Profile for sam410 > Reviews

How to Have a Healthy Divorce: A Relate Guide
by Paula Hall
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 16 April 2012
This book is more about coming to terms to do with the break up of a relationship than to do with divorce, if you are looking for a book that some how justifies your break up or makes you feel better than this isn't the book for you! it looks at the things you may have done wrong, how to avoid them in the future and more practical things like how to manage your friends, time and money. It is great for self analysis, infact i only made it half way through when i realised that i was giving up on my marriage with not alot of thought and it wasnt what i actually wanted, i then organised marriage guidance and bought the relate better realationships book!!!

The Relate Guide To Better Relationships: Practical Ways to Make Your Love Last From the Experts in Marriage Guidance (Relate Guides)
by Sarah Litvinoff
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book from relate, 16 April 2012
this book has been great, the 'tasks' have proved to be interesting and challenging, i bought two copies one for my husband and one for me and we are working through them together. this book looks at some of the things that influence our relationships and the choices we make within them. Relate book are great!

An Unquiet Mind: A memoir of moods and madness
An Unquiet Mind: A memoir of moods and madness
by Kay Redfield Jamison
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting book, 16 April 2012
I really enjoyed readinbg this book, the author is a renowned phyciatris in the area of bipolar however her personal experiences were a joy to read and its great to know there are other people out there going through the same things as me. this is quite an academicly wrote book and my mum who has no qualifications struggled to read it and all the long words in it. I really enjoyed it though.

The Church of Facebook: How the Hyperconnected Are Redefining Community
The Church of Facebook: How the Hyperconnected Are Redefining Community
by Jesse Rice
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone on Facebook should read this book!!!!, 20 Feb 2012
This has been one of the most interesting books i have read in the past year. it has great examples of phsycology behind social media, it is wrote from a personal approach and is very light hearted. if you feel challenged on your facebook use then read this first, with the introducton of timeline and this book i am now culling and rearranging my priorities to social media. Its not really about church but about groups of people doing the same this, read this book NOW, its is so good!!!

Momentum: What God Starts, Never Ends
Momentum: What God Starts, Never Ends
by Bill Johnson
Price: 8.37

3.0 out of 5 stars A Different look at inheritance, 19 Feb 2012
This is an interesting book, not to heavy on theology, yet still indepth enough for academics to enjoy reading. Eric is definately influenced by his father bills work and life, and this book talks of the inheritance he has accepted. i didnt agree with all of the ideas put forward in this book but it challenged me on some of my perceptions. well worth a read.

Sight Words (Flash Kids Flash Cards)
Sight Words (Flash Kids Flash Cards)
by Flash Kids Editors
Edition: Cards
Price: 3.58

3.0 out of 5 stars sight words, 3 Nov 2011
this set is good for 'hot housing' your kids, there are no games that come with it like the biff chip and kipper sets and it is very much a show and repeat method, we are not a fan and havnt used them yet (maybe its cause we prefere phonics and with sight words this method doesnt work who know?) buy them anyway they are cheap enough...

Sew!
Sew!
by Cath Kidston
Price: 11.20

3.0 out of 5 stars ok ish, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sew! (Paperback)
Like the stitch book this is more old fashioned than vintage, who wants to make a peg bag these days? its very school sewing project. I havnt been able to make the bag as you need a sewing machine and the book sold itself as being for complete beginners, which i am and i dont own one. probably worth buying for the project if you have a machine and it looks good on your book case, i must stop buying this cath kidson series as they have all been dissapointing.

Cath Kidston Stitch!
Cath Kidston Stitch!
by Cath Kidston
Price: 10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars An Ok book, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Cath Kidston Stitch! (Paperback)
I do love Cath Kidson things but they are always a little expensive to buy, i thought this would be good to make my own things but it was a little dissapointing, the projects in this book are just a little bit to twee for me, i mean who wants to make a peg bag these days? they are very remenisant of school sewing projects and i love vintage but it needs to be more contemporary for me. if your after traditional this is for you. the instructions are clear 'ish' and the projects are ok, it probably is worth buying for the purse and the 'look good' factor on your book shelf, but i've had mine 6month and never used it (except to make the purse)

The Quilter's Bible: The Indispensable Guide to Patchwork, Quilting and Applique
by Linda Clements
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book., 3 Nov 2011
this is by far the best stitching/quilting book i have ever bought, it tells you in plain none 'expert sewer' language how do start, progress, where to find out more info, tools to buy, and everything you could need to know about quilting, the patterns aren't the best but the book is a great basic for technique, and doesnt sell its self on its patterns anyway, there are other books for this. The projects on how to get started and practice your new techiques are also very good, shame they dont tell you how to make the cover project though. I have managed to easily make my 1st english paper piece (hexagon) quilt with my own design and put a border on it using this book alone, a must buy for a first or old timer.

Why I Love My Daddy
Why I Love My Daddy
by Daniel Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars so so cute, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Why I Love My Daddy (Paperback)
this book is a follow on from the I love my mummy book and is really the same but with dad, and it includes things dads do more like fixing things (I guess its quite steryotypical but we dont mind that) and they saying are things children say, we love to floow reading the book with the game, i love my daddy becasuse he... and i love my son because he... its great to get your kids thinking about the reasons we love each other and our unique qualities and differences.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6