Profile for segasentme1 > Reviews

Content by segasentme1

segasentme1

Page: 1 | 2
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a "Sin" If you don't buy this...., 18 May 2015
Final Fantasy x has to be in my top three final fantasy games, maybe even my favourite of all time!
Sure enough the HD remaster is everything i expected it to be. It does everything it say's on the tin.
I wanted to purchase this on the ps3, but the transition came and the PS4 caught my attention. Rather than going back
to boot up the old 80g sony, i thought the memory of FFX/X2 will stay with me when i played it years ago on the ps2.
Looking like i would never experience this classic ever again, it was a mere normal day when i stumbled across The HD remaster for ps4 for pre order on Amazon.
The Box art stood out to me and with all the nostalgic memory's flooding back, i thought " what better time to recapture the many hour's leveling up using the sphere grid system( The best in my eyes on any final fantasy title) Re living the classic story of Tidus, his friends and the adventure he and his counter parts embark on! The music is as good as i remember and this time around has a arranged setting for you to hear your favourite themes remastered.
If you are new to Turn based RPGS....or Final Fantasy for that matter, start here! You will enjoy the amazing Experience and after the four hour mark you will be hooked!
I will mention there is some addition content on the main menu which i have not explored yet, however x2 stands down the menu so if you wanted you could play that before x. i recommend you don't do this unless you never experienced x2 the first time around. It gives you the option to jump in.
I have to give Final Fantasy x/x2 remastered 5 stars. Support this title as its truly a master piece with easy over 100 hours of gameplay and with the bonus of a Plat trophy to obtain this time round.

Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Offered by Moe Discounts

5.0 out of 5 stars That boss was a b!tch, wasn't she?, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Bloodborne (PS4) (Video Game)
Bloodborne is a game you have to respect, respect the game. Never under estimate it!
Bloobdborne is the boss and if you show any insubordination, it will constantly remind you who is in charge.

Beware, if you have the intention on breezing through this game and inspecting a deep story then this is one you may want to avoid.
The game doesn't really explain what it is. Its kind of like a leap of faith...you will either get it or you wont.
I agree, when the transaction of monies is involved you should no the product you are buying or at least some idea what its contents are, allow me to say i am one of those who does get it. You will hear a lot of talk about the resemblance of dark souls etc...and this is a good thing!

For me, the reward of completing a area in bloodborne is what attracts me to this game. I recommend you try it.
Treat this game like a rubix cube. It seems a complete mess to get to grips with, but overtime you will complete one side. Your interest will rise and your determination to beat it will see you through...and when that day finally comes and you do complete it?..well, maybe bloodborne 2 will be out!

This game suits my gaming needs and i would love to see more of it! Bit of a hollow review but thats the style of Bloodborne. Enjoy!

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Offered by trguk

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover me ..I'm reloading, 4 Nov. 2014
Advance warfare has a lot of impressing to do to please the millions worldwide who play it...
Of course sledgehammer cannot cater to everyone's taste but I will break down my thoughts and try give it a fair review
and point out some pro's and cons that might relate to your purchase.

I think the campaign is without doubt one of the best we have seen.I think the folks who only play mp should really check out the story , whack it on veteran and nourish the game.

The graphics are awesome it's running at 1080 p hitting 60 fps like a mutha and quite impressed when playing on my flat screen.

The online suffers a different fate , although it's better than ghosts it has its problems ..it's standard at a cod release to have broken spawns but this will no doubt be patched .The Exo suits are a different twist and a huge gamble to implement this in a cod franchise .
I admit its fun but deemed useless as it doesn't really improve your chances of winning a gun battle , it does encourage roof camping but with broken revenge spawns people cant get away with it.

The maps are nice and bright , but still think we could have some better designs. The hit detection is good but when hip firing it does feel a bit broken mix this with people chatting on they're micro phones which are displayed right in the middle of the screen..yes right in the middle!!
I think this game will age well if patched correctly staying alive is pretty tough at this stage and we all like to think we are better than we actually are but I assume once we learn the game better dying wont be such an issue.
People are getting good at cod so its evident with each release you will struggle more.
Playing free for all and ive learnt all the spawns on Detroit I am starting to dominate..so learning spawns will def make the experience better.

