Profile for PSL Scott > Reviews

Content by PSL Scott

PSL Scott

Ultimate New Job: The Definitive Guide to Surviving and Thriving As A New Starter: 1 (Ultimate Series)
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 2 Nov 2012
I got this book because it was reduced and I was buying some of the other books by this author. So pleased I got it though as it has highlighted some really useful pointers for starting my new job. It also highlighted that I was doing some things right already, which was good to know! I particularly liked the chapter on 'Time Management' - the new 'organised' me starts here and now!

The Interview Question & Answer Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to Even the Toughest Interview Questions
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight!, 2 Nov 2012
This really does cover all the questions and answers you could get asked in an interview, and probably some more besides! I hope I don't get asked them all at my impending interviews. If I do, I shall be ready!

The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview
The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy to read book, 2 Nov 2012
I got this book because the other two I read from James Innes - 'The CV book' and 'The Interview Book' were really easy to read and helped me secure three job interviews. This book seems just as helpful. There are some really great tips and I can dip in and out of it and read the bits I think will be most relevant to me. I think I'm going to be much more confident in my future interviews.

The Cover Letter Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect Cover Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars PSL Scott, 2 Nov 2012
I got this book when I bought 'The CV Book', by the same author. It made it so much easier to write my cover letters using the examples in the book, and I'm sure it helped me to get the three interviews I now have lined up :) Ha Ha - now I've bought 'The Interview book' to make sure I don't mess up at the next stage. Fingers crossed!

The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV
The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo pleased I bought it!, 2 Nov 2012
I thought my own CV was quite good, but after getting no responses when I sent it out to various companies I decided to do a proper job and got this book to help me. What a transformation my CV has undertaken! It appears I had broken nearly every rule when writing a CV. Thankfully, I've now set that straight after reading The CV book, and so far I've had three offers of interviews. I'm soooo pleased I bought it. Would recommend it to anyone thinking of writing or rewriting their CV. It was an easy (and quite humorous) read. I got The Cover Letter Book too, and I think that definitely helped to secure the interviews.