Profile for Mrs. T. Begum > Reviews

Content by Mrs. T. Begum

Mrs. T. Begum (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Approx. 20Pcs Knitting Crochet Locking Stitch Markers / Can Also Be Used as A Nappy Pin on A New Baby Greeting Card
Offered by Thewin(from HK)

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 7 Jun. 2014
For an item that I purchased for 34p I am delighted with the purchase. They are perfect for stitch markers and I think I will buy myself another couple of packets!

Clover 4 mm Amour Crochet Hook
Clover 4 mm Amour Crochet Hook
Offered by supermart USA

2.0 out of 5 stars well made, poor design, 7 Jun. 2014
I bought this crochet hook as I suffer from a lot of strain when crocheting. Unfortunately this hook did nothing to alleviate the discomfort.

I hold my hooks in a 'pen' grip but this hook did not facilitate this for me due to a large lump at the back of the hook that made it very awkward to hold.

Aside from that the it was very well made and spoke quality workmanship. It was a shame that it was so uncomfortable. I wish I had returned it whilst I had the chance.

KnitPro 3 mm Waves Aluminium Crochet Hook, Purple
KnitPro 3 mm Waves Aluminium Crochet Hook, Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars well made and comfortable, 7 Jun. 2014
This was an okayish crochet hook, perhaps not the best but by no means the worst. The handle was very much on the short side but aside from that the hook had nice smooth metal that didnt snag on the yarn.

Berol Colour Broad Pen - Assorted Colours (Pack of 12)
Berol Colour Broad Pen - Assorted Colours (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 22 Nov. 2012
After feeling nostalgic about Berol pens I revisited these old favourites. The washability is an added bonus to fact that the durability of these pens is outstanding, if well looked after.

The range of colours are sufficient for primary school level or even older if bright blocks of colour is all that is required.

I would highly recommend these pens.

Verithin Pencil 36 Color Box Set
Verithin Pencil 36 Color Box Set
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Verithin Pencil 36 Color Box Set
These are high quality colour pencils that myself and my daughter love. They last for ages after sharpening and they really dont break if you press quite hard.

The range of colours were quite spectacular providing delight when opening the box. Although they were pricey I would recommend them for everyone artists and amateurs alike.

The Secret Life of Words: How English Became English
The Secret Life of Words: How English Became English
by Henry Hitchings

1.0 out of 5 stars zzzz...., 22 Nov. 2012
Oh dear..unfortunately this was a dreadful book that I couldnt complete. Whole chapters went by and the author kept droning on and on and on endlessly.

This was one destined for my charity pile.

Paisley Designs Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Paisley Designs Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
by Marty Noble

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty designs,poor paper, 22 Nov. 2012
I bought this book as a way for my daughter who loves colouring books that are original and a little bit challenging. The paisley patterns were certainly that,very intricate and beautiful.

A few gripes that I had about this book was though that there were not many pages and that the pages were of quite poor quality paper. If we used felt pens the colour would bleed through and ruin a couple of the pages underneath.

This has resulted in our colouring book being only half finished so as we dont ruin any further pages.

TOSHIBA EQUIUM 19V 3.42A 65W PA3467E-1AC3 PA3467U-1ACA SADP-65KB POWER ADAPTER
TOSHIBA EQUIUM 19V 3.42A 65W PA3467E-1AC3 PA3467U-1ACA SADP-65KB POWER ADAPTER
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 22 Nov. 2012
I bought this for my sisters laptop to replace an old charger that ran out of steam and completely stopped working. It was a good price compared to many other places that I had look previously, including spare parts sites. It was exactly what she was looking for.

iGadgitz Blue Durable Crystal Gel Skin (Thermoplastic Polyurethane TPU) Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

2.0 out of 5 stars should have gone for better, 22 Nov. 2012
Although I had had my Samsung Galaxy Ace for a while, I was in a rush to customise my little smartphone. My haste was not rewarded.

The cutout at the back of this skin for the camera and speaker were not properly aligned neither was the indentations for the volume or power buttons. Also the plastic itself had many sharp bits that are a little bit irritating.

Overall, not a great product .

Taming the Infinite: The Story of Mathematics
Taming the Infinite: The Story of Mathematics
by Ian Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh!, 22 Nov. 2012
How disappointing! I soo looked forward to this book coming through my door so that I could stuck in but unfortunately it didn't deliver.

As I am of the non mathematical portion of the world, I expect any popular maths book to be easy on the mind and talk about generally about mathematical concepts or explain them in a way that makes a light bulb and ping in my head and help ignite an interest maths, as did Singh's Fermat's Last Theorem.

Rather unfortunately this was not the case. I cant say I was sorry to finish this book in the least. Its a Big thumbs down from me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3