Profile for K. L. Hermanson > Reviews

Content by K. L. Hermanson

K. L. Hermanson (Reading, UK)

The Roads to Sata: A 2000-mile Walk Through Japan (Origami Classroom)
The Roads to Sata: A 2000-mile Walk Through Japan (Origami Classroom)
by Alan Booth

4.0 out of 5 stars Read before you travel to Japan!, 27 Feb 2010
I read this before I travelled to Japan and it made everything so much more understandable. His walk is a great adventure and very inspiring!

Making Bread at Home
Making Bread at Home
by Tom Jaine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the budding baker, 27 Feb 2010
This review is from: Making Bread at Home (Hardcover)
This book has all kinds of recipes from many parts of the world. It has taken my bread baking to a new level and I still have lots of fun recipes to try!

Philips HQ6970 Male Shaver
Philips HQ6970 Male Shaver
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 64.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic shaver, 27 Feb 2010
I got the shaver a few weeks ago. I had previously been wet shaving with a razor, but didn't do so often because of all the rigamorole plus it is cold to take your top off in the morning in winter. It took a couple of weeks for my skin to get used to the difference, but I love it now and shave every day to my fiance's joy. If you have fairly weak beard growth, like me, I can definitely recommend this shaver. Only needs charging once a week!

Teach Yourself Instant Japanese Book/CD Pack (Teach Yourself Instant Courses)
Teach Yourself Instant Japanese Book/CD Pack (Teach Yourself Instant Courses)
by Elisabeth Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Japanese an Instant Hit!, 1 Nov 2009
Well organised and very good. It dispenses with all the intricacies that you have to learn if you want to speak properly. Instead, it teaches the basics you need to be able to communicate travel-related issues. It doesn't matter if you make mistakes, the emphasis is on starting to communicate, which I think is a good approach. Buy a few months before you travel to Japan and your trip will be that much better!

Surf Science: An Introduction to Waves for Surfing
Surf Science: An Introduction to Waves for Surfing
by Tony Butt
Price: 18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Relevant Science for Surfing, 1 Nov 2009
I like this book. It gives a good introduction the science behind waves and their formation and transformation as they travel towards the coast. Good for anyone who fancies starting to find their own breaks and make their own forecasts from buoys.

Japanese (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
Japanese (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
by Yoshi Abe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Phrasebook, 1 Nov 2009
I got the Chinese one before I went to China and it was very useful. I haven't been to Japan yet, but it looks like it has a very comprehensive selection of phrases. It also has cultural tips and a mini-dictionary. I recommend this for any traveller, expecially if you're going to spend an extended time in Japan.

Plantronics Audio 320 Skype & VOIP Compatible Computer Headset
Plantronics Audio 320 Skype & VOIP Compatible Computer Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 18 Nov 2007
This is a great headset. It is comfortable to wear and easy to use. I made some calls with Skype and the receiver says the quality is good on their end as well.

I haven't seen a trace of the voucher yet though...