Profile for Review Specialist > Reviews

Content by Review Specialist

Review Specialist (Durham, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GrandBeing® Bright Solar Powered LED Lights Weatherproof Spotlight/Wall Lighting with 3 Light Switch Modes for Landscape Garden Lawn Pool Pond Rockery Fountain (White)
Offered by goodgoogdbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great portable LED light unit that is solar powered and water proof., 23 July 2016
Length:: 2:00 Mins

by GRANDBEING

The LED Lights were delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the LED Lights was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
I have been looking at getting a light which would illuminate where I have my rubbish bins, at the side of my garden.
I did not want to have to run a power cable there as I feel that would be a right pain.

Then I was offered the chance to review this, it is Solar 4LED spotlight, IP67 (Lamp holder), high waterproof degree, the lamp holder even can be used under water, ideal lamp for both decoration and lighting. Built-in 3.7V 2200mAh rechargeable battery. Solar panel efficiently turns solar power into electricity. Besides, the light also can be charged via USB cable when there is no enough sunshine

So I thought that this might just be the product that allows me to get light there, but I did not just want a normal down light where I would have had to fix the light up high. I saw this and thought that if I fix this to the fence near the bins and put the light at waist level so it shines down my route to the bins.

If you need to this unit has spikes so you can fix it into a rockery etc.

I first charged the unit up and tried it out on my desk, but to my annoyance the unit did not light up, it was only when I read that this unit does not work unless it is dark, it charges up with solar power during the day and then, when it is dark the LED lights turn on.
I managed to simulate this in the video by facing the solar unit into the table.

The LED light is water proof so I need not worry about it getting wet and if there is not enough sun in the winter months I can top the Solar unit up which holds the battery pack, by pluggin it into a USB charger.

This LED unit if you wanted could be used under water to illuminate a fishpond or fountain etc.

You have got 3 settings on the light unit, low, high and strobe. I am going to use the low mode as the battery will last longer this way.

Is the product value for money:-
I am really impressed with the unit and for a price of £24.99, I do think its worth it.

***************************************************
I would like to disclose that I received this product at a discount in return for giving an honest and unbiased review.
I only review items which I would buy for myself or my family.
The reviews I give are based on actual hands on experience of myself or my family in using the products.
As many of the products I review have been discounted, I have to review them within a certain time frame. This means that I cannot provide details of the long term benefits of a product.
If there is any change from my initial review, I will add extra information as and when I feel the need.
I will always supply as much information as I can in terms of my initial experiences of the product, and the ingredients and/or contents of the product.
If my review has helped you please click the helpful button, If it has not helped or you require more information please feel free to contact me or leave a comment so I can improve my reviews.
****************************************************

Noza Tec 7000Mah Backup Battery Case 5.5 inch External Detachable Power Bank Charger Pack for iPhone 6 Plus 6S Plus (White)
Offered by Bailun Best Sell

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to recharge your phone on the move, 23 July 2016

The Battery case took about a week to be delivered by by Royal Mail

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the Battery Case was protected by a plastic bag with foam to protect it, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
I have never had one of these battery backup cases before, but I have always fancied one, when I had the chance to review one I did so with scepticism could these case's really get you out of a sticky situation and do they make the phone to heavy, what about access to the ports and how long does it last??

The case does not add too much weight to the phone and protects the back of the phone well, but it does not offer any protection to the front of the phone. I notice some people say that they had problems pushing the cover on if they have a tempered glass screen protector on, I did not find this the case.

All of the ports can still be accessed as can the buttons to control the phone.

I have fully charged up the phone once and I did nearly manage he second time, but this could be that you have to condition some of the modern batteries, by charging them up and letting them flatten a few times before you are able to fully charge them to their fullest potential.

I would happily tahe this battery ona day trip and holidays ect, knowing that if I do feel like the phone will not last long enough for me I can give it that boost to last all day and more.

Is the product value for money:-
I do not think that £11.59 is a lot of money to pay for that you get from this battery case.
Thumbs up from me :)

Comment Comment | Permalink

GrandBeing® LCD Dual Channel Digital Thermometer with Two K- type Thermocouples for Industry, Agriculture, Meteorology and Daily Life etc
Offered by goodgoogdbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to measure the temperature of a variety of products with super high or super low temperatures, 23 July 2016
by GrandBeing

The Thermometer was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of Thermometer was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
I have used this type of Thermometer before when at my last place of work, we used it to check the temperature of the water which was in the bain marie to keep the food hot in our canteen and also to check the temperaure in the freezers.

