Profile for Sean > Reviews

Sean

London Evening Standard
London Evening Standard

2.0 out of 5 stars Content Good, But Format Poor, 9 Sept. 2010
I love my Kindle for reading books - where you basically read form cover to cover - but have decided that it's just not a 'newspaper' device. The content of this paper is pretty good, but the format of the Kindle's newspaper reader makes it so hard to browse and scan through pages. There are very few pictures and it's not a particularly rewarding read. I find my iPad a much nicer device to read news on because I can flip through pages and view pictures like a real paper, plus you get the bonus of video and audio material as well as text articles (although the iPad's not as good for reading books, especially outside!).

The Independent
The Independent

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet my expectations, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Independent (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to having a quality newspaper delivered to me electronically every morning, but this does not do it for me. I don't really like the layout - it's not very easy to browse - and, more importantly, I don't really like the writing style. I expect my news to be clearly reported, concise and factual. But so many articles in the front "News" section seem to be opinion pieces. There's no sense of what the day's important issues are since there is no "cover" and there seems to be far to much sport, although even here since there are very few action pictures or league tables and results so you aren't able to simply dip in to catch up on the previous day's key scores. In summary, this is *not* the future of news print. I might buy a copy every now and then to read on a journey, but I'm probably going to cancel my 14 day free trial early.