The killstreaks are not much good ..few are good but buffing the one's that are available was pretty neat.

Now the guns are what really let this game down. assault rifles are mundane along with smgs , snipers quickscope..guess that's good if you snip.
The whole cod experience is dying and its really starting to show .People want it to go back to old war theme and while I agree with them keeping it simple I just don't think it will ever be the same.
Still this is not a bad game it has co op thrown in and still get some tasty use out of this.
Enjoy the campaign , make the most of online , just don't expect a life changing experience.
A good overall cod three stars.

The Evil Within (PS4)
The Evil Within (PS4)
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars Tango works ..works!!, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Evil Within (PS4) (Video Game)
My , how many years have passed while video gaming..
So many variants and great titles have hit our shelves in previous decades and many in this present generation too....

Has the Evil within made a big enough splash this far in the history of gaming?

The Evil within seems to have flown a little under the radar , a majority may know of it's existence but this game hasn't had the heavy marketing as the usual suspects in the gaming world.
I feel like I am part of an exclusive club while playing this interesting , gore filled , jump out of your chair , play late at night hit of a game!

Shinji Mikami has set his usual pace while creating such a brilliant survival horror story.

Experience in the genre will not save you from this tale , think again if you know how to beat this kind of game!!
The opening chapter will no doubt have you in a frenzy , it's tense , scary , gore filled and highly intriguing.
As the game unfolds more you realise how much of a test this game will be , the survival aspect is implemented extremely well and since the enemies are tough you don't want to be face to face with them..prepare for slaughter!!

What I really like about the evil within is it gives you that sense you are playing a video game , not a movie with a game thrown in.To all those who remember resident evil back on the ps1 and resident evil 4 on gamecube you will feel a warm resemblance to those games (especially in chapter 2 with that nod to resident evil )The sound effects in the game are fantastic but the atmospheric music isn't quite on par with the fore mentioned. That's not to say it's not good just not a hit out of the park in my opinion.
Now the game has a different aspect ratio it doesn't play full screen This will really be a mixed bag on opinions but nonetheless it doesn't put a hindrance on the gameplay.

Graphically The evil within doesn't really showcase the ps4 the cut scene's do look closer to a ps3 game but I'm not going to cut my score because of is , in game are very good and the gameplay carries this game to victory.

As you play as detective Sebastian Castellanous trying to unwrap the mysteries of beacon mental hospital you will have a great time and that's what we are here for.
Overall you should pick this title up .One of the better one's this year has to offer
A good game in a nutshell.... and even if its only a four page instruction manual included , it still counts and it was nice to see!!

Watch Dogs (PS4)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Hacked on , hacked off, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (PS4) (Video Game)
Watch Dogs hits the uk and by now if you are not familiar with the buzz around this title then sit back and lets unwrap the phenomenon...

Touching on the graphic's issue , plenty of speculation going on around the web but in all honesty it still looks pretty good , not jaw dropping as one might have hoped but overall ,solid! If you 're refraining from buying this title because of this alone , it is a shame because this has plenty of potential and can open up a decent contender for any other open world games on the market ( we all know who I am talking about )
Besides this is watchdogs moment so let's give it the spotlight.

Aiden Pearce is the character who you will be controlling on your journey around Chi town , the windy city or to us English folk " Chicago "
Chicago has taken the crown from many other u.s city's as a highly crime ridden place ...once New York was the city to relate crime with ....the metropolis seeing over 2300 murders during the year 1990 but with modern technology , cyber crime and a huge gang activity in the south side of chi town " Chicago is a fitting setting for this game "
Playing this game from the outset you feel part of a place you may have or not ever visited , but feel you know the place all to well.

The first mission you hear that thick Nu yiok / Chicago accent * minor spoiler *............You are Introduced to the how much of a sporting state Illinois is as the first warm up tutorial mission .It allows you to get to grips with the controls and utilize it's surrounding's.
For me the controls are tight and very playable , the vehicle's controls are some what ok but nothing too rememberable .