I like the idea of having a thermometer with K Type thermocouple as it can withstand very high and very low temperatures without breaking.

I will be using mine to check the temperature differentual between the top of my freezer and the bottom of my freezer by having both of the probes connected at once, but you do not need to have them both connected you could just have one connected if you only want to check the temperature and not compare which is what I want to do.

I have recently started homebrewing my own beer again and with this I can check that the liquid in the container is the same as if it is not then my yeast might react differently and I do not want that I would like consistant results of all my beer.

I will also use the Alcohol Refractometer which I bought from this company as well ;)

You can use the thermometer to compare two different areas and display the results in ℃ or ℉ and it can store readings for you.
The range of temperatures which this can read is astonishing and with the thermocouples being able to be changed this is a great tool to have.
The ranges using different thermocouples differs and they are:- type. J - type: -210℃ to 1200℃ (-346℉ to 2192℉); K- type: -200℃ to 1372℃ (-328℉ to 2501℉); T- type: -250℃ to 400℃ (-418℉ to 752℉); E- type: -150℃ to 1000℃ (-238℉ to 1832℉); N- type: -200℃ to 1300℃ (-328℉ to 2372℉); R- type: 0℃ to 1767℃ (32℉ to 3212℉)

Is the product value for money:-
For £19.99 this is great value as you will get the adapablility and versitility which other thermometers do not have.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Bird Repellent Scary Eye Balloons: Stops Pest Bird Problems Fast. Reliable Visual Deterrent: Secure Your Property From Damage/Mess. Ward off Woodpecker, Pigeons, Sparrows. 100% Moneyback Guaranteed.
Offered by Tried-And-True

5.0 out of 5 stars Banish birds from your garden or allotment., 23 July 2016
by De-Bird

The Scary Eye Balloon was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The plastic bag which the balloons were in was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
This product will be a great help to anyone who is pestered by any type of bird.

I got it because of the pigeons which come into my back garden and leave pigeon poo all over.

I do not have grass, I have astro turf and a patio with pebbles round it so you can see what problems I have as there is no where for it to biodegrade ans besides that I have 2 grandsons one who loves to play out there now and a little one who will wat to play out when he is a little older.
I do not want them to have to step in or have any poo on their hands or clothes.

This way the birds are fightened off and hopefully leave the area and go and pester someone who does not mind them.

My next door neighbough has an allotment which he grows lots of vegetables and I said that as my garden was to too big, i would give him 2 of them and hopefully he will repay me with some of the extra veg he has.

The balloon has a type of none return value in it when you blow it up and this stops the air escaping back out, you need to take care when blowing this up if you use a pump, as you do not want to break this.

After the balloons are inflated it take nothing to attach the reflective eyes to the black part of the eyeball and then attach the balloon to the tree.
When its attached then you attach the hanging ribbons to the bottom of the balloon and you are set.

I have not seen my friendly pigeons about today and that is a first, I hope it has the same effect my next door neighbough I am sure it will have.

Is the product value for money:-
The Balloons cost £12.90 and this is not a lot of money to pay if you are having problems with birds and it keeps them away.
Thumbs up from me.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Magnetic Screen Door By MAGZO Lets Fresh Air In Magnetic Mesh Fly Screen Keeps Bugs Out Fits Doors Up To MAX 34" x 82" Black
Offered by MAGZO

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the upgraded version of the popular Door Screen to keep flying insects out of the home., 22 July 2016
by MAGZO

The door screen was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The plastic bag which the screen was in was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
Many people already have one of the these type of nets which are supposed to keep flying insects from your homes.
The most popular one is where it has 18 magnets on the screen, 9 on each side.

Mine always seems to allow the magnets to cling together but they cling and allow a little gap where blooming flies get in and his drives me mad.

This screen is different from those as it has got a magnetic strip all the way down consisting of 14 Strong Magnets and 12 Magnetic strips sewn in the reinforced edges, ensuring a quick, automatic close every time where the screen comes together and that resolves the problem of the flies getting in that way.

