Profile for Tan Dat Nguyen > Reviews

Sonic Firestorm
Sonic Firestorm
Offered by booklore

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 25 April 2004
This review is from: Sonic Firestorm (Audio CD)
Overall, a very good album. While it does not contain any instantlystand-out tracks like a couple of the tracks from the first album (Valleyof the Damned), it is nevertheless a 'grower' - the more I listen to itthe better it definitely gets. I do like the more extensive of keyboardson this album as well as the more obvious hints of 'prog' elements (e.g.Warrior of the Waste Land, Above the Winter Moonlight), which at timessort of made me think of DF as a the speed metal version of DreamTheater!
I can understand the comment about the lack of variety, which is trueenough, but this comment is equally applicable to their first album or,arguably, to the majority of genre-based albums. Also, I personally do notcare much for the gibberish lyrics (probably more a reflection of the factwhen it comes to songs lyrics I am so used to the impossibly highstandards set by Neil Peart of Rush).
In the end, despite some reservations, I still enjoy this album enormouslyand am looking forward to check them out live.