Looking at the trophy list it's plan to see that it has a stack of side missions and much to explore . having driven around the city taking control of my surroundings making lights trigger green while being tailed by cops in the Chicago skyline is reason alone to make this game pique your interest to purchase it .
As always ubisoft deliver a strong main character , strong voice acting and overall good story telling.

My score falls short of 5 stars because watchdogs doesn't quite deliver in every aspect , by no means is 4 stars a lousy score , it's a great game.
The thing watch dogs lacks is merely experience , Its fresh out the womb , It needs to grow and if successful we could see many good thing's in future titles.
Ubisoft's first attempt at open world (to my knowledge) is pretty darn strong . Rockstar have had many titles and year's to perfect their GTA games and as much as I dislike uttering that in the same sentence , watch dogs will always be compared to gta even though it's a completely different game.

So if hacking ,action , stealth ,crime ,driving ,exploration and many more activities is how you want to be spending your time ? ...then watch dogs is no doubt the game for you. Let's not forget the ps4 has additional content too.

Dark Souls II (PS3)
Dark Souls II (PS3)
Offered by geth3

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimme that e flask, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dark Souls II (PS3) (Video Game)
What a great time for any gamer to wander into the depths of Dark souls 2
Painfully growing older and constant reminders where the future of video games are heading , Namco Bandai fully restore my faith in this brilliantly crafted game.

As I placed the disk in my Playstation and the simple but effective title menu appeared with its numbing music " I knew I was about to embark on a dangerous journey "

In all honesty Dark souls 2 didn't bowl me over at first glance , finally having it in my hands it felt underwhelming I guess since the release of the last game I have been used to heavy story telling on other games and not used to a game which has more depth that throws you straight in to the deep end.

Where Dark souls shines among many other games and RPGs is its difficulty , some will accept the challenge some will not , it truly isn't for everyone but I feel compelled to let everyone know you should at least try it. Change can be scary to the unknown but the reward and fulfilment when you beat a area or boss is like no other .

With little knowledge of where to go and limited resources this game can make you fill quite bewildered , however signing in to psn and occasionally seeing some other poor soul trying to tackle a foe gives you some solace in what you are trying to achieve.
Of course people pen hints and tips also online but this will barely help and besides to fully appreciate this game you really don't want the help...so really try to refrain from using online video walkthroughs or game guide forums or websites.
Welcome the challenge , better yourself at gaming may you go through many emotions but it is all worth it.

Dark souls 2 delivers in fun , difficultly , adventure , level design , attitude , gameplay and quite nearly graphically .Good graphics are on display however their are better out there...but we are not investing all our hard earned cash just for that visual attraction
from this title.
This game is rock tough but with the bonfires (save points) more ready available and the instant travel , one cant help but think this isn't quite on par with the original Dark souls game...Maybe its because I am more familiar with the controls and what to expect from dark souls 2 maybe its because I expect foes to loiter on stair cases , enemies to lunge from around the corner...maybe I finally learnt how to evade such weaponry from giant bosses who knows?
This game is tough!!!..... but I am improving .
if you are new you ARE going to struggle.

Naturally I am going for 5 stars because it is a 5 star game but I cant help but think it lives in the shadow of its predecessor .

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Online review, 5 Nov. 2013
Its hard to keep stimulating the human brain with the same thing over and over...so each year the next cod ups there dosage...or at least tries.

I will break the online review down in a total of three perspectives to appeal to all that play cod , Of course concluding with a overall rating.

The noob review.

Finally giving in to all the hype and wanna pick this game up?

Well expect good and bad things.
First off , this far down in the history of cod ...You jumping in now will no doubt be very over whelming.

The style of play and endless tweaking of perks , Killstreaks , menus and ( Ahem )MLG wannabee players ,may deter you from persuing a online career with cod.Not forgetting to expect the verbal abuse you will receive because the opposing player/s don't agree with your play method.

( Don't forget to mute these sons of be arches)

This game has a learning curve...and quite frankly its how quick you can raise your gun and press shoot the quickest and the main goal is to learn the maps and spawns in parrot fashion so you can create a s*** storm and brag to your mates about the high killstreaks you unleashed on the less educated cod players.This is what attracts a player and you try to re inact this over and over for countless hours , This of course is part of the fun and I myself fit nicely in this bracket , having spent many hours/Days/weeks on cod.

