Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "gmdobbs" (wales, uk)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sherlock Holmes and the Queen of Diamonds
Sherlock Holmes and the Queen of Diamonds

5.0 out of 5 stars I deduce a dashed enertaining fiction, 18 Jan. 2015
I found it interesting that the authors chose to write this Holmes book in third person, rather than the more usual first person from Watson's POV - After all Conan Doyle used the first person with Watson narrating the story for most of his Holmes adventures. True he did use the third person a couple of times, as well as having Holmes narrating a couple himself but these are oddities and don't stand up there with the best of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes adventures. I asked author David Whitehead why he opted for the third person and he told me that he wrote the novel from an un-produced movie script written by Steve Hayes and that the third person narrative style was the only way to tell the story. After all there are sections of the story that neither Holmes, nor Watson witness. I guess using the third person is also wise because then Doyle's own style doesn't have to be mimicked so closely which is often a failing with Sherlock Holmes tales told by other hands.

The story is a rattling good adventure with a major twist towards the half way mark that I didn't see coming. As soon as we reach this point though the book becomes all out action - think the Guy Ritchie Holmes movies but with much more substance. Excellent stuff. Highly enjoyable.

Doodle Jump Free
Doodle Jump Free

5.0 out of 5 stars messed up game, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Doodle Jump Free (App)
Love this app but my score is 23681 and my sister's score is 23618 and the score won't come up it's getting me pissed off please sort it out but be sides that fun game never loses there fun

GUESS - IT
GUESS - IT

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth playing, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: GUESS - IT (App)
It doesn't work it's s*** disgusting

BATMAN 2oz GOLD TOBACCO TIN,BACCY TIN,PILL TIN,FISHING TIN,SEWING TIN
BATMAN 2oz GOLD TOBACCO TIN,BACCY TIN,PILL TIN,FISHING TIN,SEWING TIN
Offered by BAMBOOZLED

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov. 2014
excellent product - looks really nice and was delivered very quickly and well packaged.

Led Zeppelin IV [Deluxe Remastered CD]
Led Zeppelin IV [Deluxe Remastered CD]
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars but the second disc is a waste of time, 16 Nov. 2014
Five stars for the remastering done and five stars for the album itself, but the second disc is a waste of time. If the remastering of the classic album wasn't so awesome I'd feel cheated but more could have been put into the companion discs

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the device and found it easy to set up with only one gripe, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I love the device and found it easy to set up. I don't watch much TV to air but do binge on entire seasons on DVD but now the Fire TV allows me to do this. Dowloading outside APS like Netflix and the BBC iPlayer in a simple process and the voice activated remore control works well. Love this device to bits. After a few week of use I do have a complaint and that is that streaming Amazon Prime content seems to only be available in HD which causes choppy viewing when others in the house are using the interneT. When buying video content Amazon allow downloading in standard definition so why p;rime material can't be also available in standard definition I don't understand. Other than that an excellent box of tricks. Is there a way to alter the settings so I can stream in standard definition? I phoned the Amazon tech people and they didn't think so.

The Big Adios Western Digest (Fall 2014)
The Big Adios Western Digest (Fall 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Nov. 2014
Love this new digital magazine...long may it continue

Dexter Season 8
Dexter Season 8
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Sad that such a great series went out with such ..., 11 Nov. 2014
Sad that such a great series went out with such a bland final season. Overall I think this was a great show but this final season was a major let down for me. The series should have ended with the excellent seventh season.

falcon pipes
falcon pipes
Offered by A.E. Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Falcon Pipes are excellent quality and really provide a nice cool smoke, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: falcon pipes (Kitchen & Home)
Falcon Pipes are excellent quality and really provide a nice cool smoke. Because of it's design it is also very easy to clean. I love Falcon pipes and have a large collection in all shapes and sizes.

Bio-Groom Flea & Tick PYRETHIN DIP for Dogs and Cats 8 oz
Bio-Groom Flea & Tick PYRETHIN DIP for Dogs and Cats 8 oz
Offered by Vitamin Chaps

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 26 Sept. 2014
This is great and far better than all the expensive stuff sold in UK pet stores - the Frontline stuff I priced as almost fifty pounds but this stuff is far more effective. I have had a massive flea and tick problem with my two dogs and this is the only stuff that worked. I love it and am buying another bottle to keep for future use - I'll always have this stuff amongst my pet care products. Brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20