Profile for G1zm0 > Reviews

Hannibal - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Glorious psychological thriller \ horror, 30 Jun 2014
Managed to get around to watching this box set last night. Gutted I waited as long as I did to watch it. It is everything I hoped it would be and more.

Dark - check
Gruesome - check
Chock full of tension with a sprinkling of horror - check
Excellent characters - check

the list goes on.

This definitely wont be for everyone as it is very dark and unsettling. It is however up there with my all time favourite tv shows. The attention to detail is there with jokes that have appeared in the books and movies and characters that play a part in the books but not the movies.

The reason for 4 stars not 5? I had no end of problems playing disk 3 in my Sony Blu-ray player once you tried to play all or a individual episode it locked up. No issues seen when playing it on my PC though so not the end of the world

The Memory Killer (Carson Ryder 11)
The Memory Killer (Carson Ryder 11)
by J. A. Kerley
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars This isn't Kerley at his finest but it is still a good yarn, 30 Jun 2014
This isn't Kerley at his finest but it is still a good yarn. It is at times dark and grim, but there are the occasional chuckles to be had along the way. And it is always nice to see some of the re-occurring characters re-appear in different ways and with the potential to be big parts of future books.

Looking forward to the next one

The Martian
The Martian
by Andy Weir
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical take on space disaster, 13 May 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Hardcover)
The Martian is a breath of fresh air for me, it is a sci-fi novel based around the survival of 1 man on mars mostly written in the first person in a diary format, which plays to the strengths of the main protagonist. The man himself has a great sense of humour and he carries the story comfortably on his own. It is whimsical, deadly serious and a pleasure to read from the first page to the last.

What this isn't is a masterpiece of sci-fi. What it is is a great read.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely easy to use, 28 April 2014
This is a cracking little device. I bought it so I could watch BT Sport on my 42" TV, it arrived, I plugged it in (to telly and power) and installed the app on my (Android)phone. A password and a username later and it is all done.

It has worked with 100% reliably ever since. I am very pleased, picture quality is good, sound is fine. I do find that the first few mins of streaming can be a little jerky but this settles down and makes for very good viewing

SPLASHGUARD MIX 900 & KM SERIE S *ROUND BOWL TYPE* CLOUD/DUST FREE HINGED FITS CHEF & MAJOR KENLYRE & S'STEEL STEEL BOWL
Offered by Seaview Shavers
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Feb 2014
Bought this as a requested present for a family member. Very little to say the item does exactly what it says on the tin. Fits perfectly and is very easy to use.

Quick note about the delivery. I ordered this on standard (free) delivery early in the day and it arrived the next day!

Twin Peaks: Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Twin Peaks: Complete Season 1 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Kyle MacLachlan
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking series mildly annoying menus, 12 Feb 2014
This was my first delve into Twin Peaks and I loved it. The show is strange, a bit odd, funny and great escapism. Nothing really needs to be said about the show as it all has been said before suffice it to say I very much enjoyed it.

What I didn't like especially was the menu navigation on disks 2 and 3. It looks great but I was unable to differentiate between the chapter options as the hight lighting was a bit limited for me and I kept ending up in the wrong sub menu

House - Season 8 [DVD]
House - Season 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Laurie
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The grand finale, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: House - Season 8 [DVD] (DVD)
House at its finest, with some genuinely surprising events throughout the series it is for me a master stroke and leads up to the perfect ending for House the man and House the series.

Overall a cracking boxset with some worth while extras

Ross Noble - Mindblender [DVD]
Ross Noble - Mindblender [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ross Noble
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not his finest but still very good, 2 Jan 2014
If you are a fan of Ross Noble then purchase away and enjoy the insane ramblings!

If you end up with the 2 disc version like I did (despite the Amazon description saying it was only 1 disc) there is a 2 hour show as the main feature, a 25ish min interview, some extra clips and over 1hr 15min of the Hammersmith show (all of it very good).

What I will say is that the picture quality isn't great (hence 4 stars) but that doesn't detract from the comedy nectar

Jack Reacher [DVD]
Jack Reacher [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Price: 3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine sunday morning viewing, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jack Reacher [DVD] (DVD)
Quite enjoy the Jack Reacher series of books and was dubious about this being made with Tom Cruise in it so had avoided it. But I spotted it in the bargain bin recently and thought it may be worth a go. It wasn't, and not because Tom Cruise is in it. The story itself is a good one but the whole thing lacks something that I can't put my finger on. It seems weak, too long and drawn out and could best be described as a film to watch when your hungover.

WURTH HIGH PERFORMANCE DRY CHAIN LUBE 500mls
WURTH HIGH PERFORMANCE DRY CHAIN LUBE 500mls
Offered by Laguna Motorcycles Ltd.
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It last well and applies easily and is fling free, 26 Nov 2013
Once your chain is clean this is a top notch dry lube for dry weather. It last well and applies easily and is fling free.
It should be noted however that it doesn't last long once the chain gets wet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3