Profile for laura > Reviews

Content by laura

laura

BRIO 33592 Mighty Red Action Locomotive (2013 model)
BRIO 33592 Mighty Red Action Locomotive (2013 model)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant. My daughter is nearly 3 years old and ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This is brilliant. My daughter is nearly 3 years old and she got the hang of the buttons straight away and absolutely loves this train. We don't find the noises annoying at all, and she obviously loves them, it makes it more fun. It manages all the hills and bridges and can pull and push carriages easily. My husband keeps designing more elaborate tracks for the train to run around so it is keeping both of them occupied- well worth the price!

All the Best Songs
All the Best Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful collection of songs, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: All the Best Songs (Audio CD)
Beautiful collection of songs, can't stop listening to it, if you've not heard them before then just buy this, it's perfect.

Clear Acrylic Cube Vase Hard Wearing Lightweight Durable Plastic 25cm High
Clear Acrylic Cube Vase Hard Wearing Lightweight Durable Plastic 25cm High
Offered by Gem Supplies International Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear plastic vase-just what I needed, 30 Nov. 2012
This is just what I needed, a vase that was clear, looked like glass, but that would be safe now I've got an adventurous toddler climbing all over the place. Despite descriptions several other clear plastic vases I bought were in fact cloudy, scratched rubblish, whereas this one was as described and so far no-one has even noticed the vase is not glass, so it's perfect, and a good size for the price.

Lovely Warm 100% Polyester Fleece Small Wellie Boot Warmers (Size 4 to 6, 37 to 39)
Offered by CaraselleDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic-Warm Feet!, 30 Nov. 2012
I can't believe I've never heard of these before. These are so soft and comfortable, my wellies are now my favourite boots-warm, cosy feet! I found that I need to put them on my feet like socks before putting my foot in the welly, then they don't crumple up. So glad I found these, can't wait for the snow now!

Mushi-Shi (Super Amazing Value Edition) [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Mushi-Shi (Super Amazing Value Edition) [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, and a great value set, 30 Nov. 2012
This box set contains the whole series so is great value for money. I prefer to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles which it has the option of, but it also has the option of dubbed English. The story follows a lone traveller who can see 'mushi' invisible, spirit type creatues, who cause havoc as they interact with past rural Japanese remote communities. It is not a typical storyline or style, and probably children would be bored with it, but I find the gentle music, beautiful artwork and sad, magical stories are just the best series I've ever watched. It's like meditation, I watch an episode in order to feel tranquil and peaceful. The details and scenes from the past in rural Japan are also fascinating to see.

Honoring Our Cycles: A Natural Family Planning Workbook
Honoring Our Cycles: A Natural Family Planning Workbook
by Katie Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars basic, clear essential reading, 30 Nov. 2012
This is just what I was looking for to get started monitoring my fertility for the purpose of avoiding pregnancy-although the information would be just as useful for women trying to conceive, or just wanting to be more aware of their cycle. The information is clear, scientifically accurate but very readable and easy to put into practise. If natural family planning is something you are looking to start then this is the perfect guide. The anecdotes are a little bit odd but give the book a simple charm.

The Sea-thing Child
The Sea-thing Child
by Russell Hoban

5.0 out of 5 stars a deep and inspiring story, 9 Mar. 2006
This review is from: The Sea-thing Child (Paperback)
i agree, this story may affect adults more deeply than children, but that's the wonder of good picture books-they have many levels to them. a beautiful story, a journey of self discovery, you can really know what it feels like to be the charactars and see the hope through the fear and loneiness life can be. every child ive read this to has been captivated by the strangeness of it, laughed at the characters antics and wanted it read again.