Profile for Mrs M Pickess > Reviews

Irwin 10507424 Hardpoint Tenon Saw
Irwin 10507424 Hardpoint Tenon Saw
Offered by 1 Tool Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars my best buy of the year, 21 Jun. 2014
Its the most useful little saw. I had so many branches to cut and is so easy to use. A brilliant buy!

Doro PhoneEasy 614 Easy to Use Clamshell 3G Mobile Phone - Black
Doro PhoneEasy 614 Easy to Use Clamshell 3G Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use!, 16 July 2012
What a wonderful easy to use phone! This is great for visually impaired and hearing aid users I come under both those banners.

I love the clamshell shape its good for keeping the keypad covered and saves having to lock the keypad.

Setting the phone up is child's play. The only difficulty I had was inserting my sim card into the slot as it was so near the memory card slot. Apart from that it was very straightforward.

The instruction booklet is well laid out, the instructions are clear and easily understood and are also a good size print.

The weight of the handset is slightly heavier than the majority of the mobile phones on the market but has a nice "chunky" feel.
The keypad buttons are very clear and well spaced so good for larger fingers

The choice of colours for print is very innovative I.e. White print on black background, Black on white, yellow on blue, yellow on black, which is very helpful for reading text, The choice of the size of print is another useful option.

The volume control is easy to use and using the T button on your hearing aid cuts out any interference.
The battery life seems as good as comparable mobile phones.

One outstanding feature is the ICE button which stands for In Case of Emergency this connects you to designated people in your phone book to alert them of a problem.

To me this is a great phone for older people

The Monster and the Rainbow: Memoir of a Disability
The Monster and the Rainbow: Memoir of a Disability
by Meg Kingston

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that Needs to be read, 26 Mar. 2012
I don't have MS but I do have another disability. Meg's book is an inspiration to anyone who has disabilities as she tell it how it is warts and all (icky bits!). A lot of the instances quoted from her life I can fully empathise with as similar things have happened to me. This is a book for all who have disablilites their carers and friends and of course anyone interested. A book worth its weight in gold Thank you Meg for writing it

Mama Does Time: A Mace Bauer Mystery
Mama Does Time: A Mace Bauer Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 26 Sept. 2011
this was one of the reads of the month for me. The family was belivable and the twists and turns kept me guessing to the end! A great free read. Must look out for more of this series by this author

UNTYING THE KNOT
UNTYING THE KNOT

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, 2 Sept. 2011
This review is from: UNTYING THE KNOT (Kindle Edition)
Oh my word! What a wonderful atmospheric book this is, I had eagerly awaited this book from Linda having read several of her other books and this one I feel is the best. I could "see" the characters the scenery and the castle. The story flows well and is told in such a gripping way so everything else takes second place! You have to keep reading to find out what happens next. Buy it, read it, enjoy it I know you will.

Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray
Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray
by Nick Bruel

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny!, 22 Aug. 2011
This is a great funny book for early readers to read along with mum, dad and grandparents. The continuing adventures of Bad Kitty and his friends with Uncle Murray taking over the care of Bad Kitty and the house for a week. This illustrations make this book so easy for little ones to understand and is laugh out loud - my grandson can't wait for the next book in the series!