Profile for M. Piper > Reviews

Content by M. Piper

M. Piper "The Tatster" (Suffolk England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Fading
The Fading
by Christopher Ransom

4.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Ransom, 15 May 2013
This review is from: The Fading (Paperback)
A christopher Ransom review

I felt the need to give some overdue supportbfor the heavily battered Christopher Ransom. I chose to do it on this review as i've just finished reading the Fading.
The only thing i have to agree with the negative reviews is that they need to stop placing over the top statements on his books. It only serves the purpose of misleading the buyer purely for greed and not actually helping the reader as they expect that bold statement.
Ok here goes :) I have read all of Christopher Ransoms books and have enjoyed all of them (the haunting of james hastings did turn me into knots and i couldn't see or detect the final punch however). During the Fading i did understand that Christopher is an extremely confident person who is writing as he thinks. I truly believe that what I am reading is not from notes and a plot that has been drafted on. This is probably why I quite like him. He is different and when i want something different I read a Christopher Ransom novel. Looking forward to the ophan :)
Who's line is it anyway was one of my favourite tv shows as it was off the cuff, nothing planned and expected. I'm not one to read a novel or watch a movie and criticise everything that is unbelieveable or feel that the story was not detailed enough. What I do is simply say at the end of it if it was to my taste or not. I can't remember who said it but someone said that you can't give people what they want as they don't know what they want. You give them what they need.
The point i'm trying to make is that most of the criticism for Christopher Ransom is in my eyes a bit harsh. He probably does think and write at the same time as he goes along, he is a bit tongue in cheek but he also produces thrilling moments and for me his books flow with interest and with a unique technique that has become Christopher Ransom.
I for one will continue to buy and read Christopher's novels as they are to my taste :)

The Moon
The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars The song that made me still, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Moon (MP3 Download)
Sometimes in life you come across hidden gems like the moon.
There is nothing more to say than simply breathtaking.

The Burning Soul: The Tenth Charlie Parker Thriller
The Burning Soul: The Tenth Charlie Parker Thriller
by John Connolly

4.0 out of 5 stars The Burning Soul, 2 Jan 2012
I have read all of John's novels and enjoyed all of them. I am a big fan of the Charlie Parker Series however, I've always admired the his stand alone novel "Bad Men" which is full of action and excellent scenery and character building. John has created the perfect Charlie Parker novel which (for me) is the best of the series yet "The Burning Soul". It brings together that brilliance of Bad Men with the repetitive high standards of all his novels. I admit, Angel and Louis take a bit of a back seat in the novel, but that doesn't stop it being the best for me. Wonderfully written which kept me interested throughout. It is dark, pacey and witty. An excellent read. Can't wait for the next one.

cradlesong
cradlesong

5.0 out of 5 stars Someday - This will change your day, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: cradlesong (Audio CD)
Track 4 Someday is fantastic! Sorry, the whole album is fantastic! if you're having a bad day, put this on and all will seem much better, fantastic uplifting album....

How To Save A Life
How To Save A Life
Offered by Leisurezone

4.0 out of 5 stars Gifted, 13 Nov 2007
This review is from: How To Save A Life (Audio CD)
I really didn't know what to make of this album the first time I heard it, then BANG, instantly it had me hooked and I realised just how good this album really is. All the tracks are catchy and well written, I must see these live..Fantastic first album looking forward to the next.

All The Lost Souls
All The Lost Souls

5.0 out of 5 stars Customer robp2002, 12 Nov 2007
This review is from: All The Lost Souls (Audio CD)
There you go Rob, your name in a title.
All I can say is that you would have to be a bed wetter to know how bad this so called "Dreary" album is...Well according to you...Maybe you would like to share with everyone your favourite albums and see if we all agree???
This is a fantastic album for anyone who wants to listen to it and I mean listen to it, it sounds like some people are listening even tho' they already know they don't like his music, now that is sad...
Keep up the good work James and maybe Rob might be pushing for a number one album himself...Then Again!!!!....

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars David Gray, What more Can I Say!!!!!, 12 Nov 2007
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Jimjimma - Whilst I agree a mixture of old and new would be better, you will probably find as with most greatest hits, the record label has the last say. The money has been made for them as of white ladder which is where I disagree with you. David gray has made some mistakes and he would be the first to admit it, he even said that he was too stupid to work out in the early albums that simplicity is the key. However I have found his creativeness on all albums a real treat and he continually comes out with awesome songs. A new day at midnight and Life in slow motion are breathtaking albums. I look forward to being inspired and moved by all that David has left to offer. This is mearly a record company album who wants to squeeze all that is left out of the most "Popular" albums.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 12 Nov 2007
This is the fastest movie ever made....It felt like I had been in the cinema for about 30mins, the film just captured me from scene one and I realised where i was a few hours later (or 30mins!!!)
Genius miss it if you want to miss out...

The Jacket [DVD] [2005]
The Jacket [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Adrien Brody
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Blockbuster, 12 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Jacket [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This film would of got 5 stars, the only reason it didn't is because I'm behind the times and skint, so decided to buy a ex rental from blockbuster's. I had to clean it 4 times during the film, lesson learnt i think. Anyway!!! the film was really good and since watching the Pianist and this one, Adrien Brody is becoming one of my favourite actors, fantastic acting I recommend it.

War Of The Worlds (2 Disc Special Edition) [2005] [DVD]
War Of The Worlds (2 Disc Special Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

2.0 out of 5 stars War Of The Worlds Or Cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!, 10 Nov 2007
This would have been a good film, we all know the story but somehow I feel that an unknown actor would have been better. I have nothing against Tom Cruise but It was like watching a new age "Rambo".The recently released transformers work because it's about the robot's, unfortunately this was about Tom Cruise.

Page: 1 | 2