Profile for Virago > Reviews

Content by Virago

Virago

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Appetite: So What Do You Want to Eat Today?
Appetite: So What Do You Want to Eat Today?
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Nigel is god!!!!!, 2 Sep 2002
I bought my first Nigel Slater book (Real Food) on a whim because it contained a section about cheese, my favourite food (!), and I have been absolutely hooked since. When I got 'Appetite' home I spent virtually the whole night reading it and devouring every word. He writes so temptingly about food that you just want to eat eat eat!!
If you're looking for fancy, pretty food then this may not be up your street but if you are looking for sheer, animal satisfaction and food that hugs your soul then this is the book for you! I must admit, I am partial to a bit of both types but this is the book I come to time and time again, the one that is splattered with all sorts of sauces, ice creams and bits of pastry, and the one that has produced groans of pleasure from everyone from my boyfriend to my parents to my friends who happen to sample my cooking with Nigel's inspiration.
It's not a book with strict, precise recipes, Nigel encourages you to cook with a little of your own judgement and he does this in such an enthusiastic way that it makes it seem easy, and it is! I cannot say enough good things about this book and the only bad thing I can come up with is that the food in it is so good that you may pile on a few pounds, but you'll have such fun doing it it really is worth it!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3