ARRAY(0xafd9b84c)

Profile for J. A. Boler > Reviews

Content by J. A. Boler

J. A. Boler (Chesterfield UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
Blood Song: Book 1 of Raven's Shadow
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best i have read for a while, 23 July 2013
I'm only a third into this book at the moment but just wanted to say that it has been a long time since a book has made me just want. To sit and read it all day - totally engrossing and well written, an excellent debut, I know for certain that I will be buying the following books in this series.

Authentic RDX Dipping Belt body building weight Dip Lifting Chain
Authentic RDX Dipping Belt body building weight Dip Lifting Chain
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 19.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 July 2013
Not bought one of these before but it seems to be good quality, no complaints , it does everything that I need it to do, arrived quickly

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great,great,great!, 19 July 2013
Thought long and hard before buying this as I really liked my kindle keyboard, my only reason for upgrading was that I had the lighted cover and the light had stopped working, I had a look for a new cover and no one seemed to stock them anymore so I ordered a paper white - and I love it! Smaller than the keyboard version and easy to hold, the in built light stops my wife moaning when I read in bed as the brightness can be adjusted, had it about three weeks now and it is still over half charged, I really like how you can tap the screen to see how long is left in the chapter and also the book.

I bought the more expensive case which I also thought about quite a lot first as some reviewers have said that it is not worth the money, I disagree, it looks good and compliments the kindle perfectly.

The kindle was very easy to set up and to download my unread books from my account, it was also very easy to rename my kindle keyboard to my wife's name, I have left it on my account so I get to pay for her books and I can choose which device my new purchases are delivered to.

I also get to moan about my wife having the light on whilst reading in bed now.

All in all I couldn't be more happy with the purchases, thanks amazon.

P.S
It was also delivered very quickly

Accurist Gents Black Ceramic Case and Bracelet Watch MB992S
Accurist Gents Black Ceramic Case and Bracelet Watch MB992S
Price: 80.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but broke after a week, 14 July 2013
A very nice looking watch however after a week my 19 month old daughter managed to get hold of it and managed to break the strap, the actual link of the strap has broken into pieces! Now either I have given birth to super girl or this watch is not made of quality materials.

Complete Vampire Chronicles: 4 in 1
Complete Vampire Chronicles: 4 in 1
by Anne Rice
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 21.72

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 3 Mar 2011
Firstly i would like to point out that the books themselves are very good - which is why i ordered this set after reading the books a few years ago.
I mistakenly thought that this was the first four books in one nice, big volume, it's not, it's four single books i a set.

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
by Patrick Rothfuss
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpectedly brilliant, 13 Jan 2011
Bought this book a while ago and after reading the first few pages filed it next to my bed for a few months, after reading a review on here i started reading it again and was very pleasantly surprised.
What should from experience be a rather boring book proved to be un-putdownable, its quite long and in small print but to counter this is (in my opinion) very well written,it is basically the main character Kvothe telling the story of his life which is what originally put me off but it does get very intresting and this never fades away, even the obligatory 'man with a funny accent' was to ok read, sets the story very well for the next book which is out in march and i really hope it is as good as this debut.

Lisey's Story
Lisey's Story
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars depends whatyou are expecting, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Lisey's Story (Kindle Edition)
In my opinion there are two types of stephen king story - his general horror, which are very good, and books like this which in my opinon are very well written, quite subtle and thought provoking, as i write this review it has been i think a couple of years since i read Liseys Story but i remember it a one of my favourites and am about to download it for the kindle.
It is quite long but a very good read, if you are trying to decide whether to buy it or not then please do and stick with it.

Life: Keith Richards
Life: Keith Richards
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, 5 Dec 2010
Bought this book because i didnt really know much about Keith Richards but was interested after hearing Bill Hicks refer to him, not a fan of the Rolling Stones either so didn't expect much.
However once i started to read i found it hard to put down, Keith has led a very interesting life and gives an informative and intelligent account of his adventures, this book as you might expect goes quite deeply into the technicalaties of music, again something of no real interest to me but was still very readable.
One reviewer has stated their dislike at Keiths use of language about women ( chicks, bitches etc.), we are reading this book to gain an insight into how his mind works and for someone who has been living Keiths life for so long around the people that he has been around it seems to be just the use of language that he is used to rather than a lack of respect for women ( he also rather ammusingly refers to other musicians as cats).
Overall a very interesting book, also quite a lot longer than i expected and well worth a read whether a fan or not.

The Weirdstone Of Brisingamen (Collins Voyager)
The Weirdstone Of Brisingamen (Collins Voyager)
by Alan Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars a blast from the past, 1 July 2010
We read this book and the next one (moon of gomrath) in school when i was eight (36 now), i always remember it as the first book that totally sucked me in to its magical world and i couldnt wait to fid out what happened every day, it made me a lifelong fantasy fan.

Bad Things
Bad Things
by Michael Marshall
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointing, 18 April 2010
This review is from: Bad Things (Paperback)
Although i did not finish this book as i got bored with it i did find myself genuinley scared, mr marshall does have a talent for creating some really creepy, frightening moments (at this point i wonder why i really stopped reading it), anyone who likes that sort of thing should take a look

Page: 1 | 2