Profile for lucy luton > Reviews

Content by lucy luton

lucy luton

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
niceEshop(TM) New Fashion Twilight Retro Style Bandage Leather Pen Bag Pencil Case Makeup Cosmetic Pouch-Dark Brown
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice price, 27 Feb. 2014
This was incredibly cheap. For the price it looks pretty good. The kids are using for school bringing a touch of the medieval to the classroom.

Buy One Get One Free - Red & White Bakers, Butchers, Craft, Parcel String Twine
Buy One Get One Free - Red & White Bakers, Butchers, Craft, Parcel String Twine
Offered by Tongmaster Seasonings

5.0 out of 5 stars nice!, 27 Feb. 2014
I sued this for advent calendars. It's obviously meant for strigning meat, but I can see from the reviews that lots of other people had the same idea as me. Really cheap!

Casio CTK-3000AD 61 Key Touch Response Keyboard with AC Adapter
Casio CTK-3000AD 61 Key Touch Response Keyboard with AC Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my daughter - it was the cheapest of the "proper" keyboards with touch sensitive keys at the time. She really likes it. I really like it too, there are plenty of sounds and rhythms to choose for although they are all a bit "casio" - I think you'd have to spend a few hundred pounds more to get anything better. It's got a pitch bend wheel and a "learning" function that takes you through the pre recorded songs, if that's your bag,

It's a good little practice keyboard, but I thought it had a record/sample function, and it doesn't seem to. There was a booklet with some songs in but nothing showing how to use the functions. The music stand doesn't support papers or books very well resulting in lots of frustrating moments where the book falls on your hands while you're trying to play. The volume isn't very loud and, more importantly, you cant set the volume of the notes and rhythm seperately, resulting in the rhythm (I think) being far too loud, so we rarely use it.

HOWEVER - I don't think you'll get a better keyboard around the £100 mark. i looked and looked and this is just how much they cost. I think this is the cheapest decent keyboard currently on the market and for that I would have to recommend it. The keyboards cheaper than this seem truly useless, expressionless, more toys than instruments.

This does very well to practice notes and scales and we've had a lot of fun writing music on it, but I wouldn't recommend it for performing live or recording. I guess we'll just have to save up and get a Korg.

Chimenea Cooking Iron Toastie by Adobe
Chimenea Cooking Iron Toastie by Adobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 27 Feb. 2014
I have had so much fun with this, drunkenly making toasties around the camp fire is really good fun, we use them on our stove inside as well. Have occasionally fumbled the catch resulting in the toastie falling into the fiery depths butthat is probably not the fault of the manufacturer!

96 Wooden Clothes Pegs
96 Wooden Clothes Pegs
Offered by The Online Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap!, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 96 Wooden Clothes Pegs
Cheap, arrived promptly, haven't fallen apart yet. Not much else to say - a clothespeg is a clothespeg - these were unremarkable but do the job.

1-160 Numbers Three Colour Label Stickers 8mm PL160
1-160 Numbers Three Colour Label Stickers 8mm PL160
Offered by Shop Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 27 Feb. 2014
Arrived promptly, fairly good quality, excellent for cataloguing things. I used mine for numbering handmade advent calendars but I have lots of numbers left - suggestions?

Chimenea Cooking Iron Pan by Adobe
Chimenea Cooking Iron Pan by Adobe

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Chimenea Cooking Iron Pan by Adobe
Seems quite good qaulity although the pan isn't fixed very tightly onto the handle and slips from side to side which makes it interesting to use on the camp fire. haven't got round to fixing it yet because it is so amusing watching drunk people trying to use it when camping.

:Samsung, Galaxy Y Smartphone (Black/Grey)
:Samsung, Galaxy Y Smartphone (Black/Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars A little trooper!, 27 Feb. 2014
Does everything it's older brothers (galaxy 1,2,3 etc) do - runs most android apps, you can extend the memory through a card. I have a coupe of games, a sketch programme, and various ways of making music on mine. Small enough for little hands. Mine got run over by a car and still works! I would choose this over a more expensive phone any day, not least because it costs so little to replace and synced with Google Plus means you don't lose all your photos and contacts each time either.

Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Stories (Special Editions)
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Stories (Special Editions)
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliatn stories, 27 Feb. 2014
I brought this for my daughter after she fell in love with sherlock via Benedict Cumberbatch. She's actually read most of them too! Go Sir Arther Conan Doyle, you obviously know the way to a teenage girl's heart. Book arrived fairly promptly and in good condition, thank you.

Manuscript 30ml Multi Purpose Artists Acrylic Ink Bottle (Gold)
Manuscript 30ml Multi Purpose Artists Acrylic Ink Bottle (Gold)
Offered by Monochrome Solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 27 Feb. 2014
This si pretty good - like all golds it needs stirring up pretty often before you useit. It doesn't hold the gold in suspension that well so you need to be careful when you're using it to paint that you don't get a brushful of clear fluid. I've had this problem with most gold inks though, if you make sure you swish the paint brush around the bottom of the jar you'll be ok.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7