This screen also has 60g screen instead of 45g, features precision sewing and high density mesh technology, making it extremely durable for high-traffic doorways. Fits doors up to MAX 34"x82"

The edges of this door screen are professionally turned over and have a leather look band around all of the sides of both of these screens.
This is a good thing as well, because the other one I have got up is starting to fray at the top edge were people come in and out and I have had to keep fixing it back up, I dont see it happening with this one.

Is the product value for money:-
This screen is a little bit dearer than he last screen I bought, but as it is the newest version with more magnets and reinforced. It is well worth the price of £17.49

Comment Comment | Permalink

Smart TV Box, ANTSIR Android TV Box 1080P Version Amlogic S905 Chipset Kodi 16 Full Loaded Android 5.1 Lollipop OS TV Box Quad Core 1G/8G 4K Google Streaming Media Players with WiFi HDMI DLNA
Offered by UK-Bonjour

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value Android Tv Box for the price you pay., 22 July 2016
by ANTSIR

The Android Box was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the Android Box was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
I was looking for a new Android Box for a friend and I was offered a chance to review this.

The box Supports 4K Ultimate HD video hardware decoding it comes with preinstalled Google Play Store and other apps, you can enjoy smooth multi-tasking, game playing or movie viewing.
Pre-installed Apps ES File Explorer, Google Search, Google Maps, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Play Store , Calculator, Calendar, Video, Email, Gmail
64 Bit:Amligic S905 solution, the MOST professtional Quad core CPU performance for Network TV Box. Full Quad core,2GHz Ultra high frequency, more than 4 times performance improvements.
This box is like a lot of Android boxes out there as it has 1GB of memory and 8GB of RAM, you can increase the storage space on the box by adding a SDcard or USB stick, I prefer the USB stick, I added a 32GB one.

The android version which this comes with is not the newest version it is 5.1, but that does not affect the working of the box, it works just fine using 5.1.
The version of Kodi which is on the box is 16.1, which is the newest public version, this one works with most builds and addons.

The builds which I like to use are Pulse and The Beast using Kodi.
I did a fresh start using the wizard in the programs folder and then added the wizard to enable me to use The Beast, but this is just a preference for me the build which is on this Kodi as supplied allows you to watch Movies, Series and Sports.

You could install a few Android apps such as Showbox and Movie box to suppliment the channels which are on Kodi if you wanted

The box must be connected to the internet by either a wifi connection or an ethernet connection to allow the channels etc to stream.

Is the product value for money:-
At a price of £23.90 this is great value for money for what you get.

Comment Comment | Permalink

iKross 2.4G Portable Compact Wireless Optical Mouse Mice, 2 DPI Levels (800/1600) for Acer, Asus, Dell, Sony, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Apple Tablets, Laptops, Home and Office Computer PCs - Black
Offered by BlueMall_GB

5.0 out of 5 stars An easily installed wireless mouse for a variety of devices., 22 July 2016
by iKross

The mouse was delivered by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the mouse was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
This wireless mouse is such an easy product to use and it means that you are not limited by a wire connected to the PC, if yo want to use it for the PC that is.

The reason I got mine is that we have an Android TV Box and with some of the things I installed on it to watch Movies, I need to be able to scroll down and then choose what I want on the page I am on, by clicking on it.

I cannot do this with the remote which comes with the Android box, but when you plug in the supplied wireless adapter it is easily recognised by the mouse, this is done automatically the same as if you were using it on a PC.
Now I can scroll and select things that were not accessable easily before.

I think for £4.99 its good value especially for what I am using it for

Comment Comment | Permalink

TEQIN Tungsten Ultra-thin Metal Ignition Windproof Lighter USB Rechargeable Creative Novelty Charging Electronic Cigarette Lighters Smoking Cigar Rechargeable
Offered by Dewin

5.0 out of 5 stars A great fun classy lighter, which your friends will be jealous of, when they see it, 21 July 2016
Length:: 0:36 Mins

by Teqin

The time for the product being delivered:-
The lighter arrived next day it was delivered by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the Lighter was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-

I really like the presentation box which this lighter comes in, it looks really classy and builds expectation of a great product inside of the box, you will not be disappointed as the lighter has a classy look to it also.

This lighter has to be one of the coolest lighters I have seen.
It is powered by a battery which is charged up using a USB cable and from reading other reviews the charge last ages.