So is this the game for you? I would recommend giving the francise a try its great fun and in hindsight, my first year of cod was the best. So why not start here with ghosts.

Now for my second part review

The veteran

Lets be honest if you know cod you wanna know is it better than black ops 2?

Yes it is from a personal point of view.Hit detection is top notch and you seem to win gunfights respectively .

I also like the map designs I am really enjoying learning and exploring , My favourite right now ...erm I forget the name but lets just call it jungle 2 a sequel to the black ops map. Stonehaven is a great map too

Having said that as much as I like the maps , Most maps have plenty of choke points , big in size and camp spots everywhere.

But different game modes utilise the players preference to play style .

UAV spamming is nearly gone but the sat con has replaced it and you are forever hearing them being used , its inferior but more annoying.

Killstreaks in general are not over powered and air support is not as aggressive as its predecessors .Some new entries which are really good, Support is nerfed and with all the perks for specialist it looks like that will be the way to go further down the line.The gambler perk is great it only costs one squad point and can randomly give you a heavy perk at a spawn.

Squad points are what are used to buy equipment and perks.Oh and forget trying to prestige in a weekend it takes forever to level up..again to me is a advantage rather than a negative .

So with that in mind ..yes its the same old cod but with the new game modes and the let down of black ops 2 online I would recommend getting it.

Final overall online review.

Just for a second lets imagine there was no cod no online to ever exist.

Treat this as a stand alone game..we often always compare cod to its early years.
This is probably the problem

with high expectations we expect some out of this world experience with the latest instalment , but ask yourself this what more could they really do with it? its a war game with guns .Too many changes and its not a cod game.

Lets treat cod ghosts as a stand alone game.Its pretty damn good and hella lot of fun.

I will give it five stars as a stand alone online game..but because of the memory of previous cods I will give it a four.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Massshh POTATOES!!, 31 Mar. 2013
So tiger woods 14 is here... with key timing, Since the masters is just around the corner. If you're reading this post masters and tiger won it I got a good come back from the bookies. Anyhow on to the game.

So if you are new to golf or new to golf video games and you are curious to get into the sport or just play the game. Let me tell you this game will no doubt impress you very much. Its a very good golf sim which goes very deep to capture the real life game. Now if you are a tiger woods golf veteran like me there are not enough new features to really warrant you to buy this in all honesty. Each game is always very similar to the last but this year I am afraid to say ....is too similar to 13.

Extra additions are the night golf which is interesting on the eye ,A couple of new golfers added to the roster and all 4 majors are here, Online has increased golf club memberships from 25 to 100.(Pfft now I gota manage 99 bad players instead of 24)You can jump in real time tournaments which is good. So overall online is really good and 4 hours can go by in no time, Especially when you go 18 holes of alternate shot.

For the solo golfer are the pga season which you start out as a amateur and train building stats with your personal created golfer. You can start on the us amateur or the British(Euro) circuit.
The legends mode is good if you like that sort of thing,Re-living all the greats famous shots is fun,One i am in particular looking forward to is that par save Tiger made in 2008 to force a play off to go on to win his 14th Major.Not only will you re live these moments from the like's of Jack, Seve, Arnie,Gary Player,Sam snead and of couse Tiger...You will have to defeat them all.

If that's not your preference then play as a pro, practice and have fun on a choice of 20 golf course's at your very disposal.
There are plenty of dlc on day one of release which is always a sting in the butt. now people who purchase tw games are thinking am I going to be rewarded with my loyalty ..will E A see my hard drive saves and give me some free extra course and the answer is no.. You get some xp reward but that is all.
Oh I must mention also that the pro golfers are looking worse each year .

So if you need a fix of more golf then this is really the only way to go, so its a tough choice to make. So is this a good game? If you are new to the series then this is everything you can ever want from a golf video game.
If you are not new here then I must say skipping this year wont do you any harm.

