Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Offered by Whitebox Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 19 Jan 2013
We had actually 2 of those. The first one lasted for about 3 years. In a family with 2 young children that was not-too-bad, but not good either. The second one lasted 15 month when its mother board malfunctioned. Indesit proves the point that "you get what you pay for". Personally, I will never, ever buy anything with Indesit written on it. Unless you are desperate, do NOT buy these machines.

Men's Health Big Book of Exercises
Men's Health Big Book of Exercises
by Adam Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical guide for beginners to intermediate exercisers, 4 Feb 2012
I found Men's Health Big Book of Exercise to be a great help.

I am coming from a practical angle - the sport and nutrition science discussed in other reviews goes straight over my head.

My starting point was: middle aged, overweight and confused what to do. I went to the gym 6 month prior to buying the book 3 times a week doing only cardio: rowing, x-trainer, stepper, crunches, etc. That lost me about 6 kg (1 stone) and I got stuck.

When I read the Men's Health Big Book of Exercises advice "you need to do weights" I was really sceptical. However, I followed the (excellent) workout plans in the back of the book and my weight loss got moving again - about 4.5 kg IN A MONTH. This will obviously slow down, but their advice was spot on for me.

I would look at the book as a "beginners to intermediate" guide, written in plain layman's language the average (and not obsessed) man can actually understand. As all sports books, I recommend to read the summary, do the trial and error thing and reread the chapters properly once you start getting the hang of it.

Personally, I am very grateful to Men's Health for having published the book, which has really met my needs.