Profile for drummermcd > Reviews

It
It
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 May 2004
This review is from: It (Paperback)
Absolute class. Stephen King is a legend. This book is brilliant in everyway. You pick favourite characters straight away, the story line is great, I wasn't that impressed with the ending but still great. Only down side is the length. 1116 pages is quite a lot but its worth it!

The Thief of Always
The Thief of Always

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 May 2004
This review is from: The Thief of Always (Paperback)
Very easy reading. I read it in about 4 sittings. Short and too the point. I love his character development and his ideas are sheer brilliance as per usual. Very Good book and illustrations.

The Hellbound Heart
The Hellbound Heart
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 22 May 2004
Great way to start reading Clive Barker. First of his books I read (I am a massive fan of the Hellraiser films)and fell in love straight away. I still thought the film was better but its always good to see how they differ.
Great book.

Snow White And The Seven Samurai
Snow White And The Seven Samurai

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 20 May 2004
I wasn't that keen on this book. I liked all of the other Tom Holt books but this was a bit of a let down. The ideas are brilliant but its a bit busy and you forget whats happening in each story. Still worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 20 May 2004
This review is from: Falling Sideways (Hardcover)
This was the first Tom Holt book I read and I loved it. I am a big fan of Tom Holt after reading Falling Sideways. Great book, easy reading, very funny.

Valhalla
Valhalla

4.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 20 May 2004
This review is from: Valhalla (Paperback)
Valhalla was the third Tom Holt book I read. I found it very funny with a good twist in the story. His ideas are, like always, original and his gags are non-stop.
Brilliant

Weaveworld (Voyager Classics)
Weaveworld (Voyager Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 20 May 2004
This is one of my favourite books ever. I am a massive fan of Clive Barker's work but this is brilliant. I loved his characters, his ideas (in true Barker style) are fantastic, it is a flawless book. Seriously advise you read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 18 April 2004
This review is from: Falling Sideways (Paperback)
First Tom Holt book I read. By far the best so far. Wonderful imagination and writing. Peopl say that the story line has too many twists in it, I think it is brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2