Profile for D. Roberts > Reviews

Content by D. Roberts

D. Roberts (Essex, England)

Live At Blue Rock
Live At Blue Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Live At Blue Rock (Audio CD)
I thought twice about buying this album as I already knew most of the songs from the studio albums. I am so glad that I did buy it!

I was lucky enough to see Mary live in the UK in 2009 and she was brilliant. This album reaches new hieghts. Mary delivers the songs with emotion and intimacy. The musical arrangements are excellent and sufficently different to the studio versions to make this a "must have" album for fans.

Anyone familiar with Mary's work, we will already know that her songs are honest, gritty, compassionate and thought-provoking. It is incedible that she is still not yet known to a wider audience. For anyone yet to familiarise themselves with her work, this album would be an excellent place to start.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the Struggle That Shaped the Middle East
by James Barr

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening, 3 Oct 2011
With so much comparatively recent history of deceit and skulduggery, can we wonder at the state of the Middle East, or be surprised that the resentment our presence causes in the area, especially the invasion of Iraq? This is work of non-fiction, but sad to say, it would make an excellent novel. A brilliantly written book, that makes the history and politics very accessible.

Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black
Logitech C270 HD Webcam - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent webcam with microphone, 20 Nov 2010
This is my first webcam, bought to use for skype. It is even more compact than I expected. Intallation and setting up on my XP laptop was easy for a non-expert. Just made first skype call and it worked very well. Picture quality is excellent as is the sound from the built-in microphone. In view of the product I probably could have done a video review - but one step at a time.

USB Printer Switch Box
USB Printer Switch Box
Offered by Aquarius Computers

5.0 out of 5 stars USB Printer Switch Box, 1 Feb 2008
Connected to my HP psc printer this switch box has given me a very quick, simple and cheap solution to enable the occasional printing and scanning I need from a second computer. Besides the switch box all I needed were a couple of extra USB A-B cables and everything was working in a matter of minutes. There are more "hi-tech" ways with automatic switches and wireless networking, but if, like me, you only need to print occasionally from one or other computer then at £11.99 including p+p I think this simple rugged switch from Aquarius Computers must be hard to beat.