobs and to remain handy for the odd times when you need to 'dremel' it. Frankly I was put off by the Dremel as not only are they exensive, they appear to be prone to failure and unreliable with very poor customer support.

This has more than most including the stand and a set of tools which are not fantastic in quality but will get most things done whilst you build up on your set of preferred bits. The flexi-tool is another bonus.

Time will tell if this is going to last but at this price it's not going to be a complete disaster if it fails.

One word of warning: Make sure you properly clamp your bit in the chuck and most important if you get something like this get yourself some eye protection. Don't use it without goggles!!

Cotton Labo Organic Cotton Puff Size M (200Pc)
Cotton Labo Organic Cotton Puff Size M (200Pc)
Offered by Santa Trading JP

5.0 out of 5 stars I doubt if you'll need the other product that's often recommended as THE Japanese cotton, 8 April 2015
I guess most people will be looking for this stuff for their vaping wicks. I doubt if you'll need the other product that's often recommended as THE Japanese cotton. This stuff it excellent for the task and you'll probably still have some left in 10 years time.

MANGER SUGAR SOAP POWDER (30 LITRE MIX LIQUID) TRADE PACK
MANGER SUGAR SOAP POWDER (30 LITRE MIX LIQUID) TRADE PACK
Offered by PINK AND BLUE GIFTS

5.0 out of 5 stars ... you need a lot of this stuff it's the best to get it in bulk and this represents value ..., 8 April 2015
If you need a lot of this stuff it's the best to get it in bulk and this represents value for money. If you've ever looked in B&Q for a small bottle or sugar soap you'll know what I mean

SanDisk SDDD-064G-FFP 64 GB Ultra Dual USB Drive - Frustration-Free Packaging
SanDisk SDDD-064G-FFP 64 GB Ultra Dual USB Drive - Frustration-Free Packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep it's good, 8 April 2015
Mehh what can you say, it's a Sandisk (providing you make sure to buy it from Amazon direct - remember Sandisks are one of the most cloned of all the memory devices). Not blindingly fast frankly but good enough for what I need it for.

One problem I encountered was the file system when formatting. Windows won't format with fat32 and this caused a problem when reading from certain devices. Eg. my Asus router wouldn't look at it at all. There may be other devices so those that might complain about this you need to get a 3rd party utility to format it as Fat32 (google it). Once you do that it should be good on most things.

MANNA Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch Case Smart Cover | Stand function & CleverStrap | Brown
Offered by LEICKE Germany

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but one problem ......, 8 April 2015
Galaxy Tab s 8.4
Whilst this case is smart and looks good what worried me before I bought it was those flaps on the inside of the cover. Would they interfere with the screen or not?
When the case arrived, sure enough they wouldn't allow the case to close, popping off the clip everytime. I just can't believe that they thought these were a good idea without providing a proper recess for them.

Having decided that the rest of the case will suit my needs I immediately cut the flaps off thereby invalidating any warranty which is annoying but there you go. If you buy this case don't expect those flaps to allow the case to close properly, even if it does close there will be a great deal of pressure on the screen and a lump in the case. Note: I can only speak for the device I bought it for, this may not be a problem on a 10" tab but you'll have to take the chance.

Not much else to say here, without the flaps the case is no longer distorted when shut and looks very nice. As for protection, like most cases sides will be exposed but it's good enough without getting a more restrictive case that covers everything.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smartphone - Black
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Smartphone - Black
Offered by matzgom

3.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - Grey Imports, 24 Nov. 2013
I have just found out today that my phone is from the Philippines (or Malaysia). If you got this phone without a sticker that talks about the region lock then yes you won't have a locked phone (they don't lock the Philippines ones) but you will lose your UK warranty as Samsung have told me that I'd need to send it to the country of purchase.

Whilst I was happy to see that not all phones were region locked they this isn't acceptable to me. Currently Samsung have asked me to provide the IEMI number to confirm it's origin and I will report here if they deem it to be in warranty here.

How do you know your phone is not from the EU?

1) Was there no sticker on the box that said this is locked to the EU till you activate it with a EU sim first?

