Profile for Virago > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Deeply Unlovable
Deeply Unlovable

5.0 out of 5 stars A great message, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Deeply Unlovable (MP3 Download)
"No self respect til we reject the tags they hang around our necks. Cos they divide us to undermine us. Puke wax nip tuck, nothing's ever good enough. But it's a game. It's all a game. It's just a game, and we don't need to play your game."

eBags Slim Packing Cubes - Assorted 3 Piece Set (Black)
eBags Slim Packing Cubes - Assorted 3 Piece Set (Black)
Offered by eBags marketplace

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Aug. 2015
Really useful when packing a backpack for my RTW trip.

Teva Tirra Leather Women's Sandal, Brown (Marron), 6 UK
Teva Tirra Leather Women's Sandal, Brown (Marron), 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars no problems with fit, 28 Aug. 2015
I can't comment yet on how these hold up when walking across various terrrains for hours on end, there are some straps that feel like they might rub a bit but generally they are light and comfortable with a really tough but cushioned sole. I deliberated for days over which size to buy as many of the previous reviews said they were really small. Ended up getting a size 6 which is what I normally wear and they fit fine. I sometimes squeeze into a 5 but more often than not I wear a 6. The size bigger may have been a little roomier at the toe end but perhaps the straps would have been too big. Picture attached.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Eshow Men's Retro Multifunction Canvas Cross Body Messenger Bag, Olive
Eshow Men's Retro Multifunction Canvas Cross Body Messenger Bag, Olive
Offered by SinoEshow

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour (I got the brown one) and feels good quality. Like all the zippy compartments, 20 Aug. 2015
Exactly what I needed as my small extra piece of hand luggage for the plane. Only need it to fit some books and a few essentials in. It's more than big enough. Lovely colour (I got the brown one) and feels good quality. Like all the zippy compartments. Will be useful when not travelling too. V happy!

No Logo
No Logo

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: No Logo (MP3 Download)
Great track, great video [...] great b-side!

Check out Obsessive Compulsive if you are looking for a true alternative to the mainstream.

Spellbound [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Spellbound [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and clever, 31 Jan. 2005
This is a documentary film that follows the lives of 8 American high school kids (aged 11-15?) as they pit their wits against other clever-clogs in the national Spelling Bee. I had heard good things about this film although the subject matter didn't exactly appeal to me but I thought I'd check it out. I found it really enjoyable, funny and educational, heheh, I couldn't have pronounced many of the words they were given, let alone spell them! I found myself rooting for certain characters and was just thoroughly entertained the whole time.

The Boondock Saints [DVD]
The Boondock Saints [DVD]
Dvd ~ Willem Dafoe
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 31 Jan. 2005
This review is from: The Boondock Saints [DVD] (DVD)
This is definitely the best film I've watched this year. It's a violent story of two Irish lads in New York who take it upon themselves to methodically rid the city of it's biggest and most dangerous criminals. Fantastically acted, filmed, written, Willem Dafoe as the head cop battling a moral dilemma (are these men saints or sinners?!) is phenomenal. I can't say enough good things about this movie. Watch it now!!!

French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure
French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure
by Mireille Guiliano

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 31 Jan. 2005
I read this in about a day because it was so deliciously written that I just sailed through it. A sort of biography/recipe book/weight loss plan but more than that too. I liked the title and am interested in nutrition and eating right, but I love cheese, and bread, so of course I wanted the answer to the title's paradox. I'm not convinced that it's as easy as the author makes out to be your ideal weight without depriving yourself whatsoever in the food stakes but I picked up lots of handy tips to try anyway. I'd recommend reading this book even if you're not really bothered about your weight because it's a lovely little story and beautifully written. There are recipes dotted about amidst the pages, some of which I mean to try as soon as possible, others didn't appeal to me that much but they are all really simple and straightforward. Definitely more of chick's book but would appeal to women of any age.

LifeSmart: Get the Facts, Follow the Steps, Feel the Difference
LifeSmart: Get the Facts, Follow the Steps, Feel the Difference
by Carole Caplin

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and educational., 31 Jan. 2005
I've been slowly reading this book since the beginning of January as it is a lifestyle manual written by a very experienced Nutritionist and Health 'Guru' so I wanted to slowly absorb the ideas and lessons rather than blasting through it. I'm very interested in health and nutrition and especially ways to change my lifestyle to benefit my wellbeing so I found this book extremely interesting and eye-opening. It Is far less concerned with diet than with alternative therapies, exercise and reduction of toxins in our systems. I half expected it to be yet another faddy diet book but actually found it to be a highly informative 'encyclopedia' almost of knowledge about how to basically look after yourself better!
The nasty chemicals and toxins that I already knew to avoid by eating organic are revealed to be also found in less obvious places such as dental amalgams and even toiletries. It made me rethink my use of commercial products and I am definitely going to look into completely natural alternatives to my skincare products, household cleaners etc.
I also found this book to be very interesting as regards homeopathic medicine, alternative therapies and vitamins. I have suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks for most of my adult life, have tried therapy and am currently taking anti-depressants (which are very helpful!) but I am now going to have a chat with my doctor about possible complimentary therapies I could try such as ART, acupressure and the like. There is a wealth of information in the book and I found it hard to take it all in at times but I would definitely recommend it as a good read to anyone interested in looking after themselves better in this age of fast food and pharmaceutical excess.

Love All the People: The Essential Bill Hicks: Letters, Lyrics, Routines
Love All the People: The Essential Bill Hicks: Letters, Lyrics, Routines
by Bill Hicks

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetetive but worth it, 31 Jan. 2005
I love Bill Hicks anyway so this was a winner from the start, this book really made me laugh but, surprisingly perhaps, it also opened my mind to some new ideas and reaffirmed some of my political and personal beliefs about life, the universe and everything. The only thing that made the book less amazing was the repetition, a lot of the jokes are repeated throughout, this is because these are actual transcripts of Bill's shows over the years and some of them are from the same tour so he is bound to repeat himself. Despite that I really loved this book and would read it again tomorrow! And again, and again!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3