The lighter does not require anything else but a charged battery as once you pull the top of the lighter back a coil charges up and glows, you can then put your cigarette onto the coil and it will ignite.
This lighter will work in most weathers as it does not have a flame to extinguish.

Is the product value for money:-
For £9.99 this must be one of the bargains of the year so far, it cannot be extinguished by wind and does not need you to buy any fuel to run it.

****************************************************

GrandBeing® Handheld Alcohol Refractometer, 0 ~ 80% Alcohol Content Measurement Tool Tester for Daily Life Wine, Beer, Volume, Liquor, Whiskey, Vodka, Juices, and Widely Used in Scientific Research, Food Industry Production
Offered by goodgoogdbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome piece of kit to enable you to check the alcoholic content of drinks accurately., 21 July 2016
by GrandBeing

The Refractometer was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The Plastic box which the Refractometer was in was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-

I noticed another reviewer put that the plastic box which the Refractometer was in was flimsy, I agree the catch might be a little hard to open but the Refractometer is well protected by the box.
Inside the box is the Refractometer, a pipette, a screwdriver to calibrate the unit and a leaflet, showing how to use the Refractometer.

Well let me put my cards on the table here, before I was offered the chance of reviewing the Refractometer, I did not know how to use one.
After a few YouTube video's I know I really need one so that I can test the Alcohol content of my home brew lager and wines I have just started making.

I got all of the kit to make home brew as a Christmas present, but they forgot the main thing which would let me know how strong an Alcohol content they have and that is by using a Refractometer.

The Refractometer is so easy to use and as this batch of my homebrew is not ready yet I decided to try it out on the Bacardi I am drinking at the moment.

All you do is put a few drops of what ever you want to test onto the prism and close the top of the prism down so that the liquid spreads evenly over the glass, wait 30 seconds and then read the alcohol content by using the eyepiece and where the blue line and the clear line on the prism meet that shows you the alcohol content.

The reading of my Bacardi was about 37 percent and that is spot on as the bottle says 37.5 percent.

I can see this being a great tool for me and my pursuit of a great alcohol content of my drinks. ;)

Using this piece of kit you could check the alcohol content of any drink you make either as a long drink or with a mixer in it.

Any homebrew maker NEEDS one of these if you have not got one already.

Is the product value for money:-
The price of £24.99 is chicken feed compared to the accuracy which you will be able to brew your homebrew wines and beers. Go buy one now you really need one of these at this great price.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Lumsing Bluetooth 4.0 In Car Kit Adapter Hands-Free Wireless Calling Streaming Dongle LCD FM Transmitter +10W USB Charger + Mounts (Microphone/ APTX)
Offered by Rightful UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome gadget to bring your car up to date with the latest Bluetooth Technology, 21 July 2016
Length:: 1:03 Mins

by Lumsing

The Hands-Free Adapter was delivered next day by Amazon Prime

The packaging of the product:-
The outer box of the Adapter was protected by one of Amazons cardboard delivery boxes, no chance of any damage to the product.

The review of the product:-
I love this little adapter it gives the ability of having bluetooth streamed music and hands-free calling to any car without the need of stripping out the stereo and replacing it with an expensive bluetooth model.

In the box you get a dual USB car charger, a magnetic mount for the bluetooth controller/adapter, the Adapter and also a manual to explain how to set the unit up in any car.

The Bluetooth adapter can be used with nearly all of the bluetooth capable phones out there as even though it has the newest Bluetooth capability it is 4.0 (fully backward compatible & A2DP profile) for full-speed transmission and low power consumption.

The USB charger has two outputs and therefore you could be answering a call or listening to music as well as charging your device up in the second output.

The pairing up of the unit is very easy, all you have to do is choose a channel on the Adapter which has not got any music playing on the radio and then sync the Adapter up to your phone.

The Adapter allows you to control music which is streaming from the phone to the device, you can pause and also adjust the volume and skip tracks.

The sound which comes out of the adapter is very clear.

The magnetic mounting disc means that you can remove the adapter and store it easily out of the way of prying eyes.

When synced correctly you can also call up Google Voice or Siri by pressing a button on the Adapter if your phone supports this function.

Is the product value for money:-
I think for £19.99 it is amazing value for money as it really brings an old ageing car stereo into the 21st Century.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20