Profile for Mrs. S. F. Di Milo > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. F. Di Milo

Mrs. S. F. Di Milo "Susanna Di Milo" (Southern Uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Raine
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully uplifting, 8 April 2014
I missed the first series on TV so bought this to get up to speed and what a delight it is. Not only is it full of wonderful music from the era, but I found I became attached to all the characters in a very short space of time. It is uplifting, loyalty, hard work and friendship prevail, even in an impoverished community.

Quite simply brilliant.

Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - Green
Whirlpool Max Microwave with Steam Function - Green
Price: 150.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Very neat, 8 April 2014
This is a very good microwave it takes up smaller space in a corner, but however there are compromises, it is a lot taller and I find I cannot put in jugs as it is not as high internally. the workings are stashed underneath the microwave which makes it taller but not any roomier inside. I think if I had been able to actually see this before I bought it I might not have chosen it. It is very expensive for what it is.

Heart Thoughts: A Treasury of Inner Wisdom
Heart Thoughts: A Treasury of Inner Wisdom
by Louise Hay
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a delightful book, 8 April 2014
The beautiful colour illustrations are so lovely to dip in and out of. Coupled with Louise's wonderful wise words I often dip in to it most days. It would make a great gift.

Vintage Swimwear Patterns: Historical Patterns and Techniques
Vintage Swimwear Patterns: Historical Patterns and Techniques
by Jill Salen
Price: 13.60

3.0 out of 5 stars A good reference book, 8 April 2014
It is lovely to look at the examples of vintage items - the photographs are good and there is some interesting information about the item.

Had I picked this up in a bookshop I would most likely not have purchased it, however i ordered it because I thought it would have patterns and construction techniques that would help me to create my own vintage style swimwear.

The patterns are too small - you have to scale them up - that was quite disappointing as I was expecting patterns I could actually use rather than draft myself. Most of them are overlaid as well, and they are very small.

There are only two projects on how to make your own versions, the instructions - the rest do not include instructions nor detailed pictures, some of the patterns only have one front image for you to work out how to do it.

I don't doubt Jill Salen's knowledge and skills, but feel that this did not deliver quite what I was hoping for.

Bustle & Sew Magazine February 2014: Issue 37
Bustle & Sew Magazine February 2014: Issue 37
by Helen Dickson
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magazine, 8 April 2014
This is a lovely magazine, having had email versions for a while, it is nice to have something that I can hold in my hands.

Helen Dickson manages to create wonderful original ideas consistently every month, - and there are none of the adverts taking up pages it is all content and inspiration! From little cute cuddles to home furnishings and beautiful embroidery that will be treasured - the projects vary.

The Overlocker Technique Manual: The Complete Guide to Serging and Decorative Stitching
by Julia Hincks
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant overlocker guide, 8 April 2014
This book has been wonderful, very well laid out and clear pictures and text, the descriptions and instructions are very well written.

I have been using my overlocker for a good five years, but never really got to grips with it, it works well but more by luck than judgment. This book has not only demystified the process, but has also shown me how many possibilities this machine has to offer.

I have been sewing for over twenty years, but I learned a great deal. One to have as a reference on your sewing room bookshelf, if only for the fault finding - solutions sections.

I Can Do It! 2014 Calendar: 365 Daily Affirmations
I Can Do It! 2014 Calendar: 365 Daily Affirmations
by Louise Hay
Edition: Calendar
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great thoughts, 21 Jan 2014
I had one of these a few years ago and really loved it, but I did not realise this was a photograph version. The photographs are lovely but I miss the beautiful art of earlier versions.

Always full of great wisdom, it amazes me how many times the affirmations are just right for the my day! wonderful pocket sized wisdom.

Fireside Book Annual 2012 (Annuals 2012)
Fireside Book Annual 2012 (Annuals 2012)
by David Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little gem, 21 Jan 2014
I used to read my Nan's version of these when I was younger, they are such a lovely little companion with a reading for every day. I think People's friend have now taken over the publishing.

With a mixture of short thoughts, poems and lovely illustrations it is a lovely book.

You Can Heal Your Life
You Can Heal Your Life
by Louise L. Hay
Edition: Calendar

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought the audio version of this, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Calendar)
And it therefore does not benefit from chapters and titles. I love Louise Hay books, the artwork is always so inspiring, but you don't get that with the audio version. While I believe that there is a lot of useful advice, it is just a lady really reading out case notes. I did not feel I got any possible solution as I wanted to find a cure for headaches - the problem with the audio version is that you cannot skip to another chapter it is all recorded in one hit. I therefore lost interest before I got to the useful part.

I am sure the book would be much more useful, but the audio book wasn't, it is such a pity. I hope that they start to include chapters and titles more.

Littleover Apiaries Pure Lavender Honey 340 g (Pack of 4)
Littleover Apiaries Pure Lavender Honey 340 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Ainley Organics
Price: 18.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious honey, 21 Jan 2014
It is so hard to get lavender honey now, lavender has such wonderful properties passed on in the honey, if you are looking for something soothing and calming it is wonderful in hot milk, a cup full of comfort. The honey tastes lovely, has a nice consistency and does not go hard. The package arrived very quickly after the order and was well wrapped up with no breakages.

I like to support local producers, I think there is more to gain by products produced in the country you are living in, there is also a suggestion that eating local honey helps hay fever, but I am not entirely sure about that since I haven't suffered from it myself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5