Graphics 7
Presentation 9
voice and sound 6
gameplay 10
fun and difficulty for your preference 8
overall content 5 ..would have been more if the d l c wasn't capitalism at its best
Lasting appeal 8
Overall 7.5
Suggestions for future game. Please can we have the crowd shout get in the hole and let us have full choice over our clubs when we hit the ball, when am 180 yards out I don't want the game to put a club in my hand. I wanna guess if I need a hard 7 iron or a safe 5 iron to get it on the dance floor.
Thanks for reading, Hope this helps you come to a decision

Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats this!!, 12 Mar. 2013
If you really need anymore convincing to buy this boxset(Which at this point i doubt you do)Ill throw my two cents in.I didn't purchase this off amazon in this particular transaction, However i really do believe the more the world knows about this master piece the better.

Many reviewer's have covered the story so mine is more ..in my opinion to make you seal the deal to buy it.

If you haven't seen this on blinkbox or netflix but stumbled across it..Let me tell you,You are one of the lucky few.

I, like some ,struggle to get stuck into shows,In some cases a whole season to warm up to it,Even then i may discard watching them.
This doesn't suffer the same fate.From the get go after one episode you will be hooked!!

I started to believe they coated the dvd in meth because i watched 8 episodes once back to back..and just between me and you i called in a sick day just so i could order pizza and have this marathon viewing.

I urge all to buy this..try and savour it.In hindsight i wish i limited myself to one viewing a night...(god its difficult)

Fantastic acting,The cast were born for these roles..The respect i have for bryan cranston(Walter),aaron paul(jesse) is immense..Plus everyone else.

This is better than any movie i prefer cranston to bruce willis john mclain now.

Treat yourself...stick this in your basket now!!!!

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Light em up!!, 15 Nov. 2012
Lets jump right in and talk about the campaign,I just beat it and was very impressed with the story,Take the time to watch the cutscenes and enjoy it all unfold..Because this for me was one of, if not the best campaigns bestowed upon us cod gamers.
Now if you decide to pay full price for this game and you dont have a internet connection,Its debatable Because the campaign is just half the game.

Graphics are improved for this years iteration and it shows!Easy on the eye, very smooth feel progressing throughout.

Moving on to Zombies,This is hard to review because this mode is like marmite,people either Love it or hate it,If you are familier with this mode be reasured its sublime.
Now if you are not...Hmmm its gonna be a gamble if this will swing your desicion weather to purchase the game or not.
Countless ours killing zombies in a survial horror mode your thing?Then i recommend.

Before i talk about the multiplayer lets point out the new bonus missions throughout the campaign,About four missions in you unlock spec op esque missions,if you want to persue them then you can.... or return to them at later date.However continue to far in the campaign and they are not replayable to the game is complete.(These are great on veteran if you want a challenge)

So now multiplayer,Well remember how the orignal black ops had well designed maps(Do you agree)?...But they looked dull in colour?Well this time they flip reversered it!Now this is only my opinion
but alot of people are in agreement with me.They look great but feel unfortunatly worse than mw3..Dying around a corner a full 5 feet is back and no chance of survial, if taking cover while under fire you wont last.Even in the rarest time you do,chances are you will be flanked almost instantly buy another player.Maps are small, bar 2.There are 15 if you have nuketown 2025,That map has improved visualy but feels smaller and dense.Which brings me to killstreaks..Plenty of them over 20 infact,New addtions but wont mention them.
The new scoring system is ok ...It does encourage you to do the objective so caping a flag gives you 200 points which is the equvilant of 2 or 3 kills.
You could in theory just collect 10 kill confirmed tags not blast anyone and have a good killstreak,Good luck its alot harder than it sounds!!Haha!

So lets wrap up with the sound..Which is brillant ,great voice acting.Some new guns thrown in there too...

The verdict:

If you have never played call of duty,This game will get you addicted in no time,It may cost you a girlfriend,wife and You may even put on a few pounds while your at it too!
Still, you would have great fun spending all your spare time trying to perfect your play.
So if you have exepirenced most ,if not all cod games well you may feel a tad let down.But nonetheless this is a solid game.
Four stars from me guys.Hope this helped.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2012 7:44 AM GMT