Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (Isleworth)

FLOSO® Mens Union Jack Design Great Britain Summer Wear Flip Flops
FLOSO® Mens Union Jack Design Great Britain Summer Wear Flip Flops

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but you get what you pay for, 10 Sep 2012
I bought these to wear for the paralympics and noticed that by lunchtime the design was starting to rub off a bit on the heel and toes. Didn't matter so much as they were a bargain and very comfy but not really a long term item!

Are You Experienced?
Are You Experienced?
by William Sutcliffe

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than I expected, 13 Oct 2003
This review is from: Are You Experienced? (Paperback)
This wasn't the sort of book I would normally have read, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it to be very funny and very good. I first finished this book in a matter of hours, partly because it is so interesting and I wanted to know what was going to happen next, and partly because William Sutcliffe has written this in a easy going style that makes for a very pleasant read.
The story is told from student Dave's point of view, and as the reader you share his triumphs and disasters and the highs and lows of traveling across India. There are plenty of funny situations that will have you laughing and cringing at the same time.
Its a refreshing and often 'laugh out loud' read that I've now read several times and has become a firm favourite of mine.

Under The Duvet
Under The Duvet
by Marian Keyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny stuff with a few surprises, 13 Oct 2003
This review is from: Under The Duvet (Paperback)
I'd heard great things about Marian Keyes before reading this so was hoping this book would be worth the price of the magazine it came free with(!) I was not disappointed. Keyes is a funny, funny woman and Under the Duvet had me laughing like a drain! I don't often actually laugh out loud when reading but it was hard not too when Keyes writes about otherwise boring everyday things with such creativity and humour.
The book is put together in a series of short chapters making it ideal to flick though and dip in and out of. So much of what she says rings true in particular 'A Quiet Millennium Night In' and how irritating News Years Eve can be.
I was surprised to find this book to contain quite a serious and thought provoking chapter about Keyes and her spiral into alcoholism. I didn't expect that in a book that is so obviously meant to be lighthearted, but it is an inspiring chapter and interesting to read how she overcome her problems.
If you have read books by Marian Keyes before or even if you haven't, I think most people would enjoy this book and find at least one chapter they can relate too.

To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird
by Harper Lee
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 3 Oct 2003
When I first started to read this for GCSE English I would never have guessed that I would end up loving this book, buying my own copy and re-reading it on a regular basis. Having to study it in so much depth for school really helped me have an understanding and appreciation for this wonderful story. Many thanks to my English teacher! I hope that 'To Kill A Mockinbird' will remain a book for studying in schools for a long time yet.
Though this book covers many characters and themes, what stands out most to me is the relationship between Atticus Finch and his two young children. If there is such a thing as a model father, Atticus is it. Treating his children with respect and honesty and at the same time shielding them from harm. An inspiration to us all.
This book is timeless and I will never tire of reading it. It is a true classic and should be in everyone's book case.

Hello Happiness: 101 Inspirational Ideas to Brighten Up Your Day
Hello Happiness: 101 Inspirational Ideas to Brighten Up Your Day
by Robert Holden

4.0 out of 5 stars Be happy!, 19 Sep 2003
Before buying this book I assumed it would be like every other book of this type and just state the obvious. But, I was pleasantly surprised and have found it to be a really useful addition to my book collection.
It contains small paragraphs of inspiring thoughts and ideas and is written in such a way that you can flick through without having to read it in any sort of order. I find that opening it at a random page and reading a line or two can really help lift my spirits.
This book isn't going to change the world but will help put things in perspective when you're feeling down.

Indian Style (Icons Series)
Indian Style (Icons Series)
by Angelika Taschen

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning India, 19 Sep 2003
I have always been fascinated by all things Indian and was pretty impressed by this book. The glossy pictures are of a very high standard and range from natural shots of local people, to stunning scenes of the countryside and buildings, to beautiful photos of interiors. These interior pictures are the best part of the book in my opinion, they are a kaleidoscope of colours and show both modest and affluent homes, all of which are so interesting.
I would recommend this book to anyone that is interested in architecture, interior designs or India itself. It's a real insight!

Geordie-English Glossary
Geordie-English Glossary
by Percy Douglas

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful Geordie fun!, 10 July 2003
This book was bought for me as I no longer live in Newcastle and was feeling homesick! It contains an A to Z of Geordie terms and pronunciations in a cute little pocket sized book. Ideal for anyone living in or visiting Newcastle, or anyone that's come across a Geordie and has had no idea what they were saying!

London Style Icon (Icons Series)
London Style Icon (Icons Series)
by Jane Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Inspiring, 4 July 2003
I found this book wonderful and would recommend it to anyone intrested in interiors. The pictures used are facinating, varied and very inspiring. They really fired my imagination! This is the type of book that someone can flick through a thousand times and always spot something new.