Profile for Lorenzo > Reviews

Content by Lorenzo

Lorenzo "Lorenzo Wanderer 07" (Rome Italy)

Gustav Mahler. The Conductors' Interviews: English Version
Gustav Mahler. The Conductors' Interviews: English Version
by Wolfgang Schaufler

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 20 Sept. 2014
This book is very interesting. Reading all conductor's interview about Gustav Mahler gives the reader a great opportunity to better understand Mahler and the conductors as well. Personally I appreciate very much What was told by Claudio Abbado, Daniel Barenboim. I strongly reccomend to read it!
Lorenzo

Duronic SP300R 2.4GHz Smart-Pointer RF Wireless Plug and Play Presenter, Laser Pointer with Case - Red
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice, 2 Jun. 2012
I am very happy with this product I recently bought.

The box arrived in perfect conditions. I am in the training field doing classes very often, so that I used it immediately.
It is very helpful, very well designed and done.

Before I use it for the first time...it even fell down to the floor and was able to withstand this without any problem,

I strongly recommend to buy it.

Verdi: Messa da Requiem
Verdi: Messa da Requiem

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply A MUST, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Verdi: Messa da Requiem (Audio CD)
I would strongly reccomed to buy it, not only because I went twice to the concert hall last january in Rome to attend the concert live (that was really amazing), but also because from my point of view is a great performance.

Since the beginning you can easily appreciate the beautiful start of Requiem and Dies Irae. In the Tuba Mirum, Maestro Pappano put the offstage trumpets just opposite the stage at the very top of the concert hall near some of the audience. This had created a particular effect between the trumpets on stage and those offstage, that I've never heard before. It seemed that you were able to listen some music in a sort of three-dimensional way.

The Orchestra and the Chorus followed their conductor in such a good way that they were able to achieve their maximum giving the 101%. (Last year the Orchestra celebrated their 100 years of activity and the Title of the celebration itself was "100 and 101" meaning 100 players plus one conductor)
The singers to the rest. I cannot mention all the tracks... but listen to the Ingemisco or appreciate the Libera me, which conclude the play.

From my point of view it was a pity that EMI has not decided to insert the big applause and ovation at the end. It could have helped to understand what was the audience idea of that concert. I tell this because I have some EMI cds of Maestro Celibidache, where with the applause at the end you feel like you were in the concert hall.

Anyway, waste no time. Buy and listen this wonderful cd!

Lorenzo

As you might already know this cd has won the 2010 BBC music awards...this probably means that I was right to consider this cd a wonderful one...
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2009 5:03 AM BST

Antonio Pappano: Con Passione
Antonio Pappano: Con Passione
by Lucrèce Maeckelbergh

5.0 out of 5 stars A special man who is a wonderful Conductor, 9 Mar. 2009
The book is very well written and you can easily read it very quickly.
I found very interesting read how the people who worked or are working with Maestro Pappano think of him.
I was very impressed also by a story which simply tell how this man is.

A singer who has his mother sick with Alzheimer disease remembers that every time he met the conductor, his first question was : "How about your mother ?". The singer surprisingly tells us that the Maestro, of course, doesn't even know her...but still it is very important for the singer himself receiving that kind of attention for a problem that is so important for him.

I think that the reason why Pappano is able to conduct in such a wonderful way is his ability to create a good relathionship with all those involved in preparing the music they are going to play. It is also very interesting to see that the majority of people who are interwied in this book like him very much: firtly as a man and then as a conductor. Of course you can also find someone who doesn't have this kind of feeling, but just a few.

Anyway, it is really very interesting to read this book, and I would strongly reccomend.

Comment Comment | Permalink