2) Key in the following into the phone keypad *#1234#
You will get 3 pieces of information - here is mine

AP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CSC:N9005OLBBMI3

Go to Sammobile.com and type in the CSC number in the search box for firmware and the country of origin will show up.

The above firmware comes up as the Phillipines (global).

Amazon have informed me that if you buy direct from them can they guarantee that you will get an EU phone with a valid warranty. All those that think they are saving money by buying under 500 have to weigh this decision against the probability that if you have a problem you are going to have to send it back to Asia and Samsung have only suggested they will help.

You have been warned. I bought mine from Tedrex btw, take your chances from any of the others as these sellers don't seem to have any now.

UPDATE: Well after several emails back and forth with Samsung service center (where they contradicted themselves a couple of times) I have had it finally spelled out for me that they will refuse to service my phone in the UK if it goes wrong. I will have to send it all the way back to Malasia which I think is unacceptable. I really wish that Amazon would stop these market sellers from selling grey imports and deceiving people into believing they are getting a valid UK product
Comment Comments (52) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 10:12 PM BST

SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal][3-PACK]**Value Pack** Premium Front Screen Protector for Galaxy Note III - Clear
Offered by Spigen UK Store

2.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money down the drain, 5 Nov. 2013
Well this was just a disaster. I used all 3. If you don't get it right the first time you will never get rid of the bubbles and any dust particles will produce a bubble round it that will not every go.

Using the sticker to remove the dust works but you'll soon find there are other particles that appear so you keep pulling it up to remove those. It's a never ending cycle.
On my last try I almost did it but one particle bothered me and so again I lifted up to remove that but it now looks a complete mess. You seem to have bubbles on the edge that will never go perhaps because the edge contacts the plastic.

I wasted 8 quid on 3 tries and it still looks horrible.

Pen is sticky but as other reviewers have said the tips are interchangeable and will probably solve it however, for me this is unacceptable - I prefer to have something that looks good rather than a bubble mess that makes the device look second hand.

ASUS U3S6, 2x USB 3.0/2x SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe x4
ASUS U3S6, 2x USB 3.0/2x SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe x4

3.0 out of 5 stars If you need one this may be an option, 31 Oct. 2013
I know these have issues highlighted by one user (Jeff uk) but I decided to go for it and observe some of the advice. ie. only use on Sata port and frankly this I bought for the addition of the usb 3.0 mainly.

I'm sure that the same will apply to that though. Using more than one will mean it's going to have to share the bandwidth but I'm happy to have a little more sata speed on my X58 P6T deluxe and a USB 3.0 to attach some external drives to.

That's it basically, there are very few PCIE x4 boards to choose from if you want the bandwidth and since I have the Asus compatible board I opted for this one. It's ok, not ground breaking but for the time being better than buying a new MB and cpu for a while.

Many of you will perhaps consider one of these because you want to attach your SSDs to it. I tried to do that however, although the bios recognised it ok it failed to boot leading me to think that really I might need to re format and start again. For that I couldn't be bothered especially since the comments by Jeff uk on the using different drivers affects speed and trim commands (read his review). I decided to attach my WD black to it as I prefer to up the speed of that. My SSD works fast enough so it's a compromise which I'm happy with.

Price is reasonable

WD 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive OEM - Black
WD 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive OEM - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars WD is the only choice left .., 31 Oct. 2013
My opinion of course (maybe Samsung) but I've had my fill of Hitachi and Seagate - their failure rates are far too high these days.

This is my first black drive - I bought a 1TB and 2TB and unfortunately the 1TB decided not to show itself to the bios for 3-5 mins after turning on my machine so it had to go back.

Apart from that they are fast and have a 5 year warranty (regardless of whether you purchase the retail or OEM verson). No other manufacturer does that and, so it's peace of mind and since one of my last drives went down 2 months after the 3 year warranty ran out I figure it's worth the extra cost for an extra 2 years especially since the prices of HDDs seems to have finally returned to their pre-disaster levels.

Some say they are noisy (or noisier than the blues) - I've not found that